Senior Division 10/11

I didn't like Roach walking off the field after the game, leaving his players out in the middle to shake hands. His two quicks had bowled their absolute hearts out for his side. Great effort by McIness and Street.

Congrats to Yarraville. Thought theyd thrown it away with OKeefe, Ion and Smart all getting out hooking. But Murphy and Meehan were as calm as you like, showed guts and got through. Roach will be remembering the dropped catch with 5 or 6 to get, as will Dikana who dropped Ion twice.

Otherwise, great game, great weather, two best sides and a terrific weekend's play.

I didn't like Roach walking off the field after the game, leaving his players out in the middle to shake hands. His two quicks had bowled their absolute hearts out for his side. Great effort by McIness and Street.

Congrats to Yarraville. Thought theyd thrown it away with OKeefe, Ion and Smart all getting out hooking. But Murphy and Meehan were as calm as you like, showed guts and got through. Roach will be remembering the dropped catch with 5 or 6 to get, as will Dikana who dropped Ion twice.

Otherwise, great game, great weather, two best sides and a terrific weekend's play.

catches win matches.... Murphy and meehan batted with patience.... And pressure on players showed... Roach walked off at drinks and spat it in the rooms and left the field after the game. Then refused to say something when the vtca rep gave him the opportunity.... Finally made a speech after being awarded man of the match! Hmmmm...

catches win matches.... Murphy and meehan batted with patience.... And pressure on players showed... Roach walked off at drinks and spat it in the rooms and left the field after the game. Then refused to say something when the vtca rep gave him the opportunity.... Finally made a speech after being awarded man of the match! Hmmmm...

Well done to Y/Club. They just know how to win dont they. Probably their worst home and away season in a long time, but they came good when it mattered. If they didnt win the last round (when they again won 9 down in last over) they wouldnt have even made it. Okeefe again on fire in finals.
Can someone talk us through this dropped catch of Roach?

I wouldn't be too harsh on Roach, word is it was his last game of cricket and he would have been bitterly disappointed losing the game. He did return from the rooms a few minutes later and virtually ran after the Yarraville boys to shake their hands.

The dropped catch was a sharp chance off Meehan, should have been taken I suppose, but again, Roach had spend virtually the whole match on the field and most of the Bentleigh boys looked spent by the end of yesterdays play.

YC just knew how to win, but had some luck. Bentleigh dropped 5 catches in total, which is not good enough. Also Ion smashed the cover off one late Saturday arvo, but was given not out.

All in all, a great game of competitive cricket, in which either team would have been unlucky to lose. But in the end the class and superior depth of YC got them over the line.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Roach, word is it was his last game of cricket and he would have been bitterly disappointed losing the game. He did return from the rooms a few minutes later and virtually ran after the Yarraville boys to shake their hands.

The dropped catch was a sharp chance off Meehan, should have been taken I suppose, but again, Roach had spend virtually the whole match on the field and most of the Bentleigh boys looked spent by the end of yesterdays play.

YC just knew how to win, but had some luck. Bentleigh dropped 5 catches in total, which is not good enough. Also Ion smashed the cover off one late Saturday arvo, but was given not out.

All in all, a great game of competitive cricket, in which either team would have been unlucky to lose. But in the end the class and superior depth of YC got them over the line.

Well if you wont be to harsh I will be. Regardless of the result Roaches actions were disgraceful. Sure he got an excellent not out ton however to storm off the ground like a school girl after the loss was deplorable. HIs side had given their all and to see the looks on all the players faces after the loss was shattering for them and then to watch them as they looked at each other while their leader sooked in the rooms was disapointing to say the least not for "wheres the rope roach" but for the players. Be honest the catch he dropped was a soda and it hit him on the wrist. Then to say his side didnt know how to win? well pal you don't know how to catch. In any team sport win lose or draw you as the leader of the group must stand there and take it no matter how much it hurts because the players are feeling the same. Loosing captains cop the flack and the accolades but when they leave their players behind and put themselves first smacks of selfishness. Roach the club you coach and the players from that club deserved better from a so called leader. Heres a tip when the tears dry up ropey and the bruise on your wrist fades go take up golf and sook to your little hearts content. Bentleigh and YCCC players should be commended on a great spectacle but not you ropey..

Well if you wont be to harsh I will be. Regardless of the result Roaches actions were disgraceful. Sure he got an excellent not out ton however to storm off the ground like a school girl after the loss was deplorable. HIs side had given their all and to see the looks on all the players faces after the loss was shattering for them and then to watch them as they looked at each other while their leader sooked in the rooms was disapointing to say the least not for "wheres the rope roach" but for the players. Be honest the catch he dropped was a soda and it hit him on the wrist. Then to say his side didnt know how to win? well pal you don't know how to catch. In any team sport win lose or draw you as the leader of the group must stand there and take it no matter how much it hurts because the players are feeling the same. Loosing captains cop the flack and the accolades but when they leave their players behind and put themselves first smacks of selfishness. Roach the club you coach and the players from that club deserved better from a so called leader. Heres a tip when the tears dry up ropey and the bruise on your wrist fades go take up golf and sook to your little hearts content. Bentleigh and YCCC players should be commended on a great spectacle but not you ropey..

great post - couldnt have said it any better!! that was the worst sportsmanship that i have ever seen and did someone say he played for victoria at some stage? he should be ashamed of himself as im sure his team mates would have been! Only came out to accept his best in final medal otherwise he wasnt gonna come out of the rooms at all. $hite way to finish a great game of cricket!

