Senior Division 2011/2012

Interesting to note Yarraville /APW clash scheduled at Yarraville again for the 4th year in a row??? I'm sure the boys from APW would love the opportunity to host the premier VTCA club at least once on home soil maybe VTCA will take note next season????
Maybe they are recieving a sling.Can people tell me how that grub character is performing this year on and off the field,as the only info we recieve up on the farm is when the future son in law (Rubble Patcholi) visits.

All any club asks for is equal opportunity whether it be week to week or season to season ????
And thats fair enough, i don't know how it works that you can play the same team away for several years. The six home and five away reversed every year is fair enough, but i would think it wouldn't be easy to do the fixtures for such a massive competition.

Has VTCA Senior Division ever come across a spinner as dominant as Hoppers Crossing's Fawad Ahmed? 45 wickets @ just over 8, including 6 five-wicket hauls and two consecutive 8 fa's.

Considering Senior Division has been dominated by batsmen and flatter wickets for the past few seasons, it is a remarkable feat. I had a look back through resultsvault and Daisy's 45 in 09/10 is the highest in Senior, and that was with 2 x finals. It's staggering to think there's still a minimum of 3 innings, maximum of 6-8 innings this guy could bowl in to take more wickets.

A couple of the bigger seasons - Perera (Heatherton leggie) took 65 @ 9 in 2009/10, Stevie Brne took 60 in a year (one for each of the clubs hes represented since), England spinner Samit Patel took 57 for St Albans from something like 300 overs. So this guy needs 21 to break Perera's record from the last decade. Should do it in round 11!

Willy CYs incredible victory has brought about 2 very big scenarios next weekend. They have given themselves a small sniff at avoiding relegation. If they can defeat RPB and gain some big bonus points, and hope St Bernards are kept to a loss, they may be a chance. But more incredibly, it’s come down to Hoppers vs Airport West for the Darrel Brown cup. Winner of this goes into 4th spot. Hoppers had lost 1 game for the year, but will be ruing their loss to the bottom placed Airport West. For Darrel, who would have thought it would come down to playing against his former team, to take Hoppers into finals in their first year in Senior. If he does, it will be a fantastic effort for the club.

Yarraville, Spotty and Beauy should all win and cement the top 3, meaning we could potentially see a Yarraville vs Hoppers semi, featuring the leggie against the brilliant Yarraville bats. What a showcase for the VTCA.

He was held back at afternoon tea as the previous week he was too full to bowl. He was nearly unplayable at times, mixed in with some poor batting and too many LB's for the game.

How can you have too many LB's, if they are out then they have to be given, can't put a number on how many LB's can be given in a game!

Back