Replacement for McGrath

Glenn McGrath's replacement

• Total voters
Re: Replacement for McGrath

Brett Lee will come back in and shaun tait will stay even though he is crap

Shaun Tait crap?

:confused: okay

Stuart Clark will be the automatic replacement. Taity will be around. Brett Lee will obviously come back.

Hilfenhaus won't even rate a mention on the CA selection committee. As for Johnson...he'll be around, and it'll be good for Australian Cricket with him around.

Tait is crap bowls far to many bad balls to have him in a test side the batsman will just wait for the bad one they have more time in a test also hilffy should be around he is better then tait

Stupid poll.

Clark - The Replacement
Lee - Spearhead
Tait - The other guy
Hilfinhaus - Underrated, should be next.
Johnson - Piece of sh!t

will_85;156828 said:
Tait is crap bowls far to many bad balls to have him in a test side the batsman will just wait for the bad one they have more time in a test also hilffy should be around he is better then tait
With what you are saying I don't believe that he is crap. He just needs to find the right pace and the right rhythm and he will be a very good bowler.

hes crap thats what i think ok

but buy the looks of it ponting loves him so he will get a free ride like watson i wonder if watson would be in the team if flintoff didnt kill australia in the ashes over there ??

will_85;157761 said:
hes crap thats what i think ok

but buy the looks of it ponting loves him so he will get a free ride like watson i wonder if watson would be in the team if flintoff didnt kill australia in the ashes over there ??

Fine if that's the way how you feel. I was going to get the aussie cricketers to come and join up on here only for some moderator dishing it out to one of the Aussie fast bowlers.
I reckon that you are one very jealous boy. So jealous that you have to make stupid comments like that.

yeah cus there your freinds on myspace lmao jealous of what i can bowl wides to ! there are better bowlers out there that deserve a go

pidgeon fan;157789 said:
Fine if that's the way how you feel. I was going to get the aussie cricketers to come and join up on here only for some moderator dishing it out to one of the Aussie fast bowlers.
I reckon that you are one very jealous boy. So jealous that you have to make stupid comments like that.
Haha, you truly are a *********.

Ponting says fast men can appear in same attack

Batsmen beware - Lee and Tait may open

Cricinfo staff

May 4, 2007

Shaun Tait and Brett Lee could form an intimidating new-ball partnership after Ricky Ponting said they could both fit into the same side. Lee's ankle injury forced him out of the World Cup and allowed Tait the chance to come in and collect 23 wickets at 20.3.

The prospect of the pair working together excites Ponting. "You can absolutely have both those guys in the one team, and if you put a couple of other steadier guys around him you'd have a pretty awesome attack," Ponting told The Australian. "Tait can do a great job for you with the new ball in Test cricket as well as one-day cricket, which is how we used him in the World Cup.

"He knocks batsmen over. If he gets that new ball swinging and he gets it right, there aren't many batsmen in the world who are going to be able to keep him out."

Tait said opening with Lee "would be awesome". "If I can work towards that and Brett can come back stronger from his injury it would be a good thing for the country to watch, I reckon," he said.

Ponting said Tait had taken over the team's role as the "out and out strike bowler" in the World Cup. "Brett was that a few years ago, but I think he's been able to change his whole game around and become economical." He called Tait "Mr Unpredictable". "You could bowl him for just two or three overs up front in Test cricket, too, and then bring on someone steady like Stuey Clark."

Glenn McGrath, who celebrated his retirement during a public reception in Sydney on Thursday, agreed with Ponting. "'Binga' [Lee] might be classed as a pedal-to-the-metal type of bowler, but I think his control is pretty good," McGrath said. "I think what makes Taity special is his uniqueness. As long as no-one tries to change that he should be fine."

The squad has lost four long-term members over the past five months, with McGrath joining Shane Warne, Justin Langer and Damien Martyn in retirement, but Ponting expects his new-look team to keep the same standards. "I actually see it as one of the most exciting phases of my career," Ponting said in the Sydney Morning Herald. "The most important thing is that the older guys in the team have to keep maintaining their high standards, and if we have to carry some of the younger guys through for a while, so be it."

Adam Gilchrist said it would be a challenge to maintain the results. "But we're too well set up," he said. "We've got such a good infrastructure. We're the world leaders big-time in that area alone, let alone every other area that we dominate the world in."

© Cricinfo
Ponting seems to think Tait as well...

pidgeon fan;157789 said:
I have reported your post.

didnt u tell me to do my ********ing job ????
thats all i was doing

Stuart Clark is the ready made Test replacement.

Tait is a very dangerous bowler if somewhat erratic at times. Will only get better at his age. Unpredictable slingers = difficult to face, LOL.

Back