Simon Jones might be joining Hants!

Simbazz

Simon Jones might be joining Hants!

The news it is that Hampshire are talking to the Welshman, what do you think?

Hampshire have a decent recovery record with injuries and saying that we dont have that many through a season, when we do, they are usually long ones.

I reckon its a good idea!

Re: Simon Jones might be joining Hants!

I have heard that it is because Glamorgan 'cannot afford him', I don't have any more details but I assume that a player of his calliber needs to be paid a lot and his medical fees will add to this. The lack of time he plays will not help to pay for what the club invest in him. It seems it is purely a financial decision and I believe the right one because he has not been bowling well this county season.

He needs biomechanical help with his action and fast. I hope Hampshire's bowling coach can provide it.

Lol, "his sort"? By that I mean his body and the injuries he may bring when/if he comes?

Maybe you'll get lucky and Hampshire will get a fresh, fit and raring to go Jones. Unlikely, but you never know.

I'd love it, if we got a fresh, 90mph bowling Jones, who didnt break down, but then again, im happy with a few niggles here and there, PLUS once we get him fit, get him a central contract, we're ok :p We just wont see him a lot but we do without KP pretty well :D

Indeed, Im American :) Living in Lancashire (Where my mother and family lives) And i support Hants :D

Wierd huh!

First ever game of cricket, Hampshire :) My grandad was working down in Southhampton, dragged me along, it stuck!

Oh and im Newcastle fan aswell :p

Not yet I don't think but I hope he does, it will benefit all those concerned apart from Glamorgan.

SIMON JONES last night told crisis club Glamorgan he wants to stay at Sophia Gardens.

The injury-ravaged England paceman – already a target for moneybags Hampshire – gave the beleaguered county a much-needed boost during contract talks.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0700...objectid=19757766&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Sounds like the deal is off, although it does say he needs money to stay on which is somehting that glamorgan cant afford.

I hope the deal isn't off and I hope Simon Jones doesn't get offered what he wants as he will be more suited to be playing at the Rose Bowl under Hanmpshire and with Hampshires record of quick injury recoveries it makes sense to me.

It seems that Jones will be joining Worcestershire, which I find a strange choice. I initially thought it said Warwickshire, which made sense.

Worcester may have the money but I don't think they'll be able to give him the limelight he needs, he would have been far better moving to Hampshire.

I can see where hes coming from, Worchester have a better seamers pitch, when it isnt under water :laugh:

The Hant's pitch is a spinners/lucky quick bowlers pitch, and i dont think Jones would suite it, but then again, i'd love him over at Hampshire we would offer far better injury-protection.

Either way, i dont believe he'll get back to the way he was in '05.

Back