possible changes for 2009/10 season

Re: possible changes for 2009/10 season

hey jika got a couple of questions for you mate

1- why did you guys leave the willi comp was it because you could never win a grand final " out of how mant attempts " got a bit to hard for you did it or was it you guys were plain scared of g.u . you poor buggers must be mentally scarred from that hey . lol . one guy was that scared he wouldnt go out and bat and he got timed out . hahahahahahahahahaha . and you have the gall to attack someone elses integrity . please

2- you ask me to name myself but have you brother , no your jika jika .

before all you guys worry about the better teams , worry about your own clubs . maybe the teams out of the top 4 could all merge and try to beat us top teams " give every one a chance " . trust me our club will never run out of money .

love always stinky

jika jika;360118 said:
Interesting ideas u have. You say your clubs senior positions are given to the people with the most cash to splash, not the best people to run the clubs. Do u need a list of local football and cricket clubs that have gone out of existence using this great method. The money dries up eventually and clubs with no structures collapse as the fly by night players piss off to the next club willing to pay there price.

If your club has been unable to recruit the last 4 players u wanted best thing to do is sack the imbeciles who signed the rest of your 1st x1, as they must have gone early and signed blokes not worthy of a place in your esteemed
1st x1. And really, is your club so "special" that these blokes u have turned away wont go to another VTCA club, only to subbies or a lower standard. Get over yourself, if they want to play in Senior Div in the VTCA yours isn't the only club recruiting and if yours is the only club willing to pay their asking price well their only in it for the money and not worth a pinch of shit to the rest of us anyway.

As for the points system, its the only enforcable "cap" 99% of all sporting associations can have. An auditable/enforcable (is that a word) set of financials are just not available from local sporting clubs, and who is going to pay for a full time auditor to visit each club and ensure the rules are being followed. And if an enforcable cap is good enough for competitions like the AFL, VTCA clubs should have little to argue about. If your club (like most) didn't break the 2 paid player rule, the points system wouldn't be required, but the chances of successfully monitoring the old 2 paid player rule are nil.

I believe the affidavid's were used as part of this years points system, signed documentation kept by the comp as a starting point for existing profile players. If your club/players had a problem signing them, u can see why the old 2 paid player rule didn't work.

And finally if your not from Albion as u have listed where do u play. Dont be ashamed of your club, and dont hide behind a name that no one will know u by. Your opinion is as right or wrong as everyone else on this forum. Put some credibility to your statements, a real name, a real club. If u truly believe the crap u wrote u wont be embarresed by what u said.

Jika - Williamstown CYMS

good post

Speaking of Grand United, is there any chance of 'em coming over to the VTCA. Would VTCA accept 'em given their unsporting reputation forged in the old Sunshine comp and now the Willi comp. having said that they are successful and given how willi cums got promoted via NTH B,A+ Sen A. GU with their onfield strenth would go allright. Behaviour is another issue.

ROY G BIV;360328 said:
Speaking of Grand United, is there any chance of 'em coming over to the VTCA. Would VTCA accept 'em given their unsporting reputation forged in the old Sunshine comp and now the Willi comp. having said that they are successful and given how willi cums got promoted via NTH B,A+ Sen A. GU with their onfield strenth would go allright. Behaviour is another issue.

Unsporting reputation in the Willy comp???
I have played against GU since they joined our comp 10 years ago & do not find this true.

I can't comment on the days in SCA,but they are a very well run club & play their cricket very hard on the field & are great blokes off it.

I'm sure in recent years GU would have done very well in the VTCA.....as willy cy's have done a fantastic job to get where they are(Sen Div), I think they are a good comparision.

stinkyplayer;360037 said:
hey lads like the feed back but i do have to get one thing straight im not from albion .c.c as it says , i have no idea how that got there but if you did read my earlier post it says that im from a senior club that has been effected .

