Show us yer lunch box?

someblokecalleddave

Show us yer lunch box?

I've just read a thread relating to food and the importance of eating 5 portions of fruit/veg a day. Here's my lunch box - this is what I eat at lunch virtually every during the week. Some of the fruit/veg content changes in variety or might even not bother with the cheese sarny.

What do you reckon any good?

Re: Show us yer lunch box?

Great idea! my bag's all packed for today but I'll do it tomorrow.

Suffice to say, if you know me it's a lot.

Your lunch box looks cracking Dave.

Does look a good spread - nice colours in there as well.

I'll to admit that mine is poor, normally, just a chicken salad sandwich and fresh apple juice.

I don't really have lunch that much. I have breakfast in the morning(muesli, I love it) and generally have either a peperammi or a cereal bar at Break. Nothing for Lunch but when I get home I usually make sure I get my 5 a day.

Still, I should have some lunch I guess.

Is there any merit to the big breakfast and less during the day approach, as here in the UK it's still pretty normal that people get home from work in the evening and then eat a big meal?

thats a nice lunch but if there is one thing i can't even smell never mind eat it is tomatoes... i find them 2 sweet 2 eat

JonAd said:
Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, supper like a pauper?

Or do what I do. Breakfast like a king, snack like a king, lunch like a king, snack like a king and dinner like a king.

If I have time I'll snack like a king later on ;)

PS. Forgot to take pics, I'll see if I can do it tomorrow morning.

Sounds you're lucky enough to be able to burn it all off! Then again I imagine that you have quite an active job, probably far better than being stuck behind a desk for 7 hours a day.

OK here goes.

In total it is:

Home made chili and brown rice
Pecan encrusted salmon with spinach
Home made beefburger (94% lean) with mixed lettuce and walnuts
Home made tuna burger with steamed brocolli
Veg in the bag: 1 orange pepper, 1 medium sized carrot and a third of a cucumber chopped up

Not shown: green tea bags and 4 fish oil capsules.

Almost_Austwick said:
Sounds you're lucky enough to be able to burn it all off! Then again I imagine that you have quite an active job, probably far better than being stuck behind a desk for 7 hours a day.

Actually my'day' job is pretty inactive: 10 hours a day in front of a PC. I do try and make up for it though.

I had the image of you being on your feet all day :laugh:.

Looks a decent lunch there, how do you cook all the burgers?

It really is not fair... when I am not coaching or training others, I am working out; aerobics, pilates, conditioning TB&Ts, dance and swiss ball work... I eat far less than that and I am twice as big :eek:

OK, that may be a bit of an exaggeration but all I have to do is look at a bar bell and my thighs gain an inch. Thinking about chocolate cake has the same effect but then, everything gains an inch :D

Liz Ward said:
I eat far less than that and I am twice as big :eek:

You are 25 stone? ;)

I cook the burgers with the good old George Foreman Grill. 5 minutes and done.

Woah, my lunch is nothing like that. I have a ham roll with a pack of crisps and a chocolate bar....or two :p. I really don't have a good diet, and am considering improving it to help with my cricket. I eat a fair amount of junk food, but I only do it because I can get away with it. I normally start the day with a big bowl of cereal, normally Coco Pops or Corn Flakes, then I have something snacky at break at 6th form, then my lunch. I then normally come home and have a snack of some kind, I try and make it fruit though, be it an apple or a punnet of raspberries. Then I have tea which, tbh, is normally something and chips lol, I do have pasta fairly often aswell though, and I have steak twice a week. On a Sunday I have a roast, roast beef if i'm lucky. I'm not a fan of vegetables though, carrots liturally make me spew, hate the things, my roast dinner therefore consists of a load of meat, 5-6 yorkshire puds, a fair few roast potatoes and a some homemade mash, with no gravy.

I'm sure you'll agree that it's not the best of diets lol, especially the sunday roast, but I just am inable to put on weight until the cricket season starts when I am doing more consistent excercise and therefore have a higher appetite. So what would you reccomend I do to change my diet in a positive manner ? I'm not a fan of vegetables, as mentioned above, other than potatoes, and then I don't even like boiled potatoes. I can eat lettuce and cucumber and salady stuff but when it comes to normal veggies I cannot eat them, I've tried, but i cannot get them down. Any reccomendations ? Do I focus on the fruit side of things more ?

Back