Seca - Sth East Ca 17/18

There will be no statement from the Executive because they never explain their rationale. They would have explained their logic to the clubs in their own convoluted way. It is up to the clubs and their reps to share the information and use forums like this to enlighten supporters and express their point of view.
The Executive treats Longy as a picnic competition, and is it any wonder that is how it is perceived.

I believe that this is part of a well designed plan to make the Longmuir competition irrelevant and unattractive to local cricketers. For many years Longmuir took the limelight away from the turf competitions. Longmuir controlled junior cricket in the South East, so Turf Clubs were beholden to them which annoyed many of them. Now we have a new master plan from CV from cricket in the Southern region focusing on the Turf Competition. The Longmuir Executive has compliantly followed instructions and the restructure of Longmuir and the is draw is just another example. I know for a fact that a few senior people on the Executive were great believers in getting rid of 2 day games and just play one day matches every week. It made it easier for all concerned was their rationale.

The next step that will occur will be the forced merger of clubs to try and give some of the Turf clubs some breathing room. Who knows the decree may come from CV that some turf clubs takeover CMCA clubs. For example Moorabbin and Bentleigh Uniting and/or Mackie. Sound ludicrous now, agreed, however let's see what happens in 5-10 years.

The problem that CV faces is that local councils do not like or really support turf wickets on their grounds. They want soccer clubs; the more the better.

Interesting information Clocker and lets hope you are around in 5 - 10 years. I'm more interested in the present and the fixturing for this season. Interestingly as mentioned on SECA web site, the fixture sub committee state that - Quote '' key stakeholders of our comp, including the VMCU who we must align to '' the season will be structured. What is questionable is that the dates for VMCU model this season include Jan 6, Feb 24, and March 3 giving them a total of 20 playing days, so who are we aligning with ? Some of their comps also have 10 teams and play everyone once, and then 2 one dayers? Whats so hard with that? Lets hope that clubs get a discount on their affiliation fees for 3 less days of cricket. Whilst I understand and appreciate people who work on committees and in most instances they try to do their best, but this decision reeks of a tired and non productive committee short changing local cricket clubs.

Interesting information Clocker and lets hope you are around in 5 - 10 years. I'm more interested in the present and the fixturing for this season. Interestingly as mentioned on SECA web site, the fixture sub committee state that - Quote '' key stakeholders of our comp, including the VMCU who we must align to '' the season will be structured. What is questionable is that the dates for VMCU model this season include Jan 6, Feb 24, and March 3 giving them a total of 20 playing days, so who are we aligning with ? Some of their comps also have 10 teams and play everyone once, and then 2 one dayers? Whats so hard with that? Lets hope that clubs get a discount on their affiliation fees for 3 less days of cricket. Whilst I understand and appreciate people who work on committees and in most instances they try to do their best, but this decision reeks of a tired and non productive committee short changing local cricket clubs.
Yeh agreed 8, 10, 12 team divs whatever.. mergers, new comps whatever.. just give me a full season of cricket!
not that bothered about having Jan 6th off but should at the very least have a 10th round feb 25/Mar 3. Would then play every team in a two day game.

I see the SECA are up to their regular '' lack of information '' relating to the fixtures from Quiney downwards. Also, no information on what grades clubs will be playing in, it would be useful to know just 3 weeks away from the start of the season.

Adam Howard from Elwood has moved to Chelsea Heights, any other moves known?
A leading umpire coaching Moorabbin Subbies, word is he still intends to umpire in SECA. Would like to know how that's going to work ? Bentleigh U picking up an interstate player. ESBC trying to lure gun player from opposition with$$$$$$$$$$. ANA struggling for numbers. A young gun returns to WB. The machine could lose one of their imports to WPCC. More to come later.

Has Moorabbin actually ever achieved anything in the Subbies? The whole notion of Sub District cricket is a fraud unless they have a genuine relegation promotion system. WPCC pinching players, geez nothing changes over 2 decades. Any wonder home clubs lock away their cutlery when they play them.
With respect to the Royals, they are the Chautauqua of SECA cricket. They start slow, all doom and gloom then come with a wet sail.
They looked down and out last year and yet managed to survive the Woolnough noose.

Has Moorabbin actually ever achieved anything in the Subbies? The whole notion of Sub District cricket is a fraud unless they have a genuine relegation promotion system. WPCC pinching players, geez nothing changes over 2 decades. Any wonder home clubs lock away their cutlery when they play them.
With respect to the Royals, they are the Chautauqua of SECA cricket. They start slow, all doom and gloom then come with a wet sail.
They looked down and out last year and yet managed to survive the Woolnough noose.

You obviously can't be serious, ANA only survived because of 1 vote, also if the Exec had have completed the 10 team process fairly for all teams then the 3 down 1 up should have applied.

You obviously can't be serious, ANA only survived because of 1 vote, also if the Exec had have completed the 10 team process fairly for all teams then the 3 down 1 up should have applied.
They finished with 4 wins, 3 points behind the Spiders, 4 points behind Le Page, 5 points behind West Bentleigh and 6 points behind Elwood. The Hoops have been struggling for a number of years having made the finals once in the past 6 years. Granted they won the Woolnough flag, but let's be honest, the standard in Woolnough is average at best. No doubt the pressure will be on the Royals next year, so wait and see.

