Ricky Ponting On The Clarke/katich Incident

Wow this storey just won't die. The death kiss was given today by Kim Hughes. Hughes has supported Clarke. A bit like AFL clubs stating that a coach is iron clad safe.

Now Shane Warne has come out and defended Michael Clarke and criticizing Ricky Ponting for his comments in his recent book, stating that Ponting said those things out of jealousy and that Michael Clarke does have the respect of the dressing-room.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/685493.html?CMP=chrome

No offence to Warney but although I've never liked Ponting as a player/person...I'm pretty sure Ponting would have better insight into the current team environment than Warne. The media must love Warney...he always delivers them some gold.

Well what do you know players sticking up for their mates. I reckon Warne could possibly be on the mark with the jealousy thing ;) The comment that Waugh and Clarke should have batted at 3 (like he did himself as captain of course..) was just silly.

Pretty funny that he brings that Ponting brain-melt to bowl 1st at Edgbaston in the 05 Ashes, by some accounts he was really pissed off about the decision at the time.

A bit like AFL clubs stating that a coach is iron clad safe.
lol did you hear what happened to Scott Watters? Goes on the radio in the morning talking about the teams future and that he has the boards full support, sacked 2 hours later :D

lol did you hear what happened to Scott Watters? Goes on the radio in the morning talking about the teams future and that he has the boards full support, sacked 2 hours later :D

OH the game just keeps on giving. Really you would be shaking in your boots if a footy club gave you their support.:D
On the other hand Shane Warne is another gift to all comedy loving sports fans. Is there anyone else that serves the gold like Warnie. His overall commentary on the game and the team since retirement has given me reason to actually believe CA got it right when they dropped him as VC. The guy really seems to lack clarity.

Back