Ponting doubt for World Twenty/20

mas cambios

Ponting doubt for World Twenty/20

BBC Article said:
Australia captain Ricky Ponting's participation in the World Twenty20 is in doubt after he failed to join up with the squad citing "a family issue".

Full story can be found here

What effect will his have on Australian chances? Also, will Gilchrist take over as captain? The article also mentions that there are still doubts over Watson and Stuart Clark, because of illness and family problems, respectively.

Your thoughts please!

Re: Ponting doubt for World Twenty/20

Yeah, I read about this. It will have a huge influence on the Australian team and there batting structure (although its only 20 overs).

Adam Gilchrist will no doubt come in as stand in captain, if not then they will probably go for Mike Hussey - he did well enough when he had the job against NZ.

Jeez, Is Watson ever ready to play Cricket. Haven't heard about the Stuey Clark thing though. He won't be to missed if he doesn't play. Johnson, Hilfy, Tait, Lee.

I think Australia will still win the T20 WC. Ponting is no doubt a great player but in the 20 overs format other players can make up for his loss.

It is confirmed that Clark will go to South Africa for the tournament. Clark should be good because he is good at restricting the runs.

The only I find with Clark is that he probably bowls a little too straight for the one day game, meaning that he's fairly easy to hit.

Its a problem Glenn Mcgrath sorted, using cutters very effectively, he isn't one to swing the ball is Mcgrath, or should i say "was," but he found his straight problem reversed into a highlight of his bowling, Clark, hasnt got the best cutter, and finds a little more swing than Glenn Mcgrath.

The thing with McGrath was that he was always able to find 'something' in the pitch, Clark is a good test match bowler but I don't think he'll do that great in the shorter forms of the game.

He was ok at Hampshire, not seen much of the bloke in ODI, i mean, a tourniment doesnt make a bloke does it?

I think this tourniment will test everyones strength, be it batsmen, or bowlers.

Back