Scoring problem?? Help needed

petersiddle09

Scoring problem?? Help needed

hello, well i havea a problem.. my Defence if tops, i think i scored 3 runs for 41 balls. That is a problem.. And when i bat out in the middle for some reason i find it hard to hit balls down leg side that are genuin half volleys. i just play to late.
Can anyone help me to score faster but keep my wicket in tact..
I am a bowler but i am coming on in my batting department..
Note: I am fine in the nets

Cheers

Re: Scoring problem?? Help needed

OK so we have 2 issues. Slow scoring and a technical point off the legs.

With slow scoring the reason is usually psychological. You may be afraid of getting out so don't want to play any attacking strokes. The key is to build up your confidence in your shots. yiou can't really do that in nets. Try some middle practice or playing friendly games where it doesn't matter too much if you get out to give you more freedom.

Also as the captain or coach how he wants you to play. He may give you the freedome you need to play more shots.

Technically, missing leg side balls usually means your weight is going too off side. It could by your stance or first movement pushing you away from the leg side ball. Get someone to watch you batting to see if you are falling to the off side (or post a video from the umpires position behind the stumps).

Yeah every time i play a stroke i get caught.. so i just block.
What do you mean my weight is too far down leg side, how can i stop that

Well, it depends if that is the problem. If it is you are basically falling too far over to the off side and in the wrong position.

Get a coach to watch you or post a video.

I have the same problem too, great solid defence but still struggle to score runs. I have been trying to improve this and have had some success, I hit 13* in about 25 balls in last years grand final which was fast for me. First bit of advice is that scoring runs doesn't have to be made by hitting boundaries, just gentle strokes into the gaps will build your score faster than you think. Practice the leg side, easy way to get off strike with a little flick to fine leg, this is probably my strongest shot. Do you wear a helmet? I took mine off one game and started to see gaps alot better, didn't feel so boxed in.

Back