Senior Division 13/14

Interesting directive from subbies notifying clubs to put their covers down Tuesday after training as the majority of rain this week is going to fall on Wednesday. Could the vtca take a similar stance? I can't think of a reason that would justify not following it. Or maybe games will just be called off on Thursday again... I'm sure many would appreciate the proactive directive and it's not too much to ask of clubs considering they will be at training or playing a t20 tomorrow night anyway!

Well done Battler, its only Monday night ffs. The Subbies comp is a lot smaller than the VTCA as well and as so is easier to manage. I'm sure our competition will do the right thing.

Well done Battler, its only Monday night ffs. The Subbies comp is a lot smaller than the VTCA as well and as so is easier to manage. I'm sure our competition will do the right thing.

Covers going down in the ddca as well looks like the vtca are the only ones that don't care about playing cricket.

I am aware it was Monday at time of posting but I was talking in relation to rain forecast on Wednesday. Last time it rained Wednesday and not Thursday, Friday or Saturday the comp was called off on Thursday afternoon. I just don't see a difference between getting clubs to put covers down on Tuesday after training compared to Thursday.

Interesting directive from subbies notifying clubs to put their covers down Tuesday after training as the majority of rain this week is going to fall on Wednesday. Could the vtca take a similar stance? I can't think of a reason that would justify not following it. Or maybe games will just be called off on Thursday again... I'm sure many would appreciate the proactive directive and it's not too much to ask of clubs considering they will be at training or playing a t20 tomorrow night anyway!

Covers going down in the ddca as well looks like the vtca are the only ones that don't care about playing cricket.
Back in your box boys. Edict already advised by vtca. Cheers.

I am aware it was Monday at time of posting but I was talking in relation to rain forecast on Wednesday. Last time it rained Wednesday and not Thursday, Friday or Saturday the comp was called off on Thursday afternoon. I just don't see a difference between getting clubs to put covers down on Tuesday after training compared to Thursday.

It's not as if it's difficult to do. Get the lads, once finished training, to quickly run onto the ground... takes maybe 5 minutes... Common sense really

Rumour has it, Southern Sledge is being booted from South Caulfield because he is in cahoots with another Senior VTCA club sponsor,,,,,,

As a current South Caulfield person around the club 4 times a week - this is the 1st I've heard of your statement.
Care to elaborate - seeing you think you know more than me about my club...

Besides finding club legend G.Turner and my lack of fitness which now makes me wear a moo moo I hear on the grapevine that there will be a further 3 point reduction on the player points cap next season. If true what are people's thoughts?

Back