Pakistan In West Indies

futureblackcap

Talk about a comeback! Afridi scoring 76 from 55 deliveries and then destroying the West Indies with 7 for 12 from his nine overs!

I don't think I could name a more dominant ODI performance...

What an all-rounder!

But pakistan should not forget how their batting failed ,which should be a big concern for pakistan cause its not necessary that misbah and afridi wil save them all the time

But pakistan should not forget how their batting failed ,which should be a big concern for pakistan cause its not necessary that misbah and afridi wil save them all the time

For sure. Misbah seems to be there only consistent batsmen at the moment.

On the other side, WI should be concerned as well as out of the younger batsmen, only Johnson Charles has stood up of late. They can't rely on Gayle for too many more years you'd think.

The windies have a strong batting line up and they can hammer any bowling attack any time so pakistan should stay alarmed even though they have strong bowling attack cause you don't know when they start punishing you like they did in the t20 world cup

The windies have a strong batting line up and they can hammer any bowling attack any time so pakistan should stay alarmed even though they have strong bowling attack cause you don't know when they start punishing you like they did in the t20 world cup

I don't know about the Windies having a strong batting line-up. I'd say they have a strong T20 batting line-up but still struggle with consistency in the two longer formats. Even Marlon Samuels has gone quiet since the T20 WC.

Pakistan is another side that's always struggled with consistency, except maybe in the shortest format. I'd say they are pretty similar teams actually.

It doesn't help either team's reputation that the pitch on Sunday was an absolute minefield and was enormously difficult to bat on. I heard that there was a lot of rain in Providence yesterday, and there are scattered thunderstorms forecast for the 2nd ODI today, so it might not get any easier for the batsmen (assuming of course that they get a game to begin with [fingers crossed]).

Pakistan loses the 2nd one day international by 38 runs. Sunil Narine got 4 wickets. Just Nasir Jamshed and Umar Akmal made a good contribution in the pakistan innings other than that nobody was able to play Narine and other West Indian bowlers. Both the teams proved that they are two unpredictable sides. The series is all level now 1-1.as expected "The Man Of The Match" award goes to Sunil Narine. Third one day to be played on Friday.

The Bravo brothers doing it for the WI's with the bat. Just as important contributions as Narine with the ball. Good to see the Windies come back after the first match.

I know it's a work day but it looks like there is about 10 people there.

Interesting to see that Gayle has dropped right down to number 5 these days.

Back