Season 37 Preview!

pouks_31

With the upcoming Season 37 set to be a big one Jo Mumma has decided to preview what is set to be a cracking season.

NSW -

Manager: JayBee

Key Players: Jamie Deville and Gomez Brooks

Predicted Finish: 1-2

The outlook: Definitely the favourites. It has to be a big season for the men from harbour town. Are playing with the big boys and have the best batting list in the competition. Will be tough to beat when runs are-a-plenty on a track doing nothing. The only question mark is whether Brooks and co. can get the job done at home against better quality spinners in the competition such as Usera. Big season for Deville, has promised a lot, new team, new outlook and maybe time to fulfil his potential as the game’s best opening batsmen.

SA –

Manager: James018

Key Players: Jerry Moldrich and Graham Stocks

Predicted Finish: 1-3

The outlook: These guys are ones where you look at there list and say wow, they have some superstars of the competition but when they don’t fire, who is there to pick up the slack. Need consistent performances, if they do that I have no doubt they will be there and pushing NSW all the way. On a track that plays well for batsmen they need more in that department, middle order has to fire. Moldrich to set his stature as one of the best youngsters in the competition and skipper Stocks, a champion that needs to be consistent if he wants that flag.

WA –

Manager: Pouks

Key Players: Mario Abuccio and Tele Mo III

The outlook: Have won three in a row, so you cannot count them out. Looking very healthy in the youth department, a good mixture that will be up there and pushing but not blasting away. A lot like SA in that when Abuccio and Mo don’t fire who is there? Mo is the game’s best batsmen by a long way, potentially better then Royal. Don’t count them out just yet, will go missing on spinning tracks with no spinner.

QLD –

Manager: KVT

Key Players: Barney Knox and Isiah Usera

Predicted Finish: 2-4

The outlook: A team that needs one more gun bowler to be really competitive. Have a strong middle order but when there isn’t a game where runs aren’t at a premium tend to go missing, either all on or no one is on. I left Royal out of the key players, you know he is going to have a good season, Knox has to back his season up from last season and Usera has to shoulder an attack on a pace deck.

ACT –

Manager: Keeper

Key Players: Ian Grant and Edwards Youds

Predicted Finish: 3-5

The outlook: Talent in this team is immense. But haven’t been able to fire, there and there abouts but lack something that puts fear in teams. Let go of Tales and Ong, whom were untried quality, lack potency and consistency. Danger games will be against ACT at home. Ian Grant needs to produce consistently, a big season for him. Whilst Edward Youds needs to stop thinking he isn’t as good as his family, we can all see the signs he is a star, time to start performing like one.

VIC –

Manager: Mike

Key Players: Steven Spoljaric and Adam Ward

Predicted Finish: 4-6

The outlook: Coming up from Division one the hopes are high but I just don’t see them pushing any of the top 4 this season. The boys from Victoria have an good to average list but needs more in terms of run scoring lightning. Have good batsmen but no one that will remain at the crease being that out and out run scoring star. Spoljaric is a star but that’s because he is good with both bad and ball but not great at both in one game. Adam Ward, the man behind the stumps needs to step up and show why he is the known at one of the best in the game, hit runs and keep well, its your time to shine because time is running out.

Division 1 –

TAS –

Manager: TBA

Key Players: Wasim Makandar and Mohammed Alasso

The outlook: Primed and ready simply because they have the best bowling attack in division one, by a long way. Will take wickets on all decks, may be expensive on spinning decks but wont phase them because they also have a international bloke by the name of Makanadar who can score runs on a green deck with the ball moving. Alasso is the key and my tip for the best player in division one for Season 37, will take wickets and bowl economically, a well oiled bowler that will make his team close to premiers.

AC –

Manager: T-Paine

Key Players: Gareth Eager and Sammy Ioannidis

The outlook: These guys are going to be along with TAS the ones to be beat. Have class through the middle order and have an attack which can sustain and contain run scoring ability. Will struggle though on a deck which doesn’t turn with Ioannidis not being as influential. Eager is a kid that needs to be watched, should be named captain through the week, has leadership and potential Australian Captain.

