Senior Division 2011/2012

i watched my old team in the semi and we were to good for hoppers even without me in the side. i dont needa play anymore i just sit back and drink there cheap piss but some catches were dropped in gully that i would have taken with my eyes shut and nearly cost them the game - i always played with my eyes shut only way to play. so grub has asked me to go to training tonight and take them for some spechalist catching practice and i told him ill do anything for 10 dimmys and a 6 pack of udls

this one seems all but over. beaumaris will have to pull somethin out of the bag tomorrow to get back in the game. thoughts??
No thoughts other than to agree completely. It was interesting that Yarraville Club scored almost 200 on the Saturday, but lost nine wickets doing so. They wouldn't want to lose all their wickets again in 80 overs or so again, as that might just open the door a tiny little bit. I suspect they will bat slower, and more carefully, tomorrow.

No thoughts other than to agree completely. It was interesting that Yarraville Club scored almost 200 on the Saturday, but lost nine wickets doing so. They wouldn't want to lose all their wickets again in 80 overs or so again, as that might just open the door a tiny little bit. I suspect they will bat slower, and more carefully, tomorrow.
I agree that Yarraville will go on and win, but I don't think they'll be slower or more careful, its the way they play, agressive cricket and I'm sure Ion won't slow down, if its there he will smack it and I think will probably put the game out of Beauy's reach by tea.

Maybe. Last weekend there was a 100+ partnership in a score of 205. I guess Beauy will be hoping to get early wickets again (YCCC were 3/47 last week) and then keep going taking wickets. Can't see it happening myself, but I would like the game to go into the fourth day, to give me something to watch...

Well YCCC certainly didn't put the game out of reach by tea. In fact, at 8/135 Beaumaris were looking at a target of not much more than 200 - but then the renowned Yarravile tail took over and added 40-odd runs, Now with a lead of 250 and a couple of wickets in the bank YCCC are well placed. The Beena ground has seen four (or more) 300+ scores in an 80 over innings this season, so if Beauy can grab these two wickets quickly it's not impossible, but I am not certain that this is a typical Beena wicket, and the outfield seems a little slower than normal.

My money remains on Yarraville.

There is more chance of lightning striking than Beauy batting 80 overs in its current form. Their depth is terrible, numbers 7-8 were park standard and unless Hewett got 75% of the runs, no chance. Very dissapointing for a senior Div final.

There is more chance of lightning striking than Beauy batting 80 overs in its current form. Their depth is terrible, numbers 7-8 were park standard and unless Hewett got 75% of the runs, no chance. Very dissapointing for a senior Div final.
Yes, sadly the batting of Beaumaris looked well short of Senior Division standard in this game. Yarraville Club batted for a further maybe 14 overs, with the ninth-wicket partnership extending to nearly 80. Needing 290 to win in 60-something overs, Beauy were all out for 119. Hewitt lasted two balls. The big hope seemed to be Beshara who hit a fairly rapid 28 as an opener before running himself out. Very easy win in the end to YCCC, worthy premiers.

I believe man of the match was Matt Murphy who batted very well in the potentially match-saving ninth-wicket partnership, and then took 5-for in Beauy's second dig.

i watched my old team in the semi and we were to good for hoppers even without me in the side. i dont needa play anymore i just sit back and drink there cheap piss but some catches were dropped in gully that i would have taken with my eyes shut and nearly cost them the game - i always played with my eyes shut only way to play. so grub has asked me to go to training tonight and take them for some spechalist catching practice and i told him ill do anything for 10 dimmys and a 6 pack of udls
Dean my daughter is missing you when are you heading back to the farm.?Good to see you still following Yccc after grub sacked you haha also good to see mumbles taylor and 5 houses turner supporting the boys on Sunday ,time to sober up before trip away these medals sound like cow bells around my Gregory peck

Any thoughts on the Team of the Season. Pretty well represented with a broad spectrum of clubs. My only query would be the Keepers position Meehan (Yarraville) vs Pope (South Caulfield).
Stats would suggest Popey was unlucky.. 331 runs @ 27.60 including a 100 against Ahmed against Meehan's 144 runs @ 14.40.
Pope 14 catches & 3 stumpings, Meehan 22 catches & 2 stumpings.
Lastly congrats to Yarraville again - the ultra consistant side in the comp.
And to Ahmed on a great season - I'll be picking up the sunday paper to see how he is going plying his craft at premier cricket next season.

Back