makka 3 for not many

scotch
most batsmen where retired
jamma 30 odd
clayton 60 off about 30 balls
all there bwolers bowled absalute poo

scotch have IGS on saturday then wesley on the long weekend

Re: pracy matches?

i go to wesley and we have 1 this weekend.

i know someone who goes to XAVIER and they have had 2 practice matches.

first one was an intraclub

goss made 70 something, some spinner took 4 fa, mcgorian took none fa which was surprise

then this week one played at yarra valley and one at xavier against pegs

the one against Yarra they LOST. Cross made 50, and few others 30 odd, but WILL RYAN took 7 wickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 bowling spin i think.

then the one at xavier.......

goss made 70 or something again, and MCGORIAN took 2 wickets (rumors he is quick this year) and grigg made 60 something and they SMASHED pegs. wikets, i dunno who got em, but thats about it

they'll be good this year.

us wesley will be ******** as usual, although hope we can go alright. win a few games

Chopra7;186380 said:
i go to wesley and we have 1 this weekend.

us wesley will be ******** as usual, although hope we can go alright. win a few games

Any new blood coming into the Wesley side, or on the horizon?

Interesting to see scotch won. What was their final score???

Ive heard rumours that m clayton didnt get captain or vice and is contemplating quitting cricket for scotch, but with him playing on the weekend that seems unlikely. Can anyone confirm??????

scotch's final score wa sbaout 200

yea thst true clayton didnt get captain or vice captain
captain is grosse and vc is J mcmillan

and no he isnt quiting cricket he was contumplaiting it though should be a interesting year down at scotch

scotch played IGS today
scotch lost the toss on a damp pitch and were sent in
were struggling at 4 for 14 (lost 4 wickets in 4 balls)
ended up on 215 off 50
clayton 119
sinclar 30
others chimed in with 10's

IGS 170 odd of 50 overs
opener made 40
knone else coould bat all spatsics
muttdon 5 fa
wickets shared

scotch came away with a good win after being 4 for no tmany
clayton captained obviously not the bad ass you think he is
watch out for scotch this year they are the 'giant killers'
carn the cardinal gold and blue!

Carey 9/123 off 50 overs defeated by Brighton 8/135ish off 50 overs.
Carey struggled with the new ball and the deck moving around a bit early. Carey should have won this game if they hadnt of bowled 30 extras.
Although these scores look very low, the ground was very lush and hard to score on.
Standout Performances - Parker 3/13 off 9 overs (CAREY)

JAFRO2006;188426 said:
Will carey be good this yr? Any stand out players??

Thanks

apparently shouldnt be too bad. especially after christmas after they get loe loorhem or watever his name is. its a joke if they are getting him on a scholarship

Sharkies;188428 said:
apparently shouldnt be too bad. especially after christmas after they get loe loorhem or watever his name is. its a joke if they are getting him on a scholarship

I have just moved over here from the UK and all i hav heard is about schools buyin in players for their teams. This is a stupid system as is deprives kids who hav worked ther way up the school from getting the honour to play for the first team. This doesnt happen in the UK and I feel the team spirit is alot better as players grow up playin together. It should be stoped. I know for a fact that Wesley hasnt bought one cricketer in on scholarship and shouldd do pretty well this yr but no doubt will be beaten by a school that buys their players.

JAFRO2006;188431 said:
I have just moved over here from the UK and all i hav heard is about schools buyin in players for their teams. This is a stupid system as is deprives kids who hav worked ther way up the school from getting the honour to play for the first team. This doesnt happen in the UK and I feel the team spirit is alot better as players grow up playin together. It should be stoped. I know for a fact that Wesley hasnt bought one cricketer in on scholarship and should do pretty well this yr but no doubt will be beaten by a school that buys ther players.

agreed. scotch doesnt have a scholarship kid either. its just dissapointing to see that sides that hav guys in it that hav been at the school since yr 7 now have no chance.

You cant win the aps premiership unless you buy players. its not good.

Agreed i hope a team without buying players can win the APS this yr to show the schools that do. I personally feel Wesley hav a huge chance with a dynamic top 6 this year and a solid bowlin line up.

Haileybury Vs. MGS

Haileybry won the toss and sent mgs in to bat.

Mgs lost to early wickets and looked in some early trouble losing thomas and payne, however shaw and keath put together a strong partnership until both went out trying to push the score along. gooley and voyage then added to the total late in the innings to guide mgs to a very good total of 252 on a wet, luscious outfield.

Mgs - 6/252, shaw (77) keath (65) gooley (56 off about 30), haileybry bowlers sharing wickets getting one each across the board.

Hailebury never looked good, losing a wicket in the first over of the game. M. wilson continued to devastate beating the bat on many occasions, getting a second wicket with the last ball of his spell. louis cameron troubled with his pace and swing but didnt get a wicket. Hailebury were still in a position to win at 2 for 50 and when r. wakefield came in he proceeded to push the score along quickly. howver j.bett and voyage combined well destroying the haileybury batsmen, in the end bowling haileybiry out for 133.

Haileybuiry 10/133, no standouts with the bat, wilson (2-15), voyage (2-12), bett (3-30) land (1 for) trotter (1 for)

All in all mgs smashed haileybury

Sharkies;188434 said:
agreed. scotch doesnt hav a scholarship kid either. its just dissapointing to see that sides that hav guys in it that hav been at the school since yr 7 now hav no chance.

You cant win the aps premiership unless you buy players. its not good.
People forget that sides like carey, caulfield, wesley etc have girls. Therefore they have half as many guys to pick a cricket team out of which would usually mean half as much talent. For teams like these it is essential to reward talented people scholarships to make these schools competitive. Btw, scotch not giving scholarships is bull********. What about all there aboriginal football players. Did they just happen to be good at footy did they?

Caulfield has 2 campuses whilst HC and Wesley have 3. They each have larger pools to choose from than the single campus schools. Scotch and Xavier have similar numbers and Mgs a few less. St K and BGShave much smaller pools. I am not sure about Carey. The Geelong schools are coed and probably have smaller pools. All schools except Xavier as far as I can see have sports scholars in their teams this year. So what. It is the depth that counts unless you have 11!

smoking;188526 said:
Caulfield has 2 campuses whilst HC and Wesley have 3. They each have larger pools to choose from than the single campus schools. Scotch and Xavier have similar numbers and Mgs a few less. St K and BGShave much smaller pools. I am not sure about Carey. The Geelong schools are coed and probably have smaller pools. All schools except Xavier as far as I can see have sports scholars in their teams this year. So what. It is the depth that counts unless you have 11!

U say Wesley have 3 campuses but one is only upto middle school so they only reli hav 2 campuses. Also i am pretty sure Wesley dont have any scholarship players specific to cricket.

yeh i totally agree, im also new to the aps system and it seems to me a bit of a joke that you can only win the comp if you buy in the majority of your team! in my opinion thats not what school cricket is about! yes you want to have the best team possible, but that shouldnt become about by buying in players on scholarship! school cricket should be about, giving players who have represented their school from juniors upwards the chance to play in their school's prestigious 1st XI.

coudlnt the aps authorities do something about this, maybe limit the number of scholarship players per team to 2. this would help even out the system and not make the comp bias to any side.

its just a suggestion!

smoking;188526 said:

i am telling you now scotch do not hav 1 scholarship kid in their side this yr.

Back