I think that the top clubs are being unfairly treated here i say good luck to them if they have more than one pro playing for them its up to other clubs to catch them not the comp to bring the top clubs down [ not meaning to be rude there fellas ] i will say again dont we want our comp to be the stand out behind district . good luck to Airport west , Yarraville Club , South Caulfield , Royal park and the likes who have obviously worked hard over the years to make there club so sucessfull its a pity that the clubs who have not done the hard yards are now the ones whinging about being fair .

its a bit like murali , lets change the rules as we go . hope the comp went to the same west australian university as he did to check his bowling action , they said he bowled with a straight arm they also cleared elton john of being straight.

stinky
Just to let everyone know Stinkyplayer is also known as Rubble and Altonanorthlegend, goodbye to all three. Multible accounts are not allowed and anyone on them will be outed.

if he was from Altona North they have either invested heavily in the off season in players or they were seriously kidding themselves last season.I probably think he was just full off it though.

underarm bowler;360450 said:
if he was from Altona North they have either invested heavily in the off season in players or they were seriously kidding themselves last season.I probably think he was just full off it though.

i dont think he is from altona north he wouldnt of been saying that i guess but who knows just tell us who u are stinky player because you are coughing up some serious poo

also i dont think we would be turning players away because most people at are club have been there a while.

southern sledge;360429 said:
Just to let everyone know Stinkyplayer is also known as Rubble and Altonanorthlegend, goodbye to all three. Multible accounts are not allowed and anyone on them will be outed.

That's shame, at least on one of his accounts he was entertaining. Rubble and his dim sim eating was also quite funny.

Any thoughts on the proposed one day rule changes? Bowling restrictions - 8 overs and fielding restrictions? Our clubs feels that the fielding restrictions will be difficult to enforce in the lower grade without umpires but agree with the bowling restiction except when a 2 day game is changed to a one-dayer. As for the no more than 2 fielders behind square, well I thought we already played under that rule regardless? If only we had a quick bowler and bouncy wicket...

gib;360912 said:
That's shame, at least on one of his accounts he was entertaining. Rubble and his dim sim eating was also quite funny.

Any thoughts on the proposed one day rule changes? Bowling restrictions - 8 overs and fielding restrictions? Our clubs feels that the fielding restrictions will be difficult to enforce in the lower grade without umpires but agree with the bowling restiction except when a 2 day game is changed to a one-dayer. As for the no more than 2 fielders behind square, well I thought we already played under that rule regardless? If only we had a quick bowler and bouncy wicket...

Our club is going the same way. Fielding restrictions to hard to inforce but we are in agreement with the bowling restrictions

hey southern sledge no i am not rubble and as i have said in a few emails that i have shared with mas combios before yes i had two accounts altona north legend was barred for some reason 'which was never explained to me'. stinky player is another i started when anl was barred so any time you wish to appoligise to me i willthink about accepting it . maybe if you two guys run this thing you need to start talking to each other a bit more instead of running off at the mouth.

stinky player

gib;360912 said:

Hey gib, i forgot you weren't the to see my express pace against rpbcc and as for the bouncy wicket, spoke to adam contessa the other day and he said his ears are still ringing.

oh sorry you meant true bounce, not popping off a length

stinkyplayer;359905 said:
hey gib thanks for the responce and i even enjoyed your attempt at sarcasim . i had to pick my self up off the ground it was that funny . lol .

two points to your comments . no one said anything about money did they and while we are on that subject , whos fault is it that your club was not smart enough to put them selfs in the position that the two clubs you mentioned have . i admire the position they are in . i think its up to everyone else to catch up .

secondly does your club or anyone elses club in the v.t.c.a really want to be known as "park cricketers ". im sure everyone involved in the comp would prefer to be known as the second best comp behind district in victoria . if any one thinks other wise please dont hesitate to comment . gib , in this day and age how many clubs are struggling to get all there sides together how many clubs are loosing sides every year and we are now turning players away because of a points system . one last thing and be as honest as you can how many different clubs have had to turn away players , my club has had 4 already .

stinky

Stinky...if you can tell me the last player to play VTCA cricket to go on and play for Australia and name someone who has been selected for Victoria via a VTCA Club not throu a Premier club, i will hand over my first born child!

VTCA is Park cricket and is a comp where ex-Premier, State and even Australian players - I played against Yallopp when he was at Mordi - he was 108 y.o. but good expereince as a kid... players pass on their knowledge and expereince to the kids coming throu or even learn their trade as a coach...as they start their decline or lack the commitment to play Premier and chase an easy $$... VTCA is not a feeder to Domestic or international stars.. except Chris Lewis when we played against him back in mid 90s, he got called up for England... but thats for another post...

I would love to do an experiment... remove pokies from YCCC and see how long they last - cos i'm tipping the blokes arent play there for the sourrounds - "hows the sarenity?" glass in the car park..factory's blowing toxic dust... *note: the wicket is a belter!!

