RP Kahuna Players Vs GN Player Ignite

brayza

RP Kahuna Players Vs GN Player Ignite

Hi,

Am looking for a new bat for the upcoming season.
I'm from Hobart, Tasmania, and we finally have a Greg Chappell Cricket Centre here! Had a look at a good range of bats there.

Have basically narrowed it down to these two bats.
As im tall, have decided that I will go for a long blade stick this time round..
Which, unfortunately rules out a few other bats i really liked (New GM DXM range and Puma Scultura for example).

Anyways, which bat out of these two would you suggest?
I probably prefer the lower middle on the Gray Nicolls Ignite, but find the pickup and bowing of the Kookaburra Kahuna better...

Do any of you guys own either of these bats? If so, how have you found them?

Would you suggest one over the other?

note: I am not fussed over the $30 price difference.

regards,
Brayza

Re: RP Kahuna Players Vs GN Player Ignite

mate, those bats around the 650 mark arent they?
better off forking out the extra hundred for the gray nicholls legend. custom made to your choosing. it can be long blade and anywhere up to 3''0.
ive got mine on order, will be picking it up next week. worth a look if you are already forking out 670 or so, whats another hundred for the perfect bat?

Clint;364351 said:
better off forking out the extra hundred for the gray nicholls legend. custom made to your choosing. it can be long blade and anywhere up to 3''0.
ive got mine on order, will be picking it up next week. worth a look if you are already forking out 670 or so, whats another hundred for the perfect bat?
You make a good point here Clint...
However, I don't have much of a clue when it comes to ordering a custom made bat. What do you have to specify? And what if your not exactly sure what you like in a bat?
I am assuming apart from weight, they would need some advice on:
- Low/High middle
- Bowing
- handle shape
- Edges

regards,
Brayza

A good bat maker will talk you through it, ask questions and try to get a feel for you. If it's a bat from one of the bigger firms then they generally have a form you can fill out, things such as weight, handle shape, length, pick up and so on.

Depends what you want in a bat.

All the top brand bats that are priced $600+ will all be good bats

You'd just have to walk into a store and feel what bat is right for you

The GN Ignite I noticed has a low middle, which is good for driving and such.

Depends what weight you want, how many grains etc.

You won't know until you pick the bat up yourself.

Yeah, as Wrist Spin says it's basically what you personally want in it and how it feels for you.

I've got a Kahuna Players from a couple of seasons ago and it's been pretty awesome - it comes off brilliantly when I drive, so yeah, don't be turned off by the higher middle, it still comes of awesome lower.

brayza;360293 said:
Hi,

Am looking for a new bat for the upcoming season.
I'm from Hobart, Tasmania, and we finally have a Greg Chappell Cricket Centre here! Had a look at a good range of bats there.

Do we? Where?

sweet, thanks mate, i should go and check it out, i usually go to bridges bros for my stuff.

Clint;364351 said:

Spot on mate. I've got 2 GN Legend bats and they are without doubt the best bats I've ever used. It helped also that I worked 2 doors down from the GN factory in Cheltenham when I used to live in Melbourne, so Stuart, GNs master bat maker was able to really make it as I like. Well worth the extra $100.

My advice the brayza would be to forget about the maker's name and select the best bat for you. Custom made is the way to go, but if you go to a Greg Chappell or a Kingsgrove to get a bat there, I'd nearly blindfold myself and just rely on the "feel" of the bat in the hands rather than the brand, because at the end of the day that's what it's all about.

Im a small teenager and i have a GN players Ignite 2009 model. It is small mens and only 2 pound 2. Its got a great middle and i have won many league batting awards with it and made the top 28 of the vic u 15 team. So i havent used a kooka players but the Ignite is a great bat! :D

Back