Seca 2015/16

Uncle Mick

What's the latest for those who choose to remain anonymous?

Comings and goings:
UNITING - Lalor gone. Chubbs retired* Rumoured to have left are: Richards (reitred); Oostermeyer; De Iacovo (Frankston). Cody on long term injury list. Dolman in?? Figure being bandied is $10k.
ESBC - Hodge in. Big rumours around Nannes playing. Suspect it's more Chinese whispers, but the rumour has done the rounds. Also may have a left arm son of a former State cricketer.
UNION - Kuzma (Premier cricket). Jewell rumoured to be back. Cairns has said to have offered his services elsewhere fuelling the rumour.
WBCC - Street in. Brown rumoured to be testing the market.
ANA - Biggs on the move (Mt Eliza). See Uniting re: Dolman.
MACKIE - haven't heard much more than they've retained the services of Lakmal.
WASH UPS - Williamson in.
CHAG - Kaleb Tymko in. Shelton out.
Heard nothing from KINGSTON HEATH, OMEGA, CARNEGIE SOUTH or ELWOOD.

*suspect the great man might be coaxed out of retirement

In Woolnough Shield, the only bit of news heard is that Mario Morel has replaced Tulla at the helm for the Two Blues.

CHAG have added Mark Bell from Hampton United. Pretty close to signing a pommy all rounder.. Close to naming another recruit as well..

Stacy Brown is staying at WBCC.

Mackie havent kept the pom, Arshad, but have signed another pom for half a season. Waqqas Hussain. Played at Bonbeach last year and won the comp medal.

Have heard that Jewell wont be playing at Union, will be staying put at Sorrento.

Heard Britt will be captain of Uniting??

Wouldnt say the wheels have fallen off uniting. They have been put in a good direction with the job that Glenn has done. Im sure they will go well again.

Ah yes, of course. Bell deserves a crack at the top grade. Will be good to see him test his wares in Longmuir. Great acquisition.

Good news for WBCC and Brown.

Have heard the news on a Bonbeach recruit to Mackie and that Jewell will stay at Sorrento after Union made a big play at him.

Great news if Britt leads Uniting. Has been a great servant and a worthy leader. Not privy to the internal workings of Uniting, but I'd dare say Lalor's legacy won't be lost on the club and they will find a way to succeed without him.

I believe there may be some big news to come out of Omega in the next 48 hours.

Not long to go now. Thought that I would start up the forum again with some TAB Sportsbet odds! The Premiership market is wide open this year. Remember, always bet responsibly ;)

ESBCC: $2.60
Mackie: $4.50
CHAG: $7.00
West Bentleigh: $7.00
Washington Park: $9.00
Bentleigh Uniting: $11.00
Carnegie South: $15.00
Elwood: $17.00
Kingston Heath: $51.00
Bentleigh ANA: $51.00
Brighton Union: $101
Omega: $251

Not long to go now. Thought that I would start up the forum again with some TAB Sportsbet odds! The Premiership market is wide open this year. Remember, always bet responsibly ;)

ESBCC: $2.60
Mackie: $4.50
CHAG: $7.00
West Bentleigh: $7.00
Washington Park: $9.00
Bentleigh Uniting: $11.00
Carnegie South: $15.00
Elwood: $17.00
Kingston Heath: $51.00
Bentleigh ANA: $51.00
Brighton Union: $101
Omega: $251

How do you get Mackie @ $4.50? The fact that they made the GF last season was more a sign of how much the competition had deteriorated. The Grand Final clearly demonstrated this ending in one day.

How do you get Mackie @ $4.50? The fact that they made the GF last season was more a sign of how much the competition had deteriorated. The Grand Final clearly demonstrated this ending in one day.

Fair call, but they've retained their list and added an import. Young blokes will be better for the experience and the old brigade haven't shown any signs of ageing. Krotofil will play 2s, but I suspect if he's up that high it won't be long before he's playing 72 overs again. Having said that, I still think the early call would have to be the new Millionaires from Beazley versus Hodgey.

Fixture out 7 days before season ...what a joke

Top 2 teams out of E grade but relegated are bottom & 4th bottom while 2nd & 3rd bottom are not relegated.

No explanation, nothing. Not even close to good enough...

