Pietersen and Moores resign

a for effort

Pietersen and Moores resign

Following weeks of very public squabbling, both England captain and coach have resigned, leaving the England side in disarray a fortnight before a tour to the West Indies, and 6 months away from an Ashes series.

Cricinfo - Pietersen and Moores resign

A sad event that could have been avoided if Kevin 'Elvis Jagger Hendrix' Pietersen could keep his grievances in-house rather than running to the media about his disagreements with Moores.

According to the article Andy Flower will be caretaker coach in the West Indies while Strauss is favourite to be given the captaincy again.

Re: Pietersen and Moores resign

Though I agree with you with regards to KP running to the media, Moores isn't entirely innocent in that respect either.

A mess but that's English cricket for you.

Not the first time KP goes off to the media about an issue with a seniority.

I don't think this is the way to solve it though.

KP should have just accpeted the decision not to include Vaughan but keep mentioning it to Moores.

Anyway England cricket has a lot of depth and Vaughan could be replace IMO.

But obviously not in KP's.

Offical now, KP resigned, Moores sacked.

Strauss to take over as captain. No confirmation if he will be one day captain though.

KP has said he still wants to play for England, will be interesting to see what happens next.

i have to say i'm slightly gutted, i thought KP would lead England to the Ashes!

But Strauss should have had his chance before Flintoff. I think he will be a good skipper!

Though I argued against him in the past (mainly when he was in he poor run of form last year) I have no problem with Strauss as captain. He'll probably do well and seems a nice enough bloke, so should be able to unite the dressing room.

Only problem with him is that he looks like a dog that the other half used to own, which is a little disconcerting.

Stumped;306819 said:
i have to say i'm slightly gutted, i thought KP would lead England to the Ashes!

But Strauss should have had his chance before Flintoff. I think he will be a good skipper!
Thanks for the perfect timing England. I don't know how we're gonna top 5-0, but considering the shambles you're in, anything is possible

To be honest it may work out to be perfect timing. Moores was dragging the team backwards and needed to be ousted.

I guess it was only a matter of time before KP let his ego get the better of him, so better now than 6/7 months down the line.

As I posted, Strauss is a good choice. Decent cricket brain and knows the ropes, also he has enough nous to bring the side back together (not that there is probably that much work to do). The biggest issue will be with how they deal with KP but you get the feeling that it'll be water off a ducks back and he'll carry on regardless with minimal effect.

Of course it could all go to pot with players refusing to play or sloping off to the IPL but time will tell.

Well they have well and truly gone backwards now.

England and Australia have played one test this year and Australia have won while England have been hammered.

Is this a sign of things to come in an Ashes year.

Back