Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

Sainter;175999 said:
They are gone.

Looks like Karramomus might edge closer to CP-St Brendans this year.
The Shepparton & Youth Club thing appears to be doomed. Merged for the wrong reasons. Pity once very strong clubs.

My early season ladder:

CP-St Brendans
Karramomus
Old Students
Mooroopna
Kialla
Katandra
Numurkah
Tatura
S&YC United

Any chance of Brad Lowe and Jeremy Mullane returning to Mooroopna after a year or 2 in the KDCA?

Centre 2 Leg;176438 said:
Looks like Karramomus might edge closer to CP-St Brendans this year.
The Shepparton & Youth Club thing appears to be doomed. Merged for the wrong reasons. Pity once very strong clubs.

My early season ladder:

CP-St Brendans
Karramomus
Old Students
Mooroopna
Kialla
Katandra
Numurkah
Tatura
S&YC United

Any chance of Brad Lowe and Jeremy Mullane returning to Mooroopna after a year or 2 in the KDCA?

If Numurkah have picked up new imports would have thought they would finish higher up the ladder.

I reckon katandra may finish equal last with SYC.

The big question will be can anyone up set the apple cart at the mickas?????:)

Sainter;176569 said:
If Numurkah have picked up new imports would have thought they would finish higher up the ladder.

I reckon katandra may finish equal last with SYC.

The big question will be can anyone up set the apple cart at the mickas?????:)

Agreed Numurkah should improve, also cant see Katandra moving away from the bottom 2.

Karra are the only side who has really improved so I think they are the only side likely to upset the mickas.

SYC/United have also lost Paul Marshall apparently so the question will be how many others may now also look to move on?

Todays News said that Paul Marshall has joined Mooroopna. Who will United be relying on now?

Any chance of Brad & Blake Campbell to pull on the whites/colours in the SCA?

Centre 2 Leg;176788 said:
Todays News said that Paul Marshall has joined Mooroopna. Who will United be relying on now?

Any chance of Brad & Blake Campbell to pull on the whites/colours in the SCA?

Dont know what United will do now, I believe Vidler is now the captain, it will be a tough ask unless Hazelman and Kick play regularly which hasnt happened over the last couple of seasons.

Unlikely that the Campbells will play, Brad is a bit busy family wise while Blake has a couple of businesses on the go.

The rumour was that Blake was going to play at United last season and the coming season but I think that is unlikely now.

Old Hopper;176791 said:
Dont know what United will do now, I believe Vidler is now the captain, it will be a tough ask unless Hazelman and Kick play regularly which hasnt happened over the last couple of seasons.

Unlikely that the Campbells will play, Brad is a bit busy family wise while Blake has a couple of businesses on the go.

The rumour was that Blake was going to play at United last season and the coming season but I think that is unlikely now.

Those Campbells are freaks. Their whole family would have to be one of the most gifted sporting families in the G.V.

Kicky would not play A grade at any other club (barring katandra) unless he committed himself.

As much as i hate to say it we could see another team drop out of A grade in the coming seasons. I don't think too many players around shepp would be that willing to leave their club to join United.

Is Greg Sidebottom still associated with the club?? He is a true warrior on any committe!!!!

Looking at the O.S. line up from last season they will def need another consistent bowler and prominent bat to get near the mickas.

I reckon Karra will give the mickas a real shake this year.

The way the A grade is going, how long until a GV cricket comp is started. The KDCA seems to be struggling for top teams aswell. Something like:

3 or 4 Shepp Teams, Mooroopna, Tatura, Kyabram, Fire Brigade, Numurkah

Centre 2 Leg;178301 said:
The way the A grade is going, how long until a GV cricket comp is started. The KDCA seems to be struggling for top teams aswell. Something like:

3 or 4 Shepp Teams, Mooroopna, Tatura, Kyabram, Fire Brigade, Numurkah

I think it will happen, how long it takes is anyones guess. The only point I wouldnt bank on is the KDCA sides coming this way. It will be interesting to see if they choose to come to Shepp or go towards Echuca.

I think at the moment they would be more likely to head to Echuca as the Campaspe and KDCA comps would be similar standards. Although I think Campaspe is probably a touch stronger now.

The KDCA had the oppurtunity to merge its A Grade comp with Campapse several years ago and Campaspe were all for it, but the KDCA clubs pulled out. Then before last season the KDCA clubs were keen but Campaspe said no.

The KDCA has a long proud history and that has got in the way when discussions regarding mergers have taken place. Unfortunately that is now hurting the comp.

