Say what you want about Ponting's captaincy... but

Cos you know, the captain fills ever friggin role in the team. Captain sets the fields, but if your best bowler can't bowl to em, what the hell can you do apart from drag him? and then he cops crap for dragging his best bowler. ffs people, cut the bloke some slack. i'd like to see you take on the job (nod to CLOCKER for wanting it) and see you long you float for. :)

Cos you know, the captain fills ever friggin role in the team. Captain sets the fields, but if your best bowler can't bowl to em, what the hell can you do apart from drag him? and then he cops crap for dragging his best bowler. ffs people, cut the bloke some slack. i'd like to see you take on the job (nod to CLOCKER for wanting it) and see you long you float for. :)

Son, for a million bucks a year plus all of the endorsements I could sign up, I wouldn't care if they made roll the pitches before every Test. Bottom line Ponting is an ordinary skipper.Just because he is a good batsman does not mean he is a good skipper. Jeez I have played under some poor skippers even though they were great cricketers.Time for him to call it stumps at the end of this series and give someone else a go.

Say what you want about Ponting's captaincy... but

teams under his leadership never give in... they never say die.

Look, I'm not Ponting's biggest fan. I still vividly remember him drinking and gambling to excess when he was younger; traits that probably put his career back 3 or 4 years.

As a batsmen I rate him very highly; I could live until I'm 80 and never see a finer Australian batsmen. Nor ever see a better all-round fieldsmen.

I have never questioned his batting ability.

Ponting has had a hell of a lot of critics with regards to his leadership.

Not only with regards to onfield tactics, but also with regards to sportsmanship and off-field relations.

At times he has treated the game, not as a gentlemen's game, but as a brawl with no holds barred.

However, I must give him a hell of a lot of credit for one thing.

Under his leadership, I've never seen an Australian team throw the towel in.

At the end of the day, with a limited team, that is all we can probably ask for. That spell of cricket late on day 4 against India was electrifying. Whatever happens on day 5, this Australian team can be proud of putting up one hell of a fight in foreign conditions.

I just wanted to take this chance to say how much I have enjoyed watching this test match against India. Both teams have put up a great match so far, and god knows cricket needs it.

Lets hope for a fantastic finish on day 5.

Not sure how you can quantify that comment, but if you think so.Most of the players are on sustantial contracts and they are not stupid. We now know that Pakistan effectively threw a series which they probably should have won. It really demonstrates how far the Australia team has slipped.Too many players are playing for themselves by ensuring they make the odd century.M Clarke is a prime example.He makes a one day hundred and everyone breaks down into tears.He is an ordinary bat and will show that he is an ordinary skipper. I wonder how long it is before Katich loses his spot when Michael Clarke becomes skipper? I suggest not very long.

Back