Pakistan Cricket And Tere Bin Laden.

There is a movie, made by Indians, and a great star of Pakistan, who both sings and acts perfectly, apart from being a good looker, has acted in the movie. In the movie, a gentleman in Pakistan, is coerced into acting like Osama Bin Laden, because the good looker wants to get a Visa to the U. S., and the gentleman looks the part, and the Osama lookalike, if arrested, will make the good looker a sure shot visa holder. The movie is a masterpiece, and the Pakistani cricketer seems to be a jovial personality/star, like Ali Zafar. I feel, that when the Pakistani learns Cricket, he has the benign bearing, and dignity of Ali Zafar, and he wants to only do good. The character in the movie, ultimately wants to work for CNN, it seems, as a reporter. I don't know the end, because I haven't seen the end of the movie. I suspect, everyone lands up in jail, in Pakistan, I mean, the guys who are liked by the viewer of the movie. I just love the characters, and I appreciate that all the likeable characters are played by Indians, apart from the hero, who is the most likeable. What I want to say is, that the players in Pakistan seem to love Cricket similarly, and they are an interesting team to watch.

I don't know how to say this. It doesn't matter to me, whether Pakistan win's or looses matches. For example, I did see a few matches in the Benson & Hedges World Series Cup, in Australia. I didn't notice Pakistan winning or loosing. I saw the finals, but I had to miss the end. I was in boarding school, and wasn't supposed to watch the match. On second thought, I didn't see any Pakistan match, in that tournament. I think, the final was the only match I saw. The Benson & Hedges Cup was as important, as the World Cup, in 1983. I was really unhappy, that India lost in the 1993 World Cup, but I wasn't unhappy, that Pakistan played the Cup. That team was a very good team, perhaps, Younis (Waqar) could have played, if fit. It wasn't perhaps, the best team, but Aaquib Javed did what perhaps Younis would not have done. What I remember about the India Pakistan match, is that I predicted an India win. It seems, I knew, that what Pakistan did, in the first innings, India could do better, in the second. India had a score of 206, perhaps, in the first innings. It seems, India had the bowling, to do what was needed, because it was the batting, which mattered, in that game. I think, this was what I remembered. The Indian batsmen batted well. They batted well, against Akram, and Javed. Imran Khan was the captain/batsman, mainly, and he will admit it. I don't know, whether the spinners of Pakistan, did the trick, or took wickets for their nation. It seems very likely. If Imran Khan had not been modest, about himself, and led from the front, Pakistan would not have won the Cup, in 1993. He is a man, to be considered, because he perhaps, wouldn't have made himself available for selection, if he thought he was not required. Every team, in the opposite team, values such a player, and admires such a team.

Back