Post Pictures of your Kit!

mas cambios

Post Pictures of your Kit!

Seeing as we all like to boast about kit and what bat we have I'd thought I'd start the usual 'what kit do you have' thread.

So come on and post up your kit!

bosom.gif

Pads to follow, if I can find them and my camera.

Re: Post Pictures of your Kit!

Thanks A_A! Spoilt myself for Xmas and got me this. Basically done with the prep work on it and taking it out to the nets for the first time today. :) Will let you know how it went!

Although I can't them that clearly, I reckon two of those bats would sand up very nicely and probably sell on e-bay for £25 - £40 each.

Don't know how much you paid for all that kit but I wish I had that many spare cricket balls lying around!

The thing is I can't bat, so there's all those bats and I haven't got a clue which ones "Best". The most expensive one when new I think was the Stac Classic and it's quite heavy with only 6-7 grains, not sure if it's real willow or the Mickey Mouse stuff? But the bat I like best is the fake MRF, it's light and feels good in the hand.

It's the balls I'm obsessed with as you can see - I'd love 6 of those £60 Kookaburra balls they use in test matches. Would it make a difference to my bowling I wonder? (Some how doubt it) :D

I reckon the whole lot cost in the region of £200. Most of the gear was picked up on ebay 2nd hand for £70 and that's all the bats, pads, gloves. The most expensive new single item was the fake MRF bat that was £30. 90% of the balls have been new but bought as sets of 12 they've generally worked out less than £2.50 each but most of them you wouldn't want to hit with a good bat, but as you know I use them to bowl with - throw 48 up one end and then back again adinfintum until my rotator cuff dies!

That's what I'm looking for, about 30 or so balls, just to bowl, before having to go fetch. £2.50 per ball isn't that bad at all.

The Kook test balls are strange - they feel very light (well they do to me). Look nice though.

The Stac is more than likely real, as is the Fearnly - agree that the MRF is fake (well Kashmir) but if it feels nice then whats the worry :laugh:.

Yeah the bloke who sold me -

4 bats (including the Fearnley)
1 x pair of cricket spikes (branded)
1 x Wicket keeper gloves virtually brand new
1 x pair Batsmans gloves
1 x Gunn & Moore wheelie bag
2 x used but good quality balls
1 x Forearm guard
1 x Hip guard
1 x Leg pads (branded)

for £40 said the Fearnley was £119 new or something similar.

How much kit do you own! Nice one, must have been a real bargin there.

Also, nice kook earlier in the thread.

Attached is a pic of my bat when it was new. I had it made up blank and added the County stickers (a friend brought them abck fro me.

Yeah it was all bought by me mainly through 2 big purchases. One lot was through a bloke who was selling it as part of an office clearout - he was interested in the furniture and the cricket gear was obviously the office teams gear. I can't remember how it was listed on ebay, but no-one else bidded and I got the lot for £28!

That sale included -
4 x pairs batting gloves
4 x Leg pads
1 x wicket keeper pads
1 x wicket keeper gloves
The Stac bat
Set of stumps
A stac bag (not shown)
A couple of balls

The only stuff I've ever bought new have been cricket shoes which were cheap off ebay £20. Loads of balls - I think I've got 36 balls (A big bucket full). And the fake MRF bat. Everything else was cheap or ridiculously cheap.

As I said this isn't all of it, there's a few bits more.

What I'm using, a nice Laver and Wood, love the ball marks

All that kit above makes me jealous, im going to have to scour ebay for bargins i think!

There's currently 4 lots of gear on there at the moment some of it is way over-priced and wont sell. Bide your time and do searches using "Cricket equipment" and "Cricket Gear" eventually you'll come across a good deal. It's usually best around Sept through to Dec when you get the blokes that have decided they want to play cricket and have tried it for a season and have then not been able to commit the time to it or have copped a fast one to the body and decided that's enough. They bung it on ebay and you pick it up on the cheap in good nick as it's only had one seasons use. I think at the moment there's a load of Kookaburra gear on there and the bloke openly admits he was a mug buying it all, trying to make himself look like a pro with all the same brand gear. Check it out and have a look.

Another thing I always do is negotiate picking the gear up myself rather than pay the post. It often means I wont collect it till months after paying for it cos I always say - "Do you mind if I pick this up when I'm in the area next - it might be some weeks"? Then I wait until I'm in the area or someone I know is in the area and I get them to collect it for me. Usually they don't mind hanging on to it as long as you stay in touch and email them once a fortnight or something.

Back