GC –

Manager: Cameronwhite

Key Players: Biswadeep Dey and Harry Boargey

Predicted Finish: 2-4

The outlook: Can have a serious crack at the title if consistency leans their way. They needs that impact player almost the bus driver, its not about rebuilding anymore, they have talent. Dey is an International superstar, the boy can play and the boy can seriously influence games. Boagrey is someone I have watched closely, limited opportunities, time to shine kid.

GEE –

Manager: TBA

Key Players: Tony Abbott and Jay Marchetti

Predicted Finish: 2-5

The outlook: Just there and there abouts. The key is consistency, have some class but then again they are a team which is just that chip-chip and chip some more team. They won’t take a big chunk out and don’t have the firepower to do so. Marchetti is a player that they can build around; Abbott is also that, he is a star and close with Usera as the best in the game, need huge seasons from both.

EF –

Manager: Fishy

Key Players: Morgan Ellis and Brad Painter

Predicted Finish: 3-4

The outlook: Will push teams but on the back of two players. Once fishy gets his hands on this team it won’t look the same Season 38. Morgan Ellis is the best player in division one, watch him and wish he was on your list because he will win games when he has the influence on them. Painter will also be a handful, on the back of them two will push teams but won’t win promotions.

NT –

Manager: Brad

Key Players: Joe Anderson

Predicted Finish: 5-6

The outlook: Doesn’t look good for the boys from the Territory. What can I besides that they are a team that needs structure and needs to move well during trading. A rebuilding year, Joe Anderson to spearhead an attack which needs hope that the opposing captain will declare.

Medal Predictions -
John Pope Medallion: Mario Abuccio/Jamie Deville/Jerry Moldrich
Division One Player of the Year: Morgan Ellis/Mohammed Alasso
Premier Batsmen - Jamie Deville
Premier Bowler - Jerry Moldrich
Div 1 Batsmen - Gareth Eager
Div 1 Bowler - Mohammed Alasso

Jo Mumma - Cricket News Daily

"I'm generally in agreement with Pouks' assessment. He certainly knows what he's talking about."

"Premier will be a close competition this season and teams will need to be at the top of their game. WA's dominated the last few seasons and have shown they can get the job done. NSW have have the talent for a long time and it'll be interesting to see if JayBee can get the best out of them."

"My own team, SA, I have a lot of confidence in them. I think our batting is our weak point and even that can dominate on its day. We stocked up on batsmen over the break and you can expect to see Rech, Higgs and MacKenzie get a go throughout the season. The only other thing we lack is a quality spinner, we were looknig at Shane Kadri but decided he was too much of a risk."

"I'll be interested to see how the new teams go, they're basically unknown quantities at the moment. I've heard a lot of good things about my old club, AC, and hope we can again build up a healthy cross-town rivalry like we had back in the day."

"Pouki is pretty much spot on about Adelaide City. We should be real close to Promotion this season. We have a few genuine stars, but from what I can see early we are weaker in a couple of areas, namely a top-notch Opener and a couple more bowling options. At the moment we've got just three seamers and the spinner. So a lot will come down to them being on top of their game week after week."

"We're a class side, no doubt. Consistency is key."

JayBee, NSW manager, has today come out and spoken about the Season ahead:

"Let's not beat around the bush here, WA are the team to beat. Pouks has come out and splashed around the media that NSW are the team to beat and everybody should focus on whether JayBee can get the best out of the NSW side, yet nobody thinks of WA when they think title?"

"Ross-Naylor is also talking up his side, taking a very hopeful outlook to the season, it's admirable."

"WA have Tele Mo III and Mario Abbuccio, as long is that is a fact, they're favourites for titles."

He then went on to speak about new Division One manager T-PainE:

"It's good to have another keen bloke in the ranks. I wish him all the best and hope he does well, he looks like he has all the tools in the shed to take this team to the Premier Division and win titles. Good luck."

Back