Player of the Month - August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy

Player of the Month - August

Macaroon 9 won the title for July, putting together some great performances with the bat in Twenty/20s. Let's see if any one can top him in August.

Qualifying period is for the month of August, so that's from the the 1st to the 31st.

All games count, but please say what the match type was (20/30/40/50 overs etc).

Rules can be found here, if there are any questions then please ask a team member or admin!

Good luck to all of you, get cracking!

Re: Player of the Month - August

Well I might as well put up my figures from the weekend. I scored 2 off 5 balls at the end of the innings before I edged one onto my stumps trying to belt it and hurt my leg in the process of running a quick single. As a result I bowled one over opening as usual before I had to be taken off and when I came back later I only lasted one over as well - despite this I managed to have 2 catches dropped off my bowling and get their best batsman caught at point. Final figures 2-0-12-1

I'll put a marker down with a score of 95 and figures of 5-1-9-4 on Saturday.

Batting wise, a score of 13* against Spain.
Bowling wise, figures of 8-2-9-2 (overs-maidens-runs-wickets) against Hellas(Greece)

king_of_slaves;29080 said:
Batting wise, a score of 13* against Spain.
Bowling wise, figures of 8-2-9-2 (overs-maidens-runs-wickets) against Hellas(Greece)

Was that in some European age group tournament?

well seeing as i was on holiday for the first two weeks my first game of august was 11no after facing 3 Balls (the last 3 Balls of the Game)

dont bowl, keep wicket but every one was bowled or caught

standard 53-47 over league game

8.3 overs, 1 maiden, 1-25. In a 40 over League game today, best spell I've ever bowled though, was so unlucky not to pick up season best figures. Could easily have had 3-4 at least.

I've been on holiday for most of August so far so this was my first match for ages. I opened the bowling and my figures were 15-0-33-1 while the opposition scored 205 in their 50 overs. I was well chuffed with the economy and I should've had at least 2 more wickets - an lbw as plumb as I've ever seen not given and a regulation chance missed by the keeper being the biggest chances. My single wicket made me joint top wicket taker for the 2nd XI this year despite playing far less games for them than any of the other contenders. I also took my 3rd catch of the season 2 balls after dropping the same guy!!

I scored 2 at the end of the innings batting with a senior batsman but then there was a flurry of wickets and I got bowled trying to take on the lead run-scoring role in the next partnership.

this will make you laugh, our sunday game just gone one of our bowlers took 6 wickets for 6 runs off six overs with 2 maidens! and i caught 3 of them!

Stumped;29414 said:
this will make you laugh, our sunday game just gone one of our bowlers took 6 wickets for 6 runs off six overs

Is his name Damian perchance? Well done on taking 3 catches.

lol no but he is South African! and thanks i had four edges in total that game! result!

Had another match yesterday playing for the Geneva Under 17's vs. Zurich U17's. Went pretty well with the bat and ball actually...

Got bowling figures of 5-1-10-4 (Overs-maidens-runs-wickets)
And scored 14* off 6 balls coming in the last few overs.

King Pietersen;29354 said:
8.3 overs, 1 maiden, 1-25. In a 40 over League game today, best spell I've ever bowled though, was so unlucky not to pick up season best figures. Could easily have had 3-4 at least.

Followed this up from last Sunday, with:

8 overs 1 maiden, 1-24 in a 38 over Academy Game. 1-24 was harsh again, one of the batters inside edged marginally passed the off-stump, 2 dropped catches and some crap fielding. Could easily have been 8 overs 3 maidens 3-16 tbh. The ball's coming out brilliantly atm, bowled beautifully at nets, and in 2 games in a row.

My score this month

1 (screwed by umpire)

Bowling figures

5-1-9-4
9.5-1-26-3
2-0-5-0
7.1-0-25-3

Very lean month in terms of games played. Only managed 1 good spell of bowling resulting in 9-2-3-22 (O-M-W-R), and 6 with the bat (career best :p). Only 4 possible games to play in September - hopefully I can pull off that elusive 5-for before the end of the season.

End of the month, so I'm going to lock this one.

Some fierce debate ongoing behind the scenes as to the winner for August, mainly due to the poor English weather and lack of games. Winner will be announced later along with the competition for September, which should start to see the transition from the English season to the rest of the cricketing world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back