SA vs VIC Pura Cup: 14-17 Oct 2007

SouthSwans

SA vs VIC Pura Cup: 14-17 Oct 2007

The Vics have made a great start at stumps on day one finishing on 5/296 with a sparkling hundred from Dave Hussey.

His 178-ball 104 contained a six and 14 fours. He was complimented by skipper Cam White who made 76, the two putting together 152 for the fourth wicket.

Ryan Harris was the pick of the bowlers for South Australia, the medium-pacer picking up 1/46 with ten maidens for an economy rate of 1.9 off his 24 overs.

Re: SA vs VIC Pura Cup: 14-17 Oct 2007

When Rhino is firing he's unstoppable

ended up a reasonably even contest. with the fall of a few late wickets.

i was happy with the SACA's efforts today.

But it's been our batting that has let us down over the last couple of years.

I hope Bowser has got them up and firing with the bat. If their efforts in grade cricket last weekend were anything to go by then they should put in a good effort.

Vics 438, Sa 3/75. Wade just missed a stumping. I bet Crosthwaite would have got it.

Nannes gets Elliott out, South Australia 4/98.

In other news i'm doubting Wade's ability to keep to McGain. He was already let past 2 byes twice and missed a stumping.

Give Wade a break, the young bloke has been very impressive on debut, as much as I love Crosthy his batting ability leaves a bit to be desired, Wade looks good at the crease.

SouthSwans;184898 said:
Give Wade a break, the young bloke has been very impressive on debut, as much as I love Crosthy his batting ability leaves a bit to be desired, Wade looks good at the crease.

well i'm quite annoyed that a man who couldn't bat at all throughtout his career has left another keeper out for the same reason. Also should we play a keeper who can bat or a batter who can keep?

Personally I think we need a batsman who can keep moreso, like a Shane Deitz or a Tim Paine.

Big day today, lets wrap the tail up, enforce the follow-on and bowl them out for 100. No need for a day 4. :D :D

SouthSwans;184901 said:
Personally I think we need a batsman who can keep moreso, like a Shane Deitz or a Tim Paine.

not that it matters with Deitzy he can't get a game

Jolldo87;184899 said:
well i'm quite annoyed that a man who couldn't bat at all throughtout his career has left another keeper out for the same reason. Also should we play a keeper who can bat or a batter who can keep?
Time's change though, and in cricket today it's all about the best batsman who also keeps a bit..
Like it or not thats cricket at the moment!!

Peter Siddle 3 wickets in the first over was fantastic. Ended up with 5. Great start to the season, now lets see Crosthwaite get a ton in the One Dayer.

Back