Fixture out 7 days before season ...what a joke

Top 2 teams out of E grade but relegated are bottom & 4th bottom while 2nd & 3rd bottom are not relegated.

No explanation, nothing. Not even close to good enough...

It was explained clearly at the Season Launch a couple of weeks ago. Gradings were judged both on the club's team applications and the team's performances throughout the 2014/15 home and away season. Mark Rainey was very clear about the process. Given that the Season Launch invite was extended to each club's President, Secretary and team captains you should have enough people to discuss your ill-informed post.

As for the fixtures, the Association is faced with the challenge of clubs changing their team numbers and 8 grounds were made unavailable by Councils. As per the above, it was explained to us that only the top 4 grades were released prior to this week and that in all likelihood the rest would be this week as they sought ground availabilities with Councils and waited on clubs to confirm their numbers.

It was explained clearly at the Season Launch a couple of weeks ago. Gradings were judged both on the club's team applications and the team's performances throughout the 2014/15 home and away season. Mark Rainey was very clear about the process. Given that the Season Launch invite was extended to each club's President, Secretary and team captains you should have enough people to discuss your ill-informed post.

As for the fixtures, the Association is faced with the challenge of clubs changing their team numbers and 8 grounds were made unavailable by Councils. As per the above, it was explained to us that only the top 4 grades were released prior to this week and that in all likelihood the rest would be this week as they sought ground availabilities with Councils and waited on clubs to confirm their numbers.

Seriously Mick do u really believe that?
Hope your run for president comes off, it's the only explanation for supporting such incompetent decision making. Keep sucking up.

So explain to me if grades r done on season performance and past record how the premier from 2 years ago that finished 9th if 12 gets relegated from the grade they applied for while 2 of the bottom 3 stay up?

Fixture becomes an issue when such poor decisions r made & the Secretary find out 7 days before the season.

Seriously Mick do u really believe that?
Hope your run for president comes off, it's the only explanation for supporting such incompetent decision making. Keep sucking up.

So explain to me if grades r done on season performance and past record how the premier from 2 years ago that finished 9th if 12 gets relegated from the grade they applied for while 2 of the bottom 3 stay up?

Fixture becomes an issue when such poor decisions r made & the Secretary find out 7 days before the season.

I'm sure that your post makes sense to you, but it looks all over the shop and I don't care enough to continue debating the fixtures and team grading. It seemed pretty clear to me the way it was explained at the Season Launch. If you don't like it get on the committee and do something about it.

As far as running for Presidency, I have zero interest. It's hard enough running a club with its own whingers let alone an Association full of them. You can't please everyone. And whilst at times I have seriously questioned the processes and/or decision-making of the SECA Exec, rather than rant on a forum I've gone directly to them and sought an explanation. Might be worth your own peace of mind to do the same.

If don't care then don't reply mate. Don't tell me you don't care then write paragraphs of your 'wisdom'

It's a pretty simple question I reckon.

Why did 4th bottom not the lower teams get relegated?

there is no sensible reason and it's clearly the wrong call. Communicating it so late is a pretty poor reflection of how things are done in the seca.

I shouldn't need to b on the committee to play in the grade we earned.

If don't care then don't reply mate. Don't tell me you don't care then write paragraphs of your 'wisdom'

It's a pretty simple question I reckon.

Why did 4th bottom not the lower teams get relegated?

there is no sensible reason and it's clearly the wrong call. Communicating it so late is a pretty poor reflection of how things are done in the seca.

I shouldn't need to b on the committee to play in the grade we earned.

Grab yourself an odd sock or run a hot shower, champ. Sounds like you need it.

Things must be pretty good if all that some people can complain about are E Grade Gradings. Another great summary from Mr Missen in the Leader.

Wash Ups -v- East Sandringham
East Sandy need to get back on the pedestal after watching Uniting take all their press these past few seasons. Hodge is going to lose a few balls and there will complaints from householders. Great challenge for bowlers to see how they stack up.Luckily for the residents Packer is a huge ground. Each year Washington promise a lot but rarely deliver. Hopefully this may change this season. Have to pick East sandy by a lot and expect a reasonable crowd at Packer to see the debut of Hodge. Tex will be rubbing his hands together. He is a great host.

Royals-v-Mackie
I fear for the Royals this season. They have lost their best bowler and batsmen and a lot is going to fall back onto the shoulders of the Scott brothers, White, Jansz and a few others who have been inconsistent over the years are going to have to really perform. The Royals will be battling to stay in Longmuir I fear, BUT they come up against last season's grand finalists who have an appalling one day record. The Royals to win this one.

Uniting-v-Hoops
Good opportunity for Uniting to get a win against a limited Hoops outfit. One day cricket is about getting a competitive score on the board, bowling full straight and tight and playing like a team. Too many teams lose sight of this. Uniting comfortably.

Spiders-v-Golfers
The Spiders limped to the finals last season and then played like none of them wanted to be there. They were appalling. Mackie limped past their mediocre score and I just wondered how either team had made the finals. It was really boring to watch. The Spiders looked old and tired. Hopefully they have injected more young blood into their list because they need it. Golfers to get an early win

CHAG-v-Beach Boys

The Combine are considered an early favourite for honours this season. The Beach Boys and the much travelled Graham Yallop (is there a club he has not coached or played with) have their work cut out. The Beach Boys will be difficult to beat at home but their away record leaves a lot to be desired.

Omega-v-Cowboys

The Cowboys and huge pre-seasons are mutually exclusive. I would have loved to have seen the lads putting in the hard yards. This is something that has been lacking at the club over the years. Chris Street is a seriously good cricketer and a good coach. Omega will be happy to avoid relegation this season and watch a few of their younger players develop. Cowboys to win.

In Woolnough,
Good to see the Wanderers back after a very successful season.
Wanderers to beat Cluden
Washup's to beat East Sandy
Central to beat Le Page in a close one
The Combine to defeat the Beach Boys
Harlequins to defeat Uniting
Golfers to defeat Moorabbin West

ESBC
Mackie
Uniting
Spiders
CHAG
Cowboys

Cluden
ESBC
Big Doggs
CHAG
Quins
Moorabbin West

A. Vaughan to get a globe in Quiney Shield. :thumbsu:

Kingston Heath v Chelsea Heights/AspGdn
The Combine disappointed last match with an inept performance against the Beach Boys. The Golfers accounted for the Spiders in what was a one sided game. Winning form is good form and I will select the Golfers to continue with their good form.
Brighton Union v Washington Park
The Hoops had their moments against Uniting, but were unable to strike the telling blow. The Sharks were not disgraced and batted reasonably well against Brad Hodge. Unfortunately Hodgey was far too strong. If the Sharks are fair dinkum they will win this game.
Elwood v Omega
The Golfers accounted for the much fancied Combine last week and now come up against the newly promoted Omega. The newbies had a horrendous opening match being dismissed for 76 against the Cowboys, but rallied late to nearly pinch a memorable win.
The Beach Boys will win this easily and possibly even an outright.
Mackie v Bentleigh Uniting
The grand final replay will not end in a day and promises to be an interesting encounter.
Mackie’s wobbly batting line up against a new look Uniting batting line up. Uniting crumbled to lose 4 for very little against the Hoops and in the end relied on a former Royal to pull them out of an embarrassing situation. Why Mackie is not playing Budha in their first team beggars belief as there are at least three players in that team who will only contribute in the field and at tea time eating the party pies. Uniting’s bowling is far superior and will get the job done. Expect a rush of wickets to fall in quick succession at various stages.
West Bentleigh v Carnegie South

New Coach same Cowboys. Chasing the poultry total that Omega posted should have been a regulation chase. Define regulation for the Cowboys? At 6/56 coach Street must have been wondering what was going on. They limped to a very less than impressive win, but they won. The Spiders had their own ‘horribilis’ against the Golfers. Dismissed for 125 and failed to bat their overs out in a one day game is a crime against cricket. Trying to pick a winner here is like picking a winner in a mid week maiden race at Moe where the shortest price is $7.00. Cowboys to win but would not be surprised to see a reverse outright from either team.
Brad Hodge v Bentleigh ANA

Brad Hodge got off to a flyer against the Sharks and he enjoyed his flake and chips after the game. The Royals as predicted, accounted for Mackie. Unfortunately Brad is just too good with the bat and ball for the Royals and he will account for the Royals in a one sided match.

Woolnough:
Uniting
Wanderers
Le Page
Golfers
Harlequins
Cluden

Back