Senior Division 13/14

2 massive games this week that I believe will have a big say in where these teams might finish.
Bentleigh v Greenvale and Yarraville v South Caulfield

Interesting both teams promoted had losses - trend from the South (OMs, Bentleigh, Beauy) had been that team making it through to the GF in their 1st season. But Brighton may struggle without Bacon and his 50 wickets. Also Sledge think you may have missed OM's above - they'll be in and around the 4

Interesting both teams promoted had losses - trend from the South (OMs, Bentleigh, Beauy) had been that team making it through to the GF in their 1st season. But Brighton may struggle without Bacon and his 50 wickets. Also Sledge think you may have missed OM's above - they'll be in and around the 4
Never said they wouldn't, I was just mentioning this weeks 2 big games

Out of curiosity... does anyone know what testing the VTCA App went through before it was released? It is practically useless! There are errors and issues all the way through it and functionality is non existent on some pages. I have just uninstalled it. What is the point of releasing a half finished dodgy app? Maybe just for exposure for sponsors? I can get better information by visiting the vtca website using a browser on my phone or using the MyCricket App!

Not surprised at OMs result, I saw it at 3-55 or so, but their strength has always been batting right through the order. Think they'll nab the points with a strong total on the board now.

Was going to head down to Bentleigh, but didn't end up going, was it a flat track or just very good batting? Only losing 6 wickets in a day is impressive.

-- On the seconds, noticed that some bloke from Strathmore made 199 and got run out. Very stiff

Was going to head down to Bentleigh, but didn't end up going, was it a flat track or just very good batting? Only losing 6 wickets in a day is impressive.

I would say a combo of both. Judging by the scores in Round 1 where Bentleigh 2nds scored 3-181 in 40 overs only to be knocked off by Keilors 5-198, the wicket must be a decent one. Outfield is pretty quick as well from what I hear.
Greenvales strength is in their batting and not necessarily their bowling, so Bentleigh will need everyone of the 290 they scored on Saturday.

Not surprised at OMs result, I saw it at 3-55 or so, but their strength has always been batting right through the order. Think they'll nab the points with a strong total on the board now.

-- On the seconds, noticed that some bloke from Strathmore made 199 and got run out. Very stiff

OMs top order has always been shaky, lower order gets them out of trouble consistently. Don't count out Cockbain/Hewett/Hignett/Salmon to get close if not win.

Bentleigh smoky to win it this year.
What's the deal at hoppers? Rolled one week, then smashing keilor the next..

Hence why I said I wasn't surprised.
Even though Banksia is a road, OMs still favourite to defend that score I'd think, they play good defensive cricket. As you said those guns in the top 5 will need to get going

Yet to see Bentleigh, but on paper looking good at the moment, hoping to catch them in the next couple of weeks

Anyone know what sort of fines on offer for clubs not having their scores on by Wed evening?
Airport West, Brighton , Beauy in Senior, Keilor Park, Tullamarine in North, Port Melb, Chelsea, Clayton in South...not good enough in our top grades and a poor reflection on the comp. Every other comp has 95% of teams on by Monday night

really?? surely there are more important things to worry about?? especially given that the main score is in there mid round do we have to have all the bowlers stats etc done??

really?? surely there are more important things to worry about?? especially given that the main score is in there mid round do we have to have all the bowlers stats etc done??
considering there is a live scoreing app, id say no excuse for scores not up.

pay a bloke $1k for the year to do it. most of these clubs are spending 40k plus on players.

Surely you don't even need the live scoring app given the abundance of smart phones around these days. It might be a bit more fiddly but it gets the job done. Surely it something that should be the responsibility of either the captain or scorer if the club has no-one dedicated to the role of putting scores on. Would eliminate match report paperwork if captains reports were so loaded straight in rather than captains filling them out in duplicate then loading it in (considering half the information collected is redundant these days)

^ I'm sure there'd be plenty of kids around the cricket club who'd happily do it if there clubs did something like this. Good way to bring kids into the community

Back