Shepparton Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shepparton Cricket Association

CatVictory;270897 said:
Old Hopper; My tips for the second round of matches this weekend are:

Mooroopna to beat Central Park/St Brendan's by 1 wicket
Tatura over Kialla (they will be the big improvers in my book along with Katandra)
Karramomus by plenty over Numurkah (will get rolled cheaply)
And, Andrew White to bowl Katandra to victory with a five-for over S&YCU

OK we have only differed by 1 selection, good luck to the cats would be good for the comp if they got up.

Yeah definately... Matt Knight should be a massive inclusion and without Sam Ahmet playing for the Micca's, top order might be vulnerable!

Well no huge surprises from week 2

CP/StB continue to power on, interesting to read Larkos comment that people believe that their bowling is their weak spot. I think he may have misunderstood what people think. Compared to their batting I think even Larko would agree that their bowling is not as strong. However I dont think anyone would ever suggest their bowling attack is weak. Grumpy keeps taking big bags of wickets while at the other end Ramma gives you nothing. While the rest of the attack consistently puts the ball in the right areas.

Tatura probably disapointed a little bit but I did think it would be close and a 10 run defeat is no disgrace.

the other results were as expected.

Its good to hear that the 1 dayers will revert back to 12.30 this week, the change to 1pm caused a bit of confusion and the extra half hour will help.

What does everyone think of the leg side wide rule? My thoughts are its Ok for A grade but far to harsh for the lower grades. Even the umpires dont like it.

Old Hopper;272010 said:
... Its good to hear that the 1 dayers will revert back to 12.30 this week, the change to 1pm caused a bit of confusion and the extra half hour will help.

What does everyone think of the leg side wide rule? My thoughts are its Ok for A grade but far to harsh for the lower grades. Even the umpires dont like it.

Well its fair i think Old Hopper... It is a rule with the Big boys why shouldn't it be a rule for us. it is a skill that the bowlers need to master.

You were right there were no big surprises, however Mooroopna's poor effort would be a shock to some...Oh and btw... keep your eyes on the Mpna line up for this week.. Might make for interesting reading! :rolleyes:

:cool:

CatVictory;272304 said:
Well its fair i think Old Hopper... It is a rule with the Big boys why shouldn't it be a rule for us. it is a skill that the bowlers need to master.

You were right there were no big surprises, however Mooroopna's poor effort would be a shock to some...Oh and btw... keep your eyes on the Mpna line up for this week.. Might make for interesting reading! :rolleyes:

:cool:

Its a fair point regarding the skill, but lets face it the vast majority in the lower grades are playing for fun and will always struggle with leg side wides, I just reckon it drags the day out to much.

So is it a big in that you are teasing us with Cat?? Or are heads going to roll following last weeks performance? :)

slog_4_6;272523 said:
does anyone have an opinion on how waaia will go in the 20/20 comp???

I think Waaia will go quite well, 20/20 is a bit hit and miss but if they bring their strongest side they will be more than competitive. They are consitently in the finals and always have players in the Murray Valley rep side.

Armstrong and Cleeland are very good players, I think Armstrong has already made 2 tons this season.

yeah he has!

just wondering what the rest of the guys think about a murray valley side in the comp?

do u think they will beat karramomus next week?

Old Hopper;272551 said:
Its a fair point regarding the skill, but lets face it the vast majority in the lower grades are playing for fun and will always struggle with leg side wides, I just reckon it drags the day out to much.

So is it a big in that you are teasing us with Cat?? Or are heads going to roll following last weeks performance? :)

Well... i refer you to MyCricket: Cricket Shepparton for you to have a look at yourself, Hopper. But I will make it easier for you No MASSIVE ins... some good ones and it will be v. interesting to see how they go against Kialla, although Kialla should win.

While on this weekend... interesting to note the miccas/united playing under lights at Deakin!! Great idea i think... wont make a difference to the result. Miccas by heaps.
Momus to get over Old Students, just.
While a very interesting match to be played in Tatura. Katandra to get over the line in the last over to make it 3 from 3 for Jedd Wright's men.

All the best for the weekend mate!

slog_4_6;272587 said:
yeah he has!

just wondering what the rest of the guys think about a murray valley side in the comp?

do u think they will beat karramomus next week?

Yes, I think they might slog... Armstrong will pepper the boundaries. Might be the first T20 hundred in the competition! :eek:

just so u guys know, Waaia are bringing a near full strength side to the 20/20 game, only Cleeland missing coz he's working.

i'm thinking they have a great chance of winning, but rumour has it armstrong will bat 5/6

slog_4_6;272710 said:
just so u guys know, Waaia are bringing a near full strength side to the 20/20 game, only Cleeland missing coz he's working.

i'm thinking they have a great chance of winning, but rumour has it armstrong will bat 5/6

Good to hear, should be an interesting game and I will pick Waaia

Mooroopna have made 7 changes!! Whats going on there?

My tips

Kialla over Mooroopna, purely based on the number of changes to Mooroopnas side.
Katandra will be red hot favorites, but I think I will tip Tatura in an upset.
Central park big winners over SSYC
Karra to sneek past Old Students.

Probably 3 of the 4 games could go either way.

yeah i think Waaia will go quite far in the competition, there's no one for them to really fear. they r quite suited to 20/20 cricket with the side they have

Winners were

Central Park
Karra
Tatura
Kialla

Will be interesting to see how many of the seven Mooroopna players who were unavailable get a game next round. Mooroopna performed very well considering.

Apparently the Tatura V Katandra game was a lively affair with a former Tatura player not happy with the welcome handed out to him. Also Doc Nolen may be sporting a broken hand following several blows from Greg Stevens. A great effort by Doc to continue batting.

Old Hopper;273352 said:
Winners were

Central Park
Karra
Tatura
Kialla

Will be interesting to see how many of the seven Mooroopna players who were unavailable get a game next round. Mooroopna performed very well considering.

Apparently the Tatura V Katandra game was a lively affair with a former Tatura player not happy with the welcome handed out to him. Also Doc Nolen may be sporting a broken hand following several blows from Greg Stevens. A great effort by Doc to continue batting.

Should make for a very interesting selection Hopper. All 4 other grades won and as far as I know all those captains will be putting up the 'No Change.' However, I do think there will be one... Rob Burgess in, Andrew Young out. Purely on the fact that Young is B-grade captain.

Also will be interesting to see the washup on that Tat-Kat game. If Nolen's out it will be interesting to see how Jedd Wright will go, and with Sam Wright about to concentrate on footy... well have we seen katndra at their best!!

Old Hopper;273352 said:
Winners were

Central Park
Karra
Tatura
Kialla

Yeah the Tat v Kat game got a bit firery. Tribunal hearing on wednesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back