Anyway - enjoy Albion, Altona or where ever...send some of your throw backs down to the south-east side of the bay.

Qball;378403 said:
Stinky...if you can tell me the last player to play VTCA cricket to go on and play for Australia and name someone who has been selected for Victoria via a VTCA Club not throu a Premier club, i will hand over my first born child!

VTCA is Park cricket and is a comp where ex-Premier, State and even Australian players - I played against Yallopp when he was at Mordi - he was 108 y.o. but good expereince as a kid... players pass on their knowledge and expereince to the kids coming throu or even learn their trade as a coach...as they start their decline or lack the commitment to play Premier and chase an easy $$... VTCA is not a feeder to Domestic or international stars.. except Chris Lewis when we played against him back in mid 90s, he got called up for England... but thats for another post...

I would love to do an experiment... remove pokies from YCCC and see how long they last - cos i'm tipping the blokes arent play there for the sourrounds - "hows the sarenity?" glass in the car park..factory's blowing toxic dust... *note: the wicket is a belter!!

Anyway - enjoy Albion, Altona or where ever...send some of your throw backs down to the south-east side of the bay.

Well put Qball... Have thought for a while there are a few self-important delusional types on here who forget who/what the VTCA exists for...

The VTCA is for PARK CRICKETERS. Period.

Southern Son;378439 said:
Well put Qball... Have thought for a while there are a few self-important delusional types on here who forget who/what the VTCA exists for...

The VTCA is for PARK CRICKETERS. Period.

If you think that the VTCA is "park cricket" you really need to get out and have a look at some other comps.

Mercantile is an embarrasing standard. Sth Yarra won one game in 2 yrs of South B and are in the 4 this year. Other top division sides include 3s and 4s of VTCA sides.
CMCA is synthetic. Cant be considered anything more than a social comp playing on a surface designed for underage kids cricket.
Sub-District. From what is evident on most saturdays the standard is no higher than Senior Division. Granted there are some very good sides, but sides like Ormond wouldnt even beat South division sides Bentleigh, Beaumauris or Port Melb. And lets not forget the huge free cheque that they get every year. And lets not forget that Subbies wont take the challenge and play a comp rep game.

You might be loosing sight of the amount of juniors that leave the VTCA for Premier Clubs. Certainly happens in the North, can only presume the same happens in the South...!

First XI cricket in all 7 divisions of the VTCA features some very good cricketters, maybe you havent got high enough to experience it....

Whilst obviously not international, state or Premier cricket....VTCA is far from "Park Cricket".

Not Just Empty Words;378678 said:
If you think that the VTCA is "park cricket" you really need to get out and have a look at some other comps.

Mercantile is an embarrasing standard. Sth Yarra won one game in 2 yrs of South B and are in the 4 this year. Other top division sides include 3s and 4s of VTCA sides.
CMCA is synthetic. Cant be considered anything more than a social comp playing on a surface designed for underage kids cricket.
Sub-District. From what is evident on most saturdays the standard is no higher than Senior Division. Granted there are some very good sides, but sides like Ormond wouldnt even beat South division sides Bentleigh, Beaumauris or Port Melb. And lets not forget the huge free cheque that they get every year. And lets not forget that Subbies wont take the challenge and play a comp rep game.

You might be loosing sight of the amount of juniors that leave the VTCA for Premier Clubs. Certainly happens in the North, can only presume the same happens in the South...!

First XI cricket in all 7 divisions of the VTCA features some very good cricketters, maybe you havent got high enough to experience it....

Whilst obviously not international, state or Premier cricket....VTCA is far from "Park Cricket".

Here here!

ImpartialOnlooker;379195 said:
Here here!
Well will someone please put in a fence at Dendy Park! So could we say good quality park cricket then on turf?

gib;379866 said:
Well will someone please put in a fence at Dendy Park! So could we say good quality park cricket then on turf?

Don't be so sexest Gib - keepingthe ladies from the mens... you may have to use red cones and white cones to mark the ground like Golf!

And to the people earlier re park cricket - yes i have got high enough to expereince it. Dont get me wrong the quality is good and in some sides great.. but on the basis of $$ the good players get taken - rightly at any early age to Premier. lets not get too far ahead of ourselves thou!

Back