Premier Cricket 2011/12

Well, the Hawks really have gone backwards with decisions like that from all reports. There will be a few blokes around the club who wont be happy about that particular decision. Will be very interesting to see how he controls the ego's of himself, Allayne and Sarna. Watch this space!!

Clearances posted on CV website. Looks correct. Entwistle captain, Sarna and Alleyne onboard and it looks like the entire 1st XI has left the club. Cookson, Bird, Hewat, Tormey, Hoogenboom, Karageorgiou, Henry have all left. Also clearances given to Rhys Adams and youngsters Taylor, Boxall and D Cookson. Petar Ivetic must be getting a sore hand from signing them all.

14 of the 26 clearances that have gone through involve Hawthorn so I imagine he is suffering from writers camp. Unbelievable - no club i can think of has so much upheaval every season. Beyond belief and will never ever be successful until there is some continuity.

Looks like North Melbourne will be a bit more competitive this year. Ghasperidis is a decent pick up, chuck in Love and you're starting to get the skeleton of a side there. Interesting to see Sturgess move from Northcote, esp. going to Carlton where I would have thought he'd find it harder to get a game.

Not long to go now, what are peoples predictions for the season ahead? Premiers, Wooden Spoon and Ryder Medal?

Alright, my ladder.

Geelong
Carlton
Fitzroy Doncaster
Prahran
Richmond
St Kilda
Melbourne
Dandenong

Casey Sth Melb
Footscray
Frankston
Ringwood
Camberwell
Melbourne Uni
Northcote
Essendon
North Melbourne
Hawthorn

Alright, my ladder.

Geelong
Carlton
Fitzroy Doncaster
Prahran
Richmond
St Kilda
Melbourne
Dandenong

Casey Sth Melb
Footscray
Frankston
Ringwood
Camberwell
Melbourne Uni
Northcote
Essendon
North Melbourne
Hawthorn

How can u not have frankston in the top 8??? rediculous they played off in the grand final and smashed geelong and st kilda on there way!!!!
some people have no idea!

Hawks are desperate...have recruited some talented youngsters, only one to watch is Liam Tonkin ex CMCC, alot to learn but with potential. Hawks need a complete overhall!

Looks like North Melbourne will be a bit more competitive this year. Ghasperidis is a decent pick up, chuck in Love and you're starting to get the skeleton of a side there. Interesting to see Sturgess move from Northcote, esp. going to Carlton where I would have thought he'd find it harder to get a game.
Nth Melb were not up to district standard!

Hawks are desperate...have recruited some talented youngsters, only one to watch is Liam Tonkin ex CMCC, alot to learn but with potential. Hawks need a complete overhall!

The Hawks have just had a complete overhaul. The entire 1st XI and coach have left and they are rebuilding around Alleyne, Sarna and Entwistle. Interesting choice.

Bryce Mcgain test debut is what u call getting raped on the cricket pitch, poor guy now he has lost his vic contract over a pie chucker... Brett Forysth has started the practice game with a duck, predictions on how many ducks he will score this year?

McGain still rather clearly is, judging on what he's done in the past few years when he has been playing for Prahran. You could probably throw a sheet over most of them after that, with Holland a bit ahead of the pack.

The pack consisting of Maxwell, Hart, Salpietro, McDonald, Sandri, O'Shea, King, Jones, Sturrock and Roberts, roughly in that order. Haven't seen enough of Smyth, Benbow to include.

Sandri is the new captain of North Melbourne lol, I think Hart should get given a go instead of Holland.. Mcgain only thing that going against him is his age

McGain still rather clearly is, judging on what he's done in the past few years when he has been playing for Prahran. You could probably throw a sheet over most of them after that, with Holland a bit ahead of the pack.

The pack consisting of Maxwell, Hart, Salpietro, McDonald, Sandri, O'Shea, King, Jones, Sturrock and Roberts, roughly in that order. Haven't seen enough of Smyth, Benbow to include.

No Clive Rose? McNamara possibly in there too

No Clive Rose? McNamara possibly in there too
Rose an oversight, all off the top of my head, haha. Probably put him in just before McDonald, although I think he's very one-dimensional in terms of higher honours. Quick, flat and accurate, will get wickets in Grade cricket but I don't see him being penetrative in 2nd XI stuff.

Roberts seems to have been ahead of McNamara down at Camberwell for the past couple of seasons, so I didn't include him.

Back