Ricky Ponting's Future

I hope he keeps playing, but the way he has been treated by Cricket Australia is utter rubbish!

Yes he has had a lean run, there's no disputing that. But when you ask a bloke to step up and lead his country again, he gets a crushing win against India, and is then kicked to the kerb the next day? For someone who is our most capped ODI player, our leading run scorer in tests and ODI's, and who has just come off a double hundred in his last test innings to be treated like that is utterly disgraceful.
Yes, his ODI career is coming to a close, but give him the tap on the shoulder in private, and let him annouce his retirement at the end of the CBA series. This way, he can maintain some dignity, and so we can give him the respect he deserves.

I hope he keeps playing, but the way he has been treated by Cricket Australia is utter rubbish!

Yes he has had a lean run, there's no disputing that. But when you ask a bloke to step up and lead his country again, he gets a crushing win against India, and is then kicked to the kerb the next day? For someone who is our most capped ODI player, our leading run scorer in tests and ODI's, and who has just come off a double hundred in his last test innings to be treated like that is utterly disgraceful.
Yes, his ODI career is coming to a close, but give him the tap on the shoulder in private, and let him annouce his retirement at the end of the CBA series. This way, he can maintain some dignity, and so we can give him the respect he deserves.

Yeah he incites a lot of passion amongst you Aussies, it'd be good as you say for him to bail out with a sense of dignity and pride.

Ponting has made it clear that he just wants to play and that he knows he will end up being dropped if form is no good. He knows he could have retired and gone out a hero but that is not what he wants so leave it be.

If he has any sense he would look at calling it quits and possibly play a final game at Bellerive, regardless of what happens with his form for the rest of the summer imo the English bowlers will destroy him if he goes over there.

Ricky Ponting is one of the best batsman ever to have played the game. He is also one of the best fieldsman. It has been a great career by Ricky. Hopefully he can finish off strongly in Perth.

Ponting will retire after the Perth Test. Good on him.

Gee I didn't quite see that coming when I posted in this thread earlier today, would've been tough for him but it's the right move. So his career will end where it started off in Perth, how big is this series deciding Test match now?

Gee I didn't quite see that coming when I posted in this thread earlier today, would've been tough for him but it's the right move. So his career will end where it started off in Perth, how big is this series deciding Test match now?

Even though I've never liked him. He deserves to have a good last Test match. Extra motivation for Australia maybe?

I will be interested to see what role Ponting will have in Cricket now! I must admit I shed a tear after his last test match dismissal, being my favourite player and all.

Would you guys expect to see Ricky coaching or commentating?

Back