Either way it will leave a lot of small district clubs such as Stanhope, Rushy, Cooma etc in the middle of nowhere.

Old Hopper;178660 said:
I think it will happen, how long it takes is anyones guess. The only point I wouldnt bank on is the KDCA sides coming this way. It will be interesting to see if they choose to come to Shepp or go towards Echuca.

I think at the moment they would be more likely to head to Echuca as the Campaspe and KDCA comps would be similar standards. Although I think Campaspe is probably a touch stronger now.

The KDCA had the oppurtunity to merge its A Grade comp with Campapse several years ago and Campaspe were all for it, but the KDCA clubs pulled out. Then before last season the KDCA clubs were keen but Campaspe said no.

The KDCA has a long proud history and that has got in the way when discussions regarding mergers have taken place. Unfortunately that is now hurting the comp.

Either way it will leave a lot of small district clubs such as Stanhope, Rushy, Cooma etc in the middle of nowhere.

I would like to see the comps stay on their own, gives the smaller clubs a chance. Local cricket needs a bit of a spark to keep it strong. Twenty 20 has provided a bit of this.

The E Grade comp has it good with all 1 dayers and 40 overs. I would personally like to see the higher grades start at 12.30 to relax the over rate a little and allow for a bit of a longer drink break of tea interval. Just seems to be a big rush at times!

Well the season is well underway and quite typical predictions other than Katandra. The question would have to be asked, can they maintain their form for the entire season. From what i can see is that they are relying very heavily on Cam Dudgeon who has certainly stepped up an notch as a quality alrounder in the premier grade.

What a cracker few weeks Kane Hoskins has had - 154 and 114 no. Must be wrapped he made the move to Vibert Reserve!!!!!!!

Glenn Hart has come back in fine fashion, showing how dominate the mickas will be again this year. They will blow any side away with there batting line up. Doesn't matter how old Grumpy Kenna gets and how slow he bowls if the opposition have to chase down 300 + each week!!!!!

Expect SYC to become marginally more competitive in the coming weeks. Bryan Vance has been away on Footy Trips and various other activities other than cricket for the last few weeks. even though he didn't do much last round expect alot more in the coming weeks!!!! The kid is a freak sportsman!!!

Numurkah could have really cememted their place in the top 4 last week, but in typical style got done when the pressure was on and really needed to win.

Old Students should get stronger in coming weeks with the return of Michel, Mathers, Wren and some form from Matt Crawley.

Anyone else got any insights??

Sainter;197199 said:
Doesn't anyone in shepp know about this site????

Doesnt look like it, which surprises me considering how popular bigfooty is

The Jackal has been promoting this thread on BigFooty so I thought that we better have an update.

The word around the traps lately has been that Chris Earl wasnt happy at Old Students following the outright loss to Katandra and that he was all but signed up at Kialla. His absense from Old Students lineup over the last few rounds gave a bit of weight to the rumor.

However I see he lined up in the 20/20 during the week, maybe it depends on who is captain?

Old Hopper;199172 said:
The Jackal has been promoting this thread on BigFooty so I thought that we better have an update.

The word around the traps lately has been that Chris Earl wasnt happy at Old Students following the outright loss to Katandra and that he was all but signed up at Kialla. His absense from Old Students lineup over the last few rounds gave a bit of weight to the rumor.

However I see he lined up in the 20/20 during the week, maybe it depends on who is captain?

That is very surprising as it's pretty common knowledge that Chris Earl is a big clubman and would give the shirt off his back for Old Students.

I can understand why he would be pi$$ed losing outright to anyone especially to Katandra!!!!!

Could Gino Saracino be asked to step down for next season???

Centre 2 Leg;208290 said:
Well guys this thread is dead. I think it's a bit harder to navigate to as well.

have to agree with you, any ideas where we could get an active forum going for the SCA?

Predictions for this weeks Grandfinals:

A Grade - Mickas easily
B Grade - Mooroopna
C Grade - Students
D Grade - Kialla West (Toolamba)
E Grade - Mickas

Its the middle of the silly season.

Here is what I know/heard.

Old Students have appointed Brent Mathers, hopefully his appointment will get Chris Earl back on board.

Tat have recruited Greg Stevens and Josh Rankin, Rankin has since been appointed captain.

Kialla are seemingly without a captain at the moment with Travis Frost indicating it is time for someone else, the question is who?

Ramadan Yze has been targetted by the Fire Brigade cricket club.

Also heard that Murchison were looking to rejoin Cricket Shepp.

The Gledhill boys have apparently signed at Katamitite in the Murray League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back