Shane Warne to return to International Cricket??

Ljp86

Staff member
Shane Warne to return to International Cricket??

Shane Warne has not ruled out returning to the Australian side should the Aussies have trouble filling the spinner's role in the eleven for the 2009 Ashes. Warne retired from international cricket last January but has been dominating the IPL series as captain of the Rajasthan Royals and has a total of 18 wickets so far.

"If Australia really needed me and there was no one else around, and Ricky thought I could do the job, you would weigh up the options,"

Warne would consider return to test cricket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retired two years too early in my opinion. Warne is 38 years old but he still has it despite quitting international cricket almost 18 months ago. I feel he could still be playing for Australia and playing well had he not retired.

On the other hand, maybe he just really likes beating England. :D

Re: Shane Warne to return to International Cricket??

SouthSwans;218378 said:
Come back Warney!!

yep, i would love to see him against england instead of macgill. Knowing macgill he'll probably get injured ruling himself out for the ashes anyway.

i can't believe i have heard so many people against this, there would be nothing better than warne ending up dominating the poms once again

Never pray for someone to be injured but it wouldn't be the end of the world if MacGill was injured and the Warne came back. One last time......

Dunno. If no one else puts their hand up then yeah maybe, no doubt he could do a good job. We need to find a permenant replacement though.

Shane Warne has snuffed out any hope of returning to international cricket after stating he is not interested in replacing Stuart MacGill following MacGill's retirement from international duties.

"I'm very happily retired, I'm comfortable where I am at the moment. "I actually said I was happily retired and if Stuart MacGill broke his leg - which he hasn't, he's retired - and there was no other spinner in Australia and if Ricky Ponting asked me, I'd consider it," Warne said. "If that's coming back out of retirement, I'm not sure. I don't think it is."

Warne is off to the USA in August for a Poker tournament.

Warne not interested in returning

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's probably about as much proof as you'll need. He'll only play again if our spinners suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth.

it wont happen i herd something from the boss of the aus cricket say he wont return

Back