Seca - Sth East Ca 17/18

Lets not worry too much about Ormond, Moorabbin and other Subbies clubs who are struggling. We have the Knights Awards tonight and my tip would be pretty obvious with Tomlinson a clear winner followed by '' take a pick '' with Hutley, Dilranga, Bell, Cody, Clarke, Martyn, Quarmby, Dabra, DeHaan, Ferdinand. Woolnough Player of the year out of - Dawkins '' 2 to 1 fav at the moment, each way bets after that would be Pothitos, John, Forbes, Beckett, Clements Alles, O'Grady. Best of luck to all the players, see you tonight. This weeks game reviews will be up later after getting the goss tonight. I forgot to mention the p..s week effort by SECA to publicise this event, nothing on FB, nothing on their pathetic web site, an absolute joke. Maybe this would improve if they join CSB ??????????????????????

The SECA would have no problems running their own comp as they are at the moment but they do need to be more innovative and progressive. I'm doubtful that by just aligning themselves under this new proposal that it would be the case. The top man was spruiking the proposal on the Radio coverage at last weekends finals by glossing over things but without too much substance. Interestingly there were not too many SECA people in favour of it if you believe the conversations over the weekend.
100% correct. There are too many of life's prefects on the Executive.

SECA are now pretty much the odd one out. ECA and DDCA are pretty much play on although CV are now trying to push BHRDCA and RDCA into a single entity with the ECA, not sure how that's travelling. North/West are all being pulled into a single zone. The whole thing is driven by CV wanting to have their Regional Head of each zone being the single point of contact with local councils, for SECA being Port Phillip, Kingston and Glen Eira. Subbies aren't the elephant in the room, they aren't in the room. They had agates to turn around to CV and say, no thanks, our clubs don't want to change the model. Ormond just missed finals, Moorabbin had their best year in a while, it's not all doom and gloom as some make it out to be.

With potentially 34 teams, the Subbies are the elephant in the room. CV is clueless about how to restructure the game.Regional heads to deal with councils? How typical. More interested in bureaucrats than the betterment of the game. Cricket Australia has been the bastion of the self absorbed self important bureaucrats that have put their needs first and foremost.

With potentially 34 teams, the Subbies are the elephant in the room. CV is clueless about how to restructure the game.Regional heads to deal with councils? How typical. More interested in bureaucrats than the betterment of the game. Cricket Australia has been the bastion of the self absorbed self important bureaucrats that have put their needs first and foremost.
If subbies were fair dinkum they'd have 3 divisions with up and downs , but no stuck in the old world.

Couldn't agree more. CV may, or may not, have good intentions but not for the first time their execution is flawed. If it ain't broke...

Suggest if you want to talk Subbies and CV on SECA GF weekend then go to their forums.
Great weekend for SECA cricket with the weather being kind and big crowds expected in the top two Divisions. Union have been a blessing for the comp with a rapid rise over the 3 seasons having to win Woolly twice and then setting themselves up early in Longmuir for a tilt at the title. East Sandy are a very solid team but have lost their aura that they once had, they plan really well and this game has created allot of interest with the two top teams playing off. Both teams have match winners and I think it will boil down to who of those get the job done, but I'm also impressed with the 2 young players that Sandy have in the middle order, plus the two that Union have as well one of which played a significant role in helping them get to the big dance last week. Tip - UNION to continue on and get the 3 peat. Woolnough - Omega were stitched up by an admin issue and lost 2 games, they then played some really good cricket which was perhaps driven by that resolve to stick it up SECA, to make the GF is a mighty effort and well deserved. The boys from the Heath are just that, good young team and play with a bit of spunk and its worked at every challenge this season to finish on top. A very hard game to tip but I'm going with OMEGA as they appear to be bit more experienced. Best of luck to all clubs competing over the weekend, also remember to support the hosting clubs and don't bring your eskies.

They are playing the Woolnough final at Mackie and a D Grade final at Hurlingham. Would have thought the reverse would have applied.
Mackie was deemed in better condition than Hurlingham, that's why they got it. I've also heard as late as last night that Quiney GF has been relocated to LePage ????

Playing 3 consecutive weekends of finals is a huge ask for part time players. Can't go past the golfers and East Sandy.

The top 4 in CSB would smash Ormond and Moorabbin.
Well not Top 4 as Iv you see the ladder in CSB top grade big difference in points between 1st and 4th on the ladder maybe Top 3 this year and next season Top 4 after Bentleigh recover from there Premiership hangover.
Plus dont be surprised if Trapahi and his mates leave at Seasons end for a club in the western suburbs as that's where most there 1st X1 live and traveling has taken its toll on some of its players .
Mind you there top players looked a million dollars against McKinnon in the last match but after Mueller went thru them like melted butter proved they were on making up the numbers in the end.

Well its done and dusted, congrats to Sandy for their win over the Hoops, it was an entertaining final with ups and downs throughout. Hoops just didn't get enough runs on the board but were a bit stiff with an early decision for LBW against the Sandy Gun which if it had of gone in their favour then things may have been different. Sandy find ways of putting pressure on and they did that well when it counted. Omega took all before them as I predicted and thoroughly deserve their win, now they will have to win it again next season to be promoted, but they are probably a good bet to do so. I'll entertain myself by suggesting that Lucifer just sticks to his or her own comp [ previous posts ] above and don't bore us with stupid and immature comments about DDCA and his comic book heroes.

Back