Senior Division 10/11

Agree with all bar Will CY's - think Greenvale will start well. Also, how impressive did St Bernards two Poms look? I might change that prediction, definite top 4 potential with those two.

was a great game at south and I wouldn't say they are gone by any means. a few pick ups and some very handy overseas players.
baker looks set for a big year. was in great touch .

Agree with all bar Will CY's - think Greenvale will start well. Also, how impressive did St Bernards two Poms look? I might change that prediction, definite top 4 potential with those two.

some very interesting results from the weekend !! very early days to make predictions on top 4 as the cream always rises to the top !!

Hearing lots of noise out of APW that a couple of their "guns" are on the lookout for other oportunities for next season? Might make for interesting times ahead.

Nice to see the ladder looking different than in previous years. Some new Clubs to the Division seems to be shaking things up a bit - still early days of course.

On another note, I hear on the grapevine that at the Presidents meeting in a couple of weeks, the VTCA will be looking for a vote on re-doing the fixture after Xmas to make them all one day games! Could be just rumor and hope that this is the case.

When you look at it, there has been a result in every round (except those teams who drew in Rd 2) and with the make up round on the 19th, this will be the case again, so in fact, there has not been any cricket missed.

I would be disappointed if the VTCA were strong to change the draw. How could you justify playing all one day games then having a four day final? Further, is it fair on Clubs who have started well, to allow other clubs to play catch up? Perhaps those on the VTCA who have an alliance to the North are worried that there may not be any North representation come March?

Nice to see the ladder looking different than in previous years. Some new Clubs to the Division seems to be shaking things up a bit - still early days of course.

On another note, I hear on the grapevine that at the Presidents meeting in a couple of weeks, the VTCA will be looking for a vote on re-doing the fixture after Xmas to make them all one day games! Could be just rumor and hope that this is the case.

When you look at it, there has been a result in every round (except those teams who drew in Rd 2) and with the make up round on the 19th, this will be the case again, so in fact, there has not been any cricket missed.

I would be disappointed if the VTCA were strong to change the draw. How could you justify playing all one day games then having a four day final? Further, is it fair on Clubs who have started well, to allow other clubs to play catch up? Perhaps those on the VTCA who have an alliance to the North are worried that there may not be any North representation come March?

Not sure where you get your information from lifemember, however I was talking to a member of the Exec. at the under 21's yesterday and he was saying that with the catch up day on the 19th that the fixture at this point in time, in principle, had not been compromised, and there was no need for change.
He did say that at their last meeting a number of options had been discussed if another full round was to be lost, and these would an agenda item for discussion with Presidents at their meeting to canvas opinions and gain concensus on moving forward if that was to be the case.

As I said Sniffin, just a rumor I had heard - cannot confirm that this is the case (ie: that a vote will be taken). As you'll see Sniffin, I also said that with the catch up day, no cricket had been missed (save for those teams who didn't play in Rd 2). Let's hope that the next two weeks we can all play two days of cricket!

Southern, not sure about Bentleigh as flag favourites - still a lot of cricket to be played. Yarraville only one game out of the four, Sth Caulfield going very well (will be a big game for Sth & Bentliegh this round), Spotswood look strong and of course St Bernards and Airport West are right up there.

With plenty of cricket to be played, the season is still very much alive - now just bring on two day cricket!

Well I hear he was a no show against Bentleigh yesterday SS.
Far from the truth he was unavailable due to wedding and had to leave early
So the club made the decision we couldn't play with 10 due to the importance of the game which is always the policy in the 1st xi
He will be back against Royal Park come the first game after christmas

Far from the truth he was unavailable due to wedding and had to leave early
So the club made the decision we couldn't play with 10 due to the importance of the game which is always the policy in the 1st xi
He will be back against Royal Park come the first game after christmas

no he won't, off to green gully

Back