possible changes for 2009/10 season

Kev Davis

possible changes for 2009/10 season

Well we all know about the divisional restructure and points system introduced, i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as what can be changed onfield this season.

one i would like to see is coloured tops in one dayers, most clubs have coloured polo shirts and could use these to save money on buying new ones.

i am interested in seeing what suggestions are thrwn out there.

Re: possible changes for 2009/10 season

agree'd ..coloured tops and white balls for 1 day games. possibly even numbers and names on said coloured tops.

subbies are doing it and premier and using full coloured kits, so why not. as you said most clubs have coloured polo shirts which would suffice.

the whole number thing isn't such a bad idea for both coloured and white shirts as it would aid the scorers in identifying players. captains would need to submit numbers with their team sheet, this would make life easier as the captain wouldn't have to go through the books after the game trying to figure out who did what, and it would be less likely that runs end up going to the non striker by mistake.

DizzyGillepsie;355824 said:
agree'd ..coloured tops and white balls for 1 day games. possibly even numbers and names on said coloured tops.

subbies are doing it and premier and using full coloured kits, so why not. as you said most clubs have coloured polo shirts which would suffice.

the whole number thing isn't such a bad idea for both coloured and white shirts as it would aid the scorers in identifying players. captains would need to submit numbers with their team sheet, this would make life easier as the captain wouldn't have to go through the books after the game trying to figure out who did what, and it would be less likely that runs end up going to the non striker by mistake.

Coloured tops for all games for mine. Sydney Grade cricket does it. Looks great. I would make it optional to start with, most clubs would join in pretty quick. Only concern would be dark colours with the red ball. Presumably tops would have to be submitted for approval. Numbers would be good, but some clubs do have quite a high turnover of firsts players in any one year.

Would this just apply for 1st XI matches?

I think at the very least there has to be bowling restrictions in one day matches. One guy bowling from one end is a joke. Fielding restrictions are needed to. Not fair that a side can bat first, post a score, then just flood the field back and stop the boundaries. All this does is create unimaginative captaincy. And I don't blame captains for doing it, anything within the rules to get a win. Lets just take this option away from them. I'm positive it's not that hard to mark out an inner circle.

Need a mid week T20 League as quick as possible, need to get on the coat tails of this great new venture. Split into South and North so the travel factor isnt a worry.

southern sledge;355862 said:
Clubs that have council curators would struggle to get pitches up during the week

why not include them in the fixture or play them midweek on synthetic

southern sledge;359494 said:
As clubs are struggling for cash now, this for some clubs would be an extra burden

i hear what your saying sledge, but dont most clubs already have coloured polo tops?

a posibility is do what most of the district clubs in tassie do, players are issued with a 'one day' top but the cost is added to the fees.

thus making fees instead of $250, they become $290 this is a good deal compared to perth cricket club in the WACA comp whos fees are $700 Plus extras.

there would be no extra expenses for balls, red or white they cost the same and your replacing a red ball with a white ball.

are you guys all kidding . lets not worry about colored balls and colored tops , 20 20 games . The people in charge of this comp are a joke , giving into pressure from clubs that are not smart enough to have people in charge that cant afford or have the smarts to make there club or this comp better .

lets start from the top , the new points rule is an absolute joke . yes my club is effected and its wrong we are now turning away players who we can not fit in our points system , players who now are going to play either subbies or a lower standard . so our comp is loosing players why are we not trying to make our comp the 2nd best behind district cricket . If the clubs that have the pulling power are good enough to get the players to there clubs why should they be forced to turn them away . the clubs that have been the instorgators { or sooks } in getting this points system in place should be held accountable . boys you should start looking in your own back yard before you start trying to catch up to other clubs .

then we can talk about the debarcle of last years affidavit { hope i spelt that right } episode . for the life of me who is running this comp the guys in charge or the clubs { sooks } that will never be as good as the top 4 sides , one minute people had to sign them then they didnt , you were made the laughing stock of the whole of cricket victoria .

any way would love to here your opinions fellas look forward to your response .

Stinkyplayer - you have baited the hook and I can't resist taking a bite. My club is one the "sooks" as you refer to us who can't affor $107K to go and and buy a side that wins a premiership and then finishes runner-up to a club backed by a pokies venue. I am certain that the return on investment for the money paid to players is well worth it. I mean sponsors must be falling over themselves to get on board at YCCC and AWSTCCC and their merchandise must be running out the door.
On a serious note, if the people / companies providing such vast sums of money to these clubs can't think of something better to do with their money I feel sorry for them. I think the VTCA have been reactive but at least they are listening, perhaps your club and the other paid up clubs could create your own competition and leave the rest of us to enjoy our park cricket for what it should be.

hey gib thanks for the responce and i even enjoyed your attempt at sarcasim . i had to pick my self up off the ground it was that funny . lol .

two points to your comments . no one said anything about money did they and while we are on that subject , whos fault is it that your club was not smart enough to put them selfs in the position that the two clubs you mentioned have . i admire the position they are in . i think its up to everyone else to catch up .

secondly does your club or anyone elses club in the v.t.c.a really want to be known as "park cricketers ". im sure everyone involved in the comp would prefer to be known as the second best comp behind district in victoria . if any one thinks other wise please dont hesitate to comment . gib , in this day and age how many clubs are struggling to get all there sides together how many clubs are loosing sides every year and we are now turning players away because of a points system . one last thing and be as honest as you can how many different clubs have had to turn away players , my club has had 4 already .

stinky

I tell you what Stinky, most clubs will be better off with the points system, in 2 or 3 years it will even up the comp, give it a chance the season hasn't even started.
As for where we rank in Victoria, i believe we are the second best as Subbies is a dead comp, no promotion or relegation, clubs just sitting down the bottom of the ladder every year collecting their $19,000 from CV what a joke that is.
If you have to turn players away at Albion you must be close to the mark on points, promote your own and move forward.

i think you will find that the only reason the points system came in. Is cause of teams paying more than the 2 player's they were aloud 2.