That's the general point Clocker, the process is and was flawed from the time the SECA advised clubs IN January. They should have kept it the same 1 up 1 down, then give the clubs a full season to plan and then implement the 10 grade system. Typical AD/HOC decision process. Funny comment about Woolnough as well, most umpires have said that Hoops would be more than competitive with the likes of the bottom 5 or 6 that have been perennial lower teams. Even the ANA blokes at the GF apparently were resigned to the fact they were going down and were barracking for Wash-ups. That would be a first ANA barracking for the Sharks. Anyway. Lets also hope that the umpires pick up more than a few quality newbies, for heaven sake they need them and Woolnough should get 2 as well.

That's the general point Clocker, the process is and was flawed from the time the SECA advised clubs IN January. They should have kept it the same 1 up 1 down, then give the clubs a full season to plan and then implement the 10 grade system. Typical AD/HOC decision process. Funny comment about Woolnough as well, most umpires have said that Hoops would be more than competitive with the likes of the bottom 5 or 6 that have been perennial lower teams. Even the ANA blokes at the GF apparently were resigned to the fact they were going down and were barracking for Wash-ups. That would be a first ANA barracking for the Sharks. Anyway. Lets also hope that the umpires pick up more than a few quality newbies, for heaven sake they need them and Woolnough should get 2 as well.
Reduction in playing days means reduction in pay days!
Few umps are looking elsewhere. CSB now also paying umps straight in to their bank accounts and invoicing clubs..

Few umps are looking elsewhere. CSB now also paying umps straight in to their bank accounts and invoicing clubs..
Yes Troy I also heard this rumour and that's the last thing SECA need is umpires looking elsewhere. There seems to be some friction within the umpire fraternity [ which is nothing new ] but recent meetings to discuss possible change in leadership and committee caused quite a stir with threats of walk-outs etc if a certain change or acceptance of positions were passed. Stay tuned.

Troy, how good is the new CSB comp, just had a look and they are interviewing all the reps from their clubs for the upcoming season. Magnificent idea and in only their second season are so far in front of the SECA its not funny. I think my club is up next, great idea. No wonder blokes are leaving to play in CSB.

Troy, how good is the new CSB comp, just had a look and they are interviewing all the reps from their clubs for the upcoming season. Magnificent idea and in only their second season are so far in front of the SECA its not funny. I think my club is up next, great idea. No wonder blokes are leaving to play in CSB.
Done a great job with the CSB..
I must admit I have moved this season to a CSB club after a long time in the CMCA/SECA.
CSB simply offering a better competition.

Troy, over the weekend I heard that the SECA and CSB are close to announcing an alignment which is under the new Cricket Vic Pathway System. Not sure on why or how an alignment would improve anything other than under the paid administrator from CV. CSB moving on in leaps and bounds, SECA stalling and tired.

They wouldn't put up with what happened at the Grand Final last year, ES might have been hit hard as the CSB won't put up with that shit.

Troy, over the weekend I heard that the SECA and CSB are close to announcing an alignment which is under the new Cricket Vic Pathway System. Not sure on why or how an alignment would improve anything other than under the paid administrator from CV. CSB moving on in leaps and bounds, SECA stalling and tired.
It would certainly be nice to see all cricket in the southern Bayside area work together as one.. for the good of everyone that includes subbies, premier, CSB, Seca etc

It would certainly be nice to see all cricket in the southern Bayside area work together as one.. for the good of everyone that includes subbies, premier, CSB, Seca etc

It is a bit like wishing for world peace. Great sentiment, but the reality there are far too many empires at stake. Clearly the focus of the new cricket vision is focused on turf competitions. They have hit the ground running with some new and innovative ideas; i.e. Season Club video launches. The old VTCA South competition which was a joke, is now flourishing; but for how long?

There is a stench of death about SECA, which is a real shame because for 40 years it has been an extremely popular and followed competition.

It is a bit like wishing for world peace. Great sentiment, but the reality there are far too many empires at stake. Clearly the focus of the new cricket vision is focused on turf competitions. They have hit the ground running with some new and innovative ideas; i.e. Season Club video launches. The old VTCA South competition which was a joke, is now flourishing; but for how long?

There is a stench of death about SECA, which is a real shame because for 40 years it has been an extremely popular and followed competition.
How long, it will only get better. The vision is not just about turf, but all cricket in the area, including women.

How long, it will only get better. The vision is not just about turf, but all cricket in the area, including women.
At the moment CSB is very much like when '' Quality Assurance '' was first implemented, great in principle but died a slow death due to accountability [ or lack of it ] as a process is only as good as the people who oversee it. Interesting comments once again by Clocker '' stench of death '' SECA have a monumental load of issues in their own backyard to get right, but continue to try and drive change under the CV model at a rapid pace. How interesting is that an example of this is lying down and expecting clubs to provide a 3 metre boundary line from their existing fences as per the new insurances. Are CSB under those changes as yet, geez you wouldn't be putting your hand up if you were a spin bowler on some grounds with a reduction of 3 metres.

At the moment CSB is very much like when '' Quality Assurance '' was first implemented, great in principle but died a slow death due to accountability [ or lack of it ] as a process is only as good as the people who oversee it. Interesting comments once again by Clocker '' stench of death '' SECA have a monumental load of issues in their own backyard to get right, but continue to try and drive change under the CV model at a rapid pace. How interesting is that an example of this is lying down and expecting clubs to provide a 3 metre boundary line from their existing fences as per the new insurances. Are CSB under those changes as yet, geez you wouldn't be putting your hand up if you were a spin bowler on some grounds with a reduction of 3 metres.
CSB had those changes last year and Subbies this year. It is only if there is a fence or hard structure and is for insurance purposes.

Back