Sir Viv Richards and Hoggy Sportsmen Night

cheer_cheer

Sir Viv Richards and Hoggy Sportsmen Night

Just letting everyone know about the upcoming Sportsmen's Night when we get the Wisden Top 5 cricketer of all time, including the best one day international player ever (imagine what he would do these days playing T20's !!) in Sir Vivian Richards coming down to Geelong for the evening. Joining him will be the very funny and provocative former Australian player Rodney Hogg. A good possibility that a current Geelong premiership player will also be in attendance. The night will take place on Friday 26th February 2010 at 7pm, at the Geelong Football Club (Fred Flanagan Room). Ticket prices will be $75 which includes a two course meal (drinks available at bar prices). There will be some very limited auction items on sale from the great Sir Viv, Hoggy and some GFC 09 premiership memorabilia. Tickets will be available from South Barwon Cricket Club shortly, so get your table of 10 together to ensure you are there to hear Viv's stories on some of his more memorable innings plus thoughts on the current state of the game, including the issues with West Indian cricket as he sees it. Not too be missed, and of great interest to all Big Cricket followers !!

Re: Sir Viv Richards and Hoggy Sportsmen Night

cheer_cheer;377942 said:
Just letting everyone know about the upcoming Sportsmen's Night when we get the Wisden Top 5 cricketer of all time, including the best one day international player ever (imagine what he would do these days playing T20's !!) in Sir Vivian Richards coming down to Geelong for the evening. Joining him will be the very funny and provocative former Australian player Rodney Hogg. A good possibility that a current Geelong premiership player will also be in attendance. The night will take place on Friday 26th February 2010 at 7pm, at the Geelong Football Club (Fred Flanagan Room). Ticket prices will be $75 which includes a two course meal (drinks available at bar prices). There will be some very limited auction items on sale from the great Sir Viv, Hoggy and some GFC 09 premiership memorabilia. Tickets will be available from South Barwon Cricket Club shortly, so get your table of 10 together to ensure you are there to hear Viv's stories on some of his more memorable innings plus thoughts on the current state of the game, including the issues with West Indian cricket as he sees it. Not too be missed, and of great interest to all Big Cricket followers !!

Are u trying to get us north blokes pissed on the day before we play u's in a 2 dayer

I Bowl Meat Pies;378212 said:
Are u trying to get us north blokes pissed on the day before we play u's in a 2 dayer

it wouldn't be that hard to encourage now would it ??

I don't drink on a friday before the game, but I think it would be worthwhile going to, without drinking. I daresay I'll be a big chance of attending, and causing a sobre ruckus.

ants14;378238 said:
I don't drink on a friday before the game, but I think it would be worthwhile going to, without drinking. I daresay I'll be a big chance of attending, and causing a sobre ruckus.

will be a few blokes in the same bucket as yourself Ants !! Cricket royalty will be in attendance, and there is not really a bigger name than Sir Viv from a world cricket point