This is the only way the comp can control what teams can do.

good or bad time will tell, but you are the only club i have heard of that has had 2 turn players away.

Clubs that were doing the right thing before will have money in the bank to spend on players which should even out the comp a bit more.

As i said i'm still not sure on the new points system, i think there will be teething problems, but my club will be right. Heaps of points to play with

Turning players away implies that a club (or should I see 1's team) is only interested in the 1's and players will spit the dummy if they get dropped. Increasing depth can only be good for your club and will help raise the standard of the 2's and avoid this problem. I played Senior 2nd's last year and came up against some pretty handy players and, surprise, surprise, the stronger clubs also had the better 2's teams and they seemed to enjoy their cricket more! Maybe Albion should think like a club instead of turning players away.

At worst the points system might limit selection options on some occasions. I am optimistic that on balance it will be positive for the competition.

hey lads like the feed back but i do have to get one thing straight im not from albion .c.c as it says , i have no idea how that got there but if you did read my earlier post it says that im from a senior club that has been effected .

I think that the top clubs are being unfairly treated here i say good luck to them if they have more than one pro playing for them its up to other clubs to catch them not the comp to bring the top clubs down [ not meaning to be rude there fellas ] i will say again dont we want our comp to be the stand out behind district . good luck to Airport west , Yarraville Club , South Caulfield , Royal park and the likes who have obviously worked hard over the years to make there club so sucessfull its a pity that the clubs who have not done the hard yards are now the ones whinging about being fair .

its a bit like murali , lets change the rules as we go . hope the comp went to the same west australian university as he did to check his bowling action , they said he bowled with a straight arm they also cleared elton john of being straight.

stinky

Stinky do you play at Albion? I know it says it on your profile, but if you have a look at Albions playing list from the last few years, unless they have recruited a shite load of players I doubt they would be turning anyone away - They would be closer to folding!
Jury is out on the points system and I think only time will tell if it has an effect. Guess everyone may have to hold there breath for a few seasons!

[secondly does your club or anyone elses club in the v.t.c.a really want to be known as "park cricketers ". im sure everyone involved in the comp would prefer to be known as the second best comp behind district in victoria . if any one thinks other wise please dont hesitate to comment . gib , in this day and age how many clubs are struggling to get all there sides together how many clubs are loosing sides every year and we are now turning players away because of a points system . one last thing and be as honest as you can how many different clubs have had to turn away players , my club has had 4 already .

stinky[/QUOTE]

Mate whether you like it or not, most blokes in district circles refer to our level of cricket as park cricket. I dont think its meant to be disrespectful. It is what it is mate.

stinkyplayer;359830 said:
are you guys all kidding . lets not worry about colored balls and colored tops , 20 20 games . The people in charge of this comp are a joke , giving into pressure from clubs that are not smart enough to have people in charge that cant afford or have the smarts to make there club or this comp better .

lets start from the top , the new points rule is an absolute joke . yes my club is effected and its wrong we are now turning away players who we can not fit in our points system , players who now are going to play either subbies or a lower standard . so our comp is loosing players why are we not trying to make our comp the 2nd best behind district cricket . If the clubs that have the pulling power are good enough to get the players to there clubs why should they be forced to turn them away . the clubs that have been the instorgators { or sooks } in getting this points system in place should be held accountable . boys you should start looking in your own back yard before you start trying to catch up to other clubs .

then we can talk about the debarcle of last years affidavit { hope i spelt that right } episode . for the life of me who is running this comp the guys in charge or the clubs { sooks } that will never be as good as the top 4 sides , one minute people had to sign them then they didnt , you were made the laughing stock of the whole of cricket victoria .

any way would love to here your opinions fellas look forward to your response .

Interesting ideas u have. You say your clubs senior positions are given to the people with the most cash to splash, not the best people to run the clubs. Do u need a list of local football and cricket clubs that have gone out of existence using this great method. The money dries up eventually and clubs with no structures collapse as the fly by night players piss off to the next club willing to pay there price.

If your club has been unable to recruit the last 4 players u wanted best thing to do is sack the imbeciles who signed the rest of your 1st x1, as they must have gone early and signed blokes not worthy of a place in your esteemed
1st x1. And really, is your club so "special" that these blokes u have turned away wont go to another VTCA club, only to subbies or a lower standard. Get over yourself, if they want to play in Senior Div in the VTCA yours isn't the only club recruiting and if yours is the only club willing to pay their asking price well their only in it for the money and not worth a pinch of shit to the rest of us anyway.

As for the points system, its the only enforcable "cap" 99% of all sporting associations can have. An auditable/enforcable (is that a word) set of financials are just not available from local sporting clubs, and who is going to pay for a full time auditor to visit each club and ensure the rules are being followed. And if an enforcable cap is good enough for competitions like the AFL, VTCA clubs should have little to argue about. If your club (like most) didn't break the 2 paid player rule, the points system wouldn't be required, but the chances of successfully monitoring the old 2 paid player rule are nil.

I believe the affidavid's were used as part of this years points system, signed documentation kept by the comp as a starting point for existing profile players. If your club/players had a problem signing them, u can see why the old 2 paid player rule didn't work.

And finally if your not from Albion as u have listed where do u play. Dont be ashamed of your club, and dont hide behind a name that no one will know u by. Your opinion is as right or wrong as everyone else on this forum. Put some credibility to your statements, a real name, a real club. If u truly believe the crap u wrote u wont be embarresed by what u said.

Jika - Williamstown CYMS

Back