Pakistan commissioner believes trio were "set-up"

mas cambios

Pakistan commissioner believes trio were "set-up"

Following on what I said in the other thread (Arrest over Pakistan-England cricket 'betting scam' - BigCricket) about none of the players getting punished, it looks like the foundations are already being laid.

The three Pakistan cricketers accused of corruption may have been set up, according to the country's high commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hasan.

When asked whether Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir, who are being investigated for spot-fixing, had been framed, Hasan replied: "Yes."

Taken from BBC Sport - Cricket - Pakistan commissioner believes trio were "set-up"

You wait, nothing will come of this. It will be swept under the carpet and we all go on believing that cricket is honest.

Re: Pakistan commissioner believes trio were "set-up"

PCB says the players have withdrawn due to "mental torture".

You're right, nothing will come of the whole scenario and the PCB will probably try and nullify the issue as quietly as possible with minimal fuss and will no doubt trot out some sort of defence or appeal or technicality to try and get all three guys off without penalty.

It's a complete joke to be honest, the PCB are very hard to pick when it comes to discipline and they can either go one way or another. This time they've gone in favour of the players rather then against them and the diection they took at the start of the whole scandal was going to be the direction they took in the long-term.

No-one will learn or gain anything from the entire thing and we'll go back to the same sort of ignorance until another thing like this surfaces again. Till then it'll be heads in the sand, can't hear you lalala type stuff.

I really am amazed!

Of course, we are all innocent until proven guilty... what amazes me is the lack of interest from the paranormal groups. If indeed these players are innocent, there is only one explanation...

...their manager/agent is psychic :eek:. Quick, somebody disect his brain to see how this phenomina has occurred :D.

Alternatively, with all the troubles in Pakistan, surely their government should be harnessing this guy's talents... surely one of their own should be using such fantastic skills to save his country. If not with all the money he earned in this transaction, why could he not predict the extent, and pinpoint the area of the recent flooding?

I suppose there is one other possible explanation...

Could it be possible that the NotW have trumped this up?

Is it possible that there is, in fact, 100 hours of video footage but 99 hours and 55 minutes of it is useless and they had to trawl with a ten denier net to find these few coincidences?

Surely not... this was brought to our attention by the BBC and I know they would never publish anything they were not convinced was right.

Perhaps the NotW need to protect their reputation and integrity by providing more 'hard' evidence.

The fact that it was the NOTW who broke the story has always sat uneasy with me. However, these guys have a record for this can of journalism and surely they would know when something is legit or not.

I have no doubt that a lot more footage exists, simply because that is how this type of thing works. The accused is not going to offer his 'services' to strangers - it will take time to get him on board and trust to be built. Therefore, I do agree that the footage may have been handpicked but if they can prove the meeting took place before the no balls occured and not after then surely the idea that this is a set-up can be safely forgotten about.

What interest does the NOTW of accusing Pakistani cricketers of corruption? Whilst interesting it's not going to sell as many papers as a story about an English footballer or the likes of Cheryl Cole. The only reason I can really think of involves wild conspiracy theories, which to be honest are bunkum.

I guess in some ways there is a precedent set with the John Higgins (snooker) case where he claims he said what he said under duress. However, in this case the accused is the fixer and not the fixee or a party interested in inside information. Which means he would have had the power and not the paper.

"The International Cricket Council has suspended Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif, the three players implicated in the Lord's spot-fixing scandal, under the provisions of the Anti-Corruption Code."

Source: cricinfo

This will be interesting. They have 14 days to appeal but will remain suspended.

I wasn't terribly surprised when the Pakistani HC said this. This "it's all a cover-up" movement originally began in the Pakistani media. A few Pak news sites and a newspaper Daily Mail (unrelated to UK's Daily Mail) said that Mazhar Majeed (the alleged fixer), was a RAW front man. RAW being the Indian intelligence agency.

It's hilarious if you check a few Pakistani forums, some people think this was all organized by RAW/Mossad/MI6/Indians :p

mas cambios;407454 said:
Following on what I said in the other thread (Arrest over Pakistan-England cricket 'betting scam' - BigCricket) about none of the players getting punished, it looks like the foundations are already being laid.

Taken from BBC Sport - Cricket - Pakistan commissioner believes trio were "set-up"

You wait, nothing will come of this. It will be swept under the carpet and we all go on believing that cricket is honest.

ah it all makes sense now

it was a plot conceived by the evil Anglo/Australian axis to deny Pakistan its biggest star players who were beginning to challenge the imperialist dominance
:)

Roy00;407521 said:
ah it all makes sense now

it was a plot conceived by the evil Anglo/Australian axis to deny Pakistan its biggest star players who were beginning to challenge the imperialist dominance
:)

Never mind that India is probably better than both of us at the moment anyway, but that probably just makes pakistan even more angry...

Back