Senior Division 13/14

Even with no rain today (and there has already been some) we would have been no chance of getting a roller near our deck until at least this afternoon. And we have our own (part-time) curator. Goodness knows how much work would get done late on a Friday afternoon on council prepared decks

A few emotional responses from the Spotswood lads...FYI Eastern is also off & called early...
Not sure what you mean by Spotty lads?? Not too sure there are any on here, apart from me?
On the discussion of under prepared wickets, its strange how you can turn up to a game and say the wicket is no good (wet/damp etc) and not play. I think it may be time for bowlers to turn up after Xmas and take one look at the roads we will see and say " sorry guys, the wicket is too flat, I'm going home" :p

Not sure what you mean by Spotty lads?? Not too sure there are any on here, apart from me?
On the discussion of under prepared wickets, its strange how you can turn up to a game and say the wicket is no good (wet/damp etc) and not play. I think it may be time for bowlers to turn up after Xmas and take one look at the roads we will see and say " sorry guys, the wicket is too flat, I'm going home" :p

Here here!
Bloody batsmens game

Week one of this game common sense prevails as previously stated most of you will be sooking if you lost the toss true ???
Considering I've retired, nope. Wouldn't bothered me in the slightest.

Looks like decent enough weather at the moment, had the grade not been called off I'd suspect decks would and could have been prepared... you play cricket to play, not to be called off mid-week. (but that's just my opinion)

And that will be 2 weeks in a row for the Dandy comp

Firstly I don't play for parky anymore. But I don't understand your gripe with them?? That ground is a terrible draining ground trust me I played footy many times with water around my ankles this winter and the wind blew the covers up and water got on the pitch. Anyways mate it's surely time to move on!

anybody from Bentleigh want to explain your Captains decision to have 8 on the boundary for the last 8 overs. Once the BD skipper was out they were never going to get even close. Didn't he want the bonus points?

Anyway looks a race in 3 at the top Greenvale (Brown and the Sri Lankan), South Caulfield (phenomenal batting lineup) and OM’s always a danger, looks like there will be a few teams fighting it out for 4th spot. Any surprises so far? Beauy down so low are probably the main underachievers…

Back