Shaun Tait

marco93

Shaun Tait

I was just wondering every ones opinion on whether shaun tait chucks the ball in a sense or does he just cock his wrist. my dad and always have different opinions about his action i think its his wrist and he thinks he chucks the ball. so all opinions would be appreciated.

Re: Shaun Tait

He dosen't chuck it otherwise he wouldn't be playing by now.

One thing he needs to do is work on his accuracy.

His elbow may be bent slightly but as long as its not past 15 degrees then its fine unless you are Murali or Johan Botha.

He played well last night, great bowling BUT not the best accuracy, but I am sure he can improve that.

Dylza94;311830 said:
His elbow may be bent slightly but as long as its not past 15 degrees then its fine unless you are Murali or Johan Botha.

haha, apparently if you bowl right arm offspin you are immune to the throwing law.

He slings the ball from a low angle considering how tall he is.

Definitely no chucking.

Accuracy AND fitness need improving.

No, he doesn't chuck. But his long-term future could be under a cloud with his action, so much pressure put on his body.
How could he re-model himself if he has to? Some of the greats have though so we don't know.

I don't think he chucks. It is the speed that he brings his arm through that provides the slight whip as his elbow comes through before his wrist.

Does he straighten a bent elbow in his delivery action? A: Yes
Does it bend 15%? A: No
Therefore, does he chuck? A: No, not under current laws of the game.

Under the laws Ian Meckiff played then he probably would be chucking. But he doesn't play, and never has played, under those rules. So he doesn't chuck.

A physio mate of mine tells me that the elbow injuries he suffers from are usually caused by violent twisting coupled with straightening of the elbow. This would indicate that his elbow does straghten in delivery, but not much.

There are much more suspect actions going around. Tait's is fine.

Unless you are only bowling at 120-130kmh the fast bowlers world wide will always have a slight straightening of the arm.

All you need to look at is Tait's action in super slow motion. he does bend his elbow but it straightens before he releases if you look at the point of release it is very similar to that of many other bowlers.

Back