SECA CRICKET 19/20 SEASON

The grass elite played , there was no need to even go there !
I think you can rule a line thru all cricket on Saturday.
Melbourne area
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds north to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.
Possible rainfall: 8 to 15 mm

My Pocket Weather app suggests Moorabbin Airport 95% chance to receive 6 to 25mm. Earlier in the week the showers were all in the morning, but as you say, the current forecast is morning and afternoon. I don't think I will be needing to sharpen my pencils on Saturday.

FWIW...
Longmuir

Le Page to smash Mackie. Season is slipping away from Mackie.

Beachboys to bounce back and defeat West Bentleigh

Uniting to overcome the Royals in what will be a tense affair. No love lost between these two teams and no doubt a few players being reminded about their previous loyalties.

With the spring racing carnival in the air, a huge storm is what ESBC will be look forward to. If they get onto the ground the Hoops will win as they are excellent form and early favourites for the flag.

Woolnough

This could be a danger game for the Golfers, especially if it becomes a one day match. They will want to be on their guard. The Golfers to overcome Hellenic.

The Sharks got the wobbles against the Weststars and at one stage there were flashbacks to last season. They survived with a draw and now come up against an ordinary Carnegie South. The Sharks to feast on the Spiders.

The Combine come up against a confident Cluden. Can't see Cludent dropping this game.

The match of the round is at Bricker where Omega come up against the WestStars. Counting on Omega's batting to get them through.

Have been an interested watcher during the last 2 weeks of the SECA 20/20 comp but someone in SECA land has either lost the plot or failed in the umpire appointments.
In both matches that me and the dog have attended their has only been one official umpire in Div 1, surely that's unacceptable in what's supposed to be a comp that's taken seriously by the clubs.

What a waste of 3 weeks. They could have made this announcement prior to the finals.

Grand Finals - Canceled / COVID-19 Coronavirus
Date of Event South East Cricket Association: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:59PM

Dear All,

The SECA Executive convened this evening to consider whether we should proceed with this week-end’s grand finals.

Following consultation with key stakeholders over the past 48 hours since the completion of our games last week-end. The SECA Executive has made every effort to have the Grand Finals played.

However, the directives from Peak cricket bodies clearly outlined not to continue with our season. Regrettably, the SECA Executive have no choice but to accept this recommendation being mindful of minimising the risk to players, umpires, spectators and volunteers in relation to the Coronavirus pandemic we are currently encountering.

Decisions regarding Premiership awards, Presentation Nights etc will be advised at a later date.

Phil O'Callaghan
Secretary

The Mackie Cricket Club are thrilled to announce & welcome back Bruce Haley as club coach for the 2020/21 season.

Bruce is a life member of Mackie who has previously coached Mackie from 1995/96 - 2002/03 & prior to that Mackie CC U/16s from 1985-1994. He has most recently been with Salland Cricket Club in the Netherlands as coach & Carnegie South from 2005-18. Bruce is a Level 2 accredited coach & brings with him a wealth of cricket knowledge and experience, having a keen interest in junior development, previously coaching the SECA U/21 Representative side from 2004-2014. We can't wait to see the benefits that this will have across the entire club as he guides us through this new era.

We look forward to seeing Bruce back in the gold and black & bringing some success across our club & enjoyment of cricket for everybody. Welcome back to Mackie Bruce.

Back