Season Five Squads/Discussion

Ljp86

Staff member
Season Five Squads/Discussion

Okay, here are the squads for season five after the draft.

Kandy Lions

Code:
Player                       Type                    Bat            Bowl

Miggles                   Pure Batter               Left              -                
Metallica_ACDC            Pure Batter               Right             -
The Flamin’ Mongrel       Pure Batter               Right             -
Blizzard                  Pure Batter               Right             -
ollie73                   Pure Batter               Right             -
Guru                      Pure Batter               Left              -
Jamo                      Pure All-Rounder          Right      Right Arm Fast
Jerk                      Bowling All-Rounder       Right      Right Arm fast-Medium
Wilbix                    Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Leg Spin
Stamislav (c)             Pure Bowler               Left       Left Arm Orthodox
eddiesmith                Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Medium 
Toddys10                  Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Fast
Danzan22                  Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Fast
Cleazer                   Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Fast

Caribbean Crusaders

Code:

Kerr4PM                   Pure Batter               Right             -
Lyall                     Pure Batter               Right             -
Emerald                   Pure Batter               Right             -
ONB                       Pure Batter               Right             -  
Dirk_Kuyt                 Pure Batter               Right             -
Bluto11                   Bowling All-Rounder       Right      Left Arm Wrist Spin
Eth-dog                   Bowling All-Rounder       Right      Right Arm Fast
LSS                       Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Leg Spin
Breakwood                 Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Off-Spin
Ljp86 (c)                 Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Fast

South Aussie Figjams

Code:

Will_85                   Pure Batter               Right             -                   
Barcarulz                 Pure Batter               Right             -
Catcozmo                  Pure Batter               Right             -
Bennycoff                 Pure Batter               Right             -
Aidan                     Pure Batter               Right             -
jimmy_c8                  Wicketkeeper              Right             -
ToonArmy                  Pure All-Rounder          Right      Right Arm Fast
Coach_Hollywood           Bowling All-Rounder       Right      Right Fast-Medium                     
Donk                      Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Leg-Spin
Southswans                Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Leg-Spin
weapons05/06              Pure Bowler               Left       Left Arm Fast-Medium
Younginator(c)            Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Fast-Medium 
Panda_Drive               Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Fast

Indomitable Magpies

Code:

Cameron                   Pure Batter               Right             -
Brock4444                 Pure Batter               Left              -
Boncer34                  Pure Batter                ??               -
Pie 4 life                Wicketkeeper              Right             -
Therbs                    Pure All-Rounder          Right      Right Arm Fast
Diamond Joe Quimby        Pure Bowler               Left       Left Arm Wrist-Spin/Orthodox
Warney                    Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Leg-Spin
DRXX                      Pure Bowler               Left       Right Arm Fast
Fred                      Pure Bowler               Right      Right Arm Fast

Okay, that is the state of the teams after the recent draft.

• Currently, The Kandy Lions have 14 players therefore they have a full list.
  • SA Figjams have 13 players with room for one more.
  • Crusaders have 10 players and need one more to have an eleven.
  • Magpies have nine players and need two more for an eleven.

Some players are also missing characteristics from their profiles. Boncer34 need to choose which hand he bats with.

Diamond Joe Quimby must decide between Left Arm Orthodox Spin or Left Arm Wrist-Spin.

Neither the Lions nor the Crusaders have a wicketkeeper. The Lions will have to change one of their players into a keeper while the Crusaders can also change a player type or try to recruit a new keeper.

Basically, we are short three players at the moment so no game can start until three more players can be found. Overall, the competition is short 10 players.

We have a number of options here which I have mentioned in the Season Five Draft thread. I am willing to start a pre-season draft wheich the delisted non-posters go into are each club they need players can pick who they want. Those player can be used as "fillers" so to speak until new members show interest in this competition. The only downside to that, is that none of them post so that wouldn't help posting levels at all. However, it is a quick fix and the competition would be able to start very soon.

Another option is to use famous players as "fillers" until new players come along. We could use past or present players in the teams that are short and wait for new players to come along. This option has the same problem as the first method as it doesn't help increase posting levels.

The third option is that we wait a while for new players to come along. There are still a few more things to sort out and at an estimate, the practice game/pre-season comp won't be happening until Wilbix gets back and that isn't for another week.

Anyone who has thoughts, feel free to add them.

A Season Five Squads thread will be posted in the near future once squads are settled.

Re: Season Five Squads/Discussion

I thought Figjams had a full compliment ?

Younginator;158426 said:
I thought Figjams had a full compliment ?

No, it turned out that Guru was delisted from the Figjams. I didn't know and assumed he was playing with you guys.

Ljp86;158388 said:
Diamond Joe Quimby must decide between Left Arm Orthodox Spin or Left Arm Wrist-Spin.

I'm pretty sure the sim doesn't distinguish between different kinds of left-arm spinners.

Stamislav;158520 said:
I'm pretty sure the sim doesn't distinguish between different kinds of left-arm spinners.

Well, you can't be both.

Ljp86;158522 said:
Well, you can't be both.

OK, but it will have no effect on the competition. The sim only recognizes three types of spinners: off-spin, leg-spin, and left-arm spin.

I think we all tell our mates to come join, and until then we wait.

Delist and Famous fillers will just kill it.

Stamislav;158547 said:
OK, but it will have no effect on the competition. The sim only recognizes three types of spinners: off-spin, leg-spin, and left-arm spin.

Okay, fair enough.

Kerr4PM;158579 said:
I think we all tell our mates to come join, and until then we wait.

Delist and Famous fillers will just kill it.

The whole problem is that there is no guarantee that they will stay. This comp needs people that are willing to stick around and help this competition grow but there are only a select few that are willing to do that.

The draft we just had went pretty well and we now have some new fresh faces in this comp which is good to see. Hopefully they will all stay and make the fantasy cup a lot better.

Our best chance would be to advertise on other sites. The thread on BigFooty has already generated some discussion and there are already a few that have come across from there to play here.

At the moment, we are slowly improving the BigCricket Fantasy Cup but there is a long way to go.

Alright, so what are we going to do?

Are we going to wait a bit for some newer players or do we just add some non-posting players to the squads until new players arrive?

I can also bowl Medium if ya need me Figjams. Remember how I bowled an over last season? Woo!

A•|dan;158693 said:
I can also bowl Medium if ya need me Figjams. Remember how I bowled an over last season? Woo!
Aye. I remember that ..

I can also remember you giving 12 off that over ;).

Back