Peter Siddles Hat Trick, was it the best one of all time?

I know all hat tricks are great, for they are freakish things. But, of all the ones you have seen where would you rate this one? I would say it is easily the best one I have seen, due mainly to the fact of the quality of the 3 balls. Add to the fact the occasion, the perfect batting conditions and the situation of the game when it happened makes this head and shoulders above any other I have seen.

Would like to get the thoughts of others.

I said a few days ago elsewhere that as a Pommie my biggest worry was Siddle. Your press and our press seemed to over-look him, the cursory 'And Peter Siddle is on his way back from injury' being about as threatening as it gets. But what I've seen of Siddle over the last couple of years is that he's a man on a mission, he just looks like he's bang up for it and with an attitude of total focus and determination. I haven't got SKY, so I'll have to wait till tonight and see the highlights.

I know all hat tricks are great, for they are freakish things. But, of all the ones you have seen where would you rate this one? I would say it is easily the best one I have seen, due mainly to the fact of the quality of the 3 balls. Add to the fact the occasion, the perfect batting conditions and the situation of the game when it happened makes this head and shoulders above any other I have seen.

Would like to get the thoughts of others.
Have you seen any others?

I was just going to laugh at this but off the top of my head could pull of one extremely obvious one that easily tops this. Shane Warne's hat trick is above and beyond all the hat tricks I have watched (thank you YouTube), and (not just because I'm an Australian) McGrath's is pretty damn good too. Manages to get his 398, 399 and 400th wickets with three balls with Lara being in there as well. Sort of a double celebration all in one.

Also the DRS ruined this one, can't get excited when the batsman stands there and refuses to leave, ruins the moment.

Back