Season 4 Pre-Season Draft

W

Wilbix

Season 4 Pre-Season Draft

The draft will be held at 12:01 am GMT on Saturday December 9th. I have compiled a draft list of all available players that I could find, and it will be posted shortly hereafter. Feel free to inform me of any omissions or errors you find, and I will take care of them as soon as I can.

Participation
The participants in the draft will be the captains of the 4 teams (or their representatives). As each team has 7 players already on their squad, the draft will proceed for 8 rounds, allowing for a maximum of 15 players per squad. However, after the 6th round, a team may choose to 'pass' on their selection if they so choose. During the draft, any trades may be made between the teams, including players or later picks in the draft, and must be officially announced by PMing yours truly.

Should a captain not be able to be online at the time of the draft (nor a nominated representative) the administrator will make the selections for them, in what he believes is in the best interest of their team. If a captain knows ahead of time that he will be unable to make the draft, he may submit a ranked list of available players to the administrator to be followed, with the selection of proceeding according to that list.

Progression of the Draft
The draft will proceed in a 'snake' manner. The order will be randomly chosen before the commencement of the draft, and the order will be reversed in alternating rounds. For example, the first two rounds of the draft may be in the following order: FIG-CRU-KAN-MAG-MAG-KAN-CRU-FIG. Each selection will be subject to a one minute time limit, with the clock starting when the previous selection is posted. This should allow the draft to be completed in approximately 30 minutes.

After the draft
At the conclusion of the draft, the preseason trade season will open. Any and all trades between teams will be allowed, after notification is given to the administrator. There will also be an exhibition match period, in which any requested games will be played. On Thursday December 14th, the first round of One-Day matches will begin. After the season has commenced, trades will not be allowed (except due to special circumstances) until the mid-season trade period.

Hopefully all the captains will be here on time tomorrow. The draft will begin promptly at 12:01 am GMT, so try to arrive a few minutes before that so that we can get oriented. The eligible player list will follow.

Re: Season 4 Pre-Season Draft

These are the players eligible to be drafted. If there are any errors or omissions, let me know and I will rectify the list. Any players who are not drafted will go into the free agent pool, and, if there is enough interest, we could come up with a second division.

Code:
[B][I]NAME[/I]                    [I]POSITION[/I][/B]
Binga's Girl          LM Bowler (lhb)
Bowling Shane         RF Bowler (rhb)
bloods                Wicketkeeper (lhb)
chandu                Wicketkeeper (rhb)
Nothingman            Batting all-rounder (LHB/sla)
The Reaper            Pure all-rounder (RF/RHB)
The Huss              RH Batsman
Russian               RH Batsman
Lonie_from_50         RH Batsman
rough_edges           LH Batsman
bigjeff               Batting all-rounder (RHB/rf)
eddie_vrv6            RH Batsman
Locky                 RFM Bowler (rhb)
TigerCraig            RM Bowler (lhb)
Trigg                 Bowling all-rounder (RFM/rhb)
Brenton McDonald      Batting all-rounder (LHB/rf)
Philhawk              RH Batsman
Gossy                 LH Batsman
Spell_Check           RH Batsman
Porthos               RH Batsman
YOTC                  LH Batsman
Barcarulz             RH Batsman
bushy                 LH Batsman
miggles               RH Batsman
Bluto11               Bowling all-rounder (LB/rhb)
Speedstar             LF Bowler (lhb)
waspy                 LF Bowler (lhb)
copernicus            RH Batsman
Bundy_Dry&Lime        RH Batsman
jimmy_c8              RF Bowler (rhb)
fred                  RF Bowler (rhb)
Blizzard              RH Batsman
imported_mike         RH Batsman
King_Brown            LH Batsman
sportzchick           RF Bowler (rhb)
MrP@H                 Bowling all-rounder (LF/rhb)
Fender63              ?????
gilly123              ?????
Mudassar Nazar        ?????
weapons05/06          ?????
rumblah               ?????
eddiesmith            ?????

I'll draw it just before the draft begins.

Whoops, I must have forgotten to put you back in the list when you got taken off the protected squad. It's too late for me to edit it, can you use your moddly powers to do it? If not, we'll just consider you as part of it.

YOTC and fred are no longer in the draft, they have been added to the Magpies protected list.

Right Arm Over IS now eligible to be drafted, as a RF bowler (rhb)

Wilbix;120423 said:
Progression of the Draft
The draft will proceed in a 'snake' manner. The order will be randomly chosen before the commencement of the draft, and the order will be reversed in alternating rounds. For example, the first two rounds of the draft may be in the following order: FIG-CRU-KAN-MAG-MAG-KAN-CRU-FIG. Each selection will be subject to a one minute time limit, with the clock starting when the previous selection is posted. This should allow the draft to be completed in approximately 30 minutes.

a minute isnt very long at all maybe u should change that as its on a weekend and alot of us play sport on weekends

Welcome everyone to the 4th season BigCricket Fantasy Draft. The draft will get underway shortly, if any captains or representativees could let us know you are here, that would be great!

The draft order has been drawn:

Crusaders
Magpies
Lions
Figjams

The order will be reversed in alternate rounds.

I will be doing a lot of the drafting. Obviously, I am the interim leader of the Magpies until a captain comes forward. The Kandy Lions and Caribbean Crusaders have sent me draft lists to draft their teams from. I am still hoping for a representative to show up for the Figjams.

We will wait a little longer. The draft will begin at 12:15 GMT.

Well that is as long as we can wait. I will attempt to fill out the Figjams roster also, as well as I can. If someone arrives, jump right in and take over.

The first selection will be to the Crusaders.

With their first selection, the Crusaders select:

Bowling Shane - RF Bowler (rhb)

The Magpies select:

barcarulz - RH Batsman

The Kandy Lions are on the clock.

The Kandy Lions select:

Mudassar Nazar

The South Aussie Figjams select:

Right Arm Over - RF Bowler (rhb)