Senior Division 10/11

Having YC at 6 for 131 with what would be considered all the recognised batsmen out one would have thought South should have taken the game but let yet another semi against YC slip away.... Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!

Wandered down to watch a few overs and it seeemed like there were some words being exchanged both on field and off between supporters and players alike.

south always find a way to lose in semis i would have got half those runs on my own if i was playing

its finals cricket no wonder south cant win one too worried about whats going on behind the fence
Fair point, but it could be argued that his season was by then over. The clown made sure he stood immediately adjacent to the gate leading from the ground as the players came off. It could easily have turned very ugly indeed. Under the circumstances, I thought the bloke from South Caulfield showed remarkable restraint.

Fair point, but it could be argued that his season was by then over. The clown made sure he stood immediately adjacent to the gate leading from the ground as the players came off. It could easily have turned very ugly indeed. Under the circumstances, I thought the bloke from South Caulfield showed remarkable restraint.

there's always one that has a skinful and makes a fool of himself. i was on the opposite side to where the players left the field. Was he sitting with the playing group? There was one further round on the hill a bit earlier in the day I could hear...

there's always one that has a skinful and makes a fool of himself. i was on the opposite side to where the players left the field. Was he sitting with the playing group? There was one further round on the hill a bit earlier in the day I could hear...

Yes, he was sitting with the playing group, near the scorers.

thats unfortunate. In a close game like that bet the scorers were real impressed! Last thing the would have needed was distractions like that!

Quite so. The pressure was really on the scorers. The young lady scoring for Yarraville admitted she was in a bit of a tizz, but she and her South Caulfield counterpart did a marvellous job. A most underrated, taxing and vital aspect of the game.

i get bagged all the time who cares go play lawn bowls if you cant cop some lip from behind the fence i always let my bat do the talking

Looking forward to a great four days of cricket coming up! Both sides have wonderful batting depth, with a number of players (from either side) capable of getting BIG scores! I'm going with the experience of Yarraville to get them across the line, with O'Keefe to lead all scorers.

Also, I thought I'd have a go at naming a Senior Division team of the year for 2010/2011... a lot tougher than I expected it to be!

Joel POPE (South Caulfield CC)
Karl TURNER (Spotswood CC)
Nathan HAWKES (St Bernards OCCC)
Michael O'KEEFE (Yarraville Club CC)
+Peter ROACH (Bentleigh CC)
*Adam CONTESSA (Royal Park/Brunswick CC)
Luke MACUMBER (Airport West/St Christophers CC)
Adrian McINNES (Bentleigh CC)
Jonathan FAWCETT (Royal Park/Brunswick CC)
Steven OOSTERHOF (Yarraville Club CC)
Anthony CLARKE-BRUCE (South Caulfield CC)

+ = wicket-keeper
* = captain

Side selected based on relevant batting positions where possible. Thoughts and feedback (and other attempts) welcomed!

Looking forward to a great four days of cricket coming up! Both sides have wonderful batting depth, with a number of players (from either side) capable of getting BIG scores! I'm going with the experience of Yarraville to get them across the line, with O'Keefe to lead all scorers.

Also, I thought I'd have a go at naming a Senior Division team of the year for 2010/2011... a lot tougher than I expected it to be!

Joel POPE (South Caulfield CC)
Karl TURNER (Spotswood CC)
Nathan HAWKES (St Bernards OCCC)
Michael O'KEEFE (Yarraville Club CC)
+Peter ROACH (Bentleigh CC)
*Adam CONTESSA (Royal Park/Brunswick CC)
Luke MACUMBER (Airport West/St Christophers CC)
Adrian McINNES (Bentleigh CC)
Jonathan FAWCETT (Royal Park/Brunswick CC)
Steven OOSTERHOF (Yarraville Club CC)
Anthony CLARKE-BRUCE (South Caulfield CC)

+ = wicket-keeper
* = captain

Side selected based on relevant batting positions where possible. Thoughts and feedback (and other attempts) welcomed!

South skipper Anthony Grey has to be a chance with two tons with one in the semi against YC

South skipper Anthony Grey has to be a chance with two tons with one in the semi against YC

How are the rest of us meant to know that Sledge if they don't put their scores up?

The Rest of them (Pope, Russell, Dowling etc) must not have got many if he got a ton. Well done though, classy player. Between him and Clarke-Bruce they would be delighted with their efforts. Just a shame the other Poms who were doing so well (Kerrigan, Caunce) didn't stick around.

How are the rest of us meant to know that Sledge if they don't put their scores up?

The Rest of them (Pope, Russell, Dowling etc) must not have got many if he got a ton. Well done though, classy player. Between him and Clarke-Bruce they would be delighted with their efforts. Just a shame the other Poms who were doing so well (Kerrigan, Caunce) didn't stick around.

yes pretty pathetic not putting the scores up.i believe both poms were injured

gillygilly what doin you have no idea , your sides chithouce only 2 players from yccc . should be 4 at worst rararararararararara , no idea ya mug .

gillygilly what doin you have no idea , your sides chithouce only 2 players from yccc . should be 4 at worst rararararararararara , no idea ya mug .

Feedback appreciated bruccccche... as I said, it was quite difficult, and it was an endeavour to pick the best side (in batting order) based on 2010/2011 form. I am intrigued to see how your best team of 2010/2011 would look...

So does anyone know if there have been security guards employed for this weekends grand finals , we would hate a reapeat of last year . any thoughts

It's funny you should mention that. There is a record of such activities occuring at this same GF venue, in a game involving Bentleigh, about twenty years ago.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great game. Won't be able to see the first Saturday, because of other cricket commitments elsewhere, but I'm hoping to attend the other three days.

I've been away from VTCA cricket for about nine years, and I'm astounded at the level at which it's now played. I saw the second day of the Bentleigh V St Bernards game and was not quite so impressed by St Bernards' standard. As posted earlier, I then caught the last 45 minutes of the semi between South Caulfield and Yarraville. This was cricket of tremendous quality, played by remarkably fit and skilled athletes.

I'm just hoping the weather doesn't intervene, as it has nearly all season.

Feedback appreciated bruccccche... as I said, it was quite difficult, and it was an endeavour to pick the best side (in batting order) based on 2010/2011 form. I am intrigued to see how your best team of 2010/2011 would look...

I appreciated your well thought effort, though I'd think Adrian McInnes would be flattered by his batting position. The biggest urgers are usually the ones who have the least to constructively contribute.

Back