Real Cricket.

Bill_Skelton

Real Cricket.

When I gaze around the APS I am concerned about the growing number of Scholarship students making up the ranks of many 1st XI teams (see. Haileybury 07/08 team)

Since when has cricket been a game played by people who can't afford a private education?

Cricket is a fine institution, played by upper middle class white kids in recently cleaned whites, and the APS should reflect that (see. Isaunga Nainhabo.

The real cricket is in the seconds and it is really the only place to play serious, real cricket. A game of APS 2nd's cricket is played between students who have a genuine connection to the school, not just a year long "general excellence" scholarship that gives them a free ride into our great game.

That is why I have elected (see. dropped) to stay behind and play 2nd's all through the year, regardless of how many hundreds I make, regardless of how many people I clean bowl and regardless of how many extremely awesome gully catches I take whilst eating a sandwhich.

2nd's cricket is my element, there is less regulation as for as sledging and a much more relaxed additude, May I suggest that everyone who has been at there school for 4 or more years elects to stay down in the 2nd's so we can have some real hardcore x-rated school-on-school action?

~ Bill Skelton, Haileybury 2nd XI.

Re: Real Cricket.

Bill_Skelton;231370 said:
Since when has cricket been a game played by people who can't afford a private education?

You can not be serious, that is the most snobbish thing I've ever heard on BC

Re: Real Cricket.

YanYan;232519 said:
Why is he a tosser?

Everything Bill has said is completely true.

You are the tosser for disaggreeing.

very good point.

some schools in the aps dont even deal out scolarships and it really shows in the final standings after the season end.

geelong college 2 years ago almost won it without and scolarships at all, but failed to beat carey in the last game of the season

ah well.

Back