Pravin Tambe

Well his has been an incredible journey. Truly a wonderful example to older passionate cricketers.
He started as a medium pacer and hence isn't a conventional leg-spinner. He is quick thorough the air and relies more on drift, accuracy. Doesn't turn the ball much but makes up by varying his length. Although he is a good bowler in T20's, where batsmen are after quick runs, he was'nt successful at First class level when called up by Mumbai.

Well his has been an incredible journey. Truly a wonderful example to older passionate cricketers.
He started as a medium pacer and hence isn't a conventional leg-spinner. He is quick thorough the air and relies more on drift, accuracy. Doesn't turn the ball much but makes up by varying his length. Although he is a good bowler in T20's, where batsmen are after quick runs, he was'nt successful at First class level when called up by Mumbai.
I'll keep an eye out for him and check out the videos at some point. I saw him interviewed yesterday and he seemed genuinely excited and rightly so given his rise to this level.

This could only happen in Spin Bowling! http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/587152.html somehow I missed this bloke, just watching the RR's now, can't wait to see him in action and as they're all saying about him, what a bloke and what an example to any older bloke who fancies taking up the game!
I feel like working extremely hard on your spin bowling along with acquiring knowledge allows spinners to excel much quicker. I'm 21, kind of late bloomer, i've learned a lot of leg spin bowling over the last year and a half. I'm only seem to be getting better. Spinners can practice hours after hours by themselves while batsmen require another individual that must bowl to them very often and that individual must be good enough so the batsmen can improve. I witnessed the Canadian u-19 spinners and senior spinners practicing in the nets. I honestly felt that increasing my accuracy and increasing my speed by 10Km/h will make me better than them. I know that it is easier said than done. I know I must work on my legs and shoulders in the gym to improve my speed and I know I must put hours and hours early morning in the nets to get my accuracy right but I'm up for it. I was a highschool bench warmer in schools' indoor B team. I've gotten from there to here. I haven't gone much on the paper, but only I know how much I have improved. I know that Leg Spinners are rare, esp the ones who turn big, flights the ball and bowls accurately. I know that I can climb through the rankings quickly. Guys like Tambe are the motivation.

I feel like working extremely hard on your spin bowling along with acquiring knowledge allows spinners to excel much quicker. I'm 21, kind of late bloomer, i've learned a lot of leg spin bowling over the last year and a half. I'm only seem to be getting better. Spinners can practice hours after hours by themselves while batsmen require another individual that must bowl to them very often and that individual must be good enough so the batsmen can improve. I witnessed the Canadian u-19 spinners and senior spinners practicing in the nets. I honestly felt that increasing my accuracy and increasing my speed by 10Km/h will make me better than them. I know that it is easier said than done. I know I must work on my legs and shoulders in the gym to improve my speed and I know I must put hours and hours early morning in the nets to get my accuracy right but I'm up for it. I was a highschool bench warmer in schools' indoor B team. I've gotten from there to here. I haven't gone much on the paper, but only I know how much I have improved. I know that Leg Spinners are rare, esp the ones who turn big, flights the ball and bowls accurately. I know that I can climb through the rankings quickly. Guys like Tambe are the motivation.
Nice one mate, I like your ambition, it's good to see you on here and hopefully you'll be a regular and you'll keep us all updated and share all your trials and tribulations. Do you play for a club already and when's your season?

Nice one mate, I like your ambition, it's good to see you on here and hopefully you'll be a regular and you'll keep us all updated and share all your trials and tribulations. Do you play for a club already and when's your season?

Thanks Dave, I'll try to be here often as I can. Last year was my second club cricket season and I played 2nd division cricket here in a league (TDCA) in Toronto, Canada. The divisions here start from 5th till goes up to 1st, followed by Premiere and Elite. Majority of the Canadian players are selected from the Elite division. Elite division has ex WIndies players like Nagamooto, Devon Smith(not Dwayne), some SL FC cricketers, WI FC cricketers and etc. Last year I bowled with no knowledge of Top Spin, Slider, Flipper and I did't even use the seem properly. I was also taking couple of steps and just lobbing the ball(Philpott calls this "grenade lobbing"). I was also filled with only negative thoughts. My mind would tell me that sooner or later I was going to get smashed, even after picking up a wicket, my mind would say "you got lucky there bud". Over the offseason I built self confidence, understood spin bowling and I finally figured why there were some great people who kept telling me how "good" i was even when I was getting smashed. This year im playing in a different league with just 3 divisions because my old team was sold. I'm also trying to see if I can play in TDCA(the most competitive league among US and Canada) again. Our season starts this month and goes up till mid September.

Thanks Dave, I'll try to be here often as I can. Last year was my second club cricket season and I played 2nd division cricket here in a league (TDCA) in Toronto, Canada. The divisions here start from 5th till goes up to 1st, followed by Premiere and Elite. Majority of the Canadian players are selected from the Elite division. Elite division has ex WIndies players like Nagamooto, Devon Smith(not Dwayne), some SL FC cricketers, WI FC cricketers and etc. Last year I bowled with no knowledge of Top Spin, Slider, Flipper and I did't even use the seem properly. I was also taking couple of steps and just lobbing the ball(Philpott calls this "grenade lobbing"). I was also filled with only negative thoughts. My mind would tell me that sooner or later I was going to get smashed, even after picking up a wicket, my mind would say "you got lucky there bud". Over the offseason I built self confidence, understood spin bowling and I finally figured why there were some great people who kept telling me how "good" i was even when I was getting smashed. This year im playing in a different league with just 3 divisions because my old team was sold. I'm also trying to see if I can play in TDCA(the most competitive league among US and Canada) again. Our season starts this month and goes up till mid September.
Same as our season, we'll have to compare how we get on, my first game is this weekend coming if I get selected.

Back