A great game of cricket where nobody deserved to lose. I believe Roach had to go to the toilet and came straight back out. Whatever people think of Roach you would have to feel for him after his great ton and then he drops a simple chance, anyone would be devestated by that. What a great advertisement for four day finals, Senior, South and South A all went down to the wire. Just imagine if they were two days, all divisions would have been decided by rain last week. The CMCA final was over by 2pm on day two with only 130 runs on day one on a hard wicket.
Congrats must go to Murrumbeena for their hosting of the final and for serving up one of the best decks ever. The only problem was that the beer wasn't cold enough.

A great game of cricket where nobody deserved to lose. I believe Roach had to go to the toilet and came straight back out. Whatever people think of Roach you would have to feel for him after his great ton and then he drops a simple chance, anyone would be devestated by that. What a great advertisement for four day finals, Senior, South and South A all went down to the wire. Just imagine if they were two days, all divisions would have been decided by rain last week. The CMCA final was over by 2pm on day two with only 130 runs on day one on a hard wicket.
Congrats must go to Murrumbeena for their hosting of the final and for serving up one of the best decks ever. The only problem was that the beer wasn't cold enough.

A unrination break may be an excuse for his post game behaviour but his behaviour during the final drinks break, leaving the fieeld and letting loose in the rooms (from all accounts) is unnacceptable from someone with the experience of Roach. Not exactly setting a good example for his players at the time when they were in with a massive chance of rolling the reigning premiers.

we all have. And unfortunately his was on the day when the crowd was at its biggest. But hey the 2010/11 season is done and dusted, premers are celebrating, losers and comiserating. All with the same result... A massive hangover tomorrow!

you should always shake the other teams hands when the game is finished,he did drop the premiership with that pie he put down but still no excuse
you cant expect me to believe he needed to go to the toilet southern,maybe he should wear a nappie next time

you should always shake the other teams hands when the game is finished,he did drop the premiership with that pie he put down but still no excuse
you cant expect me to believe he needed to go to the toilet southern,maybe he should wear a nappie next time

Typical response,how do you know he didn't need to go

Roach's actions were deplorable. What was equally as bad was the piss head supporter at the northern end yelling abuse to him as he walked off in shame. Know your place champ....

Roach's actions were deplorable. What was equally as bad was the piss head supporter at the northern end yelling abuse to him as he walked off in shame. Know your place champ....

I must admit that what has been posted on here about Roach has been of some concern. I was hoping to get to the final day, but was too knackered to drive 120 km, at 2.15 PM, from the game I was scoring in South Gippsland. If it's of any interest, I'll attempt to obtain a Bentleigh view of what happened on the day. Not trying to justify what may have occured, but I think it would only be fair to hear both sides of the story, from those who might be best-placed to know. Obviously, this would not be a subject to broach just now. (See what I've done here?):)

Because I have respect for this board, I'll attempt to give any info. I can. Also, I think it incumbent upon me to address accusations of bad sportsmanship directed at a club with which I've been involved for the past 43 years.

Despite the stunning accomplishment by YC to win yet another GF, they should jettison the drunken clown who ruins games of cricket. They can make up the lost subs elsewhere, in all probability, over their bar.

A question i will put forward before the season ends is the points system being reduced from 49 to 46 points as suggested by the VTCA at the beginning of the season
if this is this case clubs who are offering ridiculous amounts of money (HC) may need to rethink there strategy to safeguard the loyal

Haha... how hypocritical . worry about your own backyard first. How many clubs would offer a Coach 20k, and give another bloke 25k to captain. thats ridiculous.

Cant wait next next year when two of your own "loyal" players line up against you. Hope D Brown only makes 150 runs next year, cos as long as it all comes in one innings against APW, the 25K hoppers are giving him will be worth it.

. What a great advertisement for four day finals, Senior, South and South A all went down to the wire. Just imagine if they were two days, all divisions would have been decided by rain last week. The CMCA final was over by 2pm on day two with only 130 runs on day one on a hard wicket.

Interesting extrapolation of stats to suit your hypothesis SS. I am sure if I could be bothered I could look through some GF results and find games that were as boring as batpoo because they were 4 day GFs. Would they have been more itneresting games of cricket if they a 2 day game - who knows? A 2 day 80 over a day GF with 2 spare days available to ensure 160 have been completed would have seen results - in a match more reflective of what we actually play throughout the year

Interesting extrapolation of stats to suit your hypothesis SS. I am sure if I could be bothered I could look through some GF results and find games that were as boring as batpoo because they were 4 day GFs. Would they have been more itneresting games of cricket if they a 2 day game - who knows? A 2 day 80 over a day GF with 2 spare days available to ensure 160 have been completed would have seen results - in a match more reflective of what we actually play throughout the year

Its hard enough to get grounds rat, i couldn't see to many councils agreeing to keep grounds open for a second week when they might not be used. What a wordsmith you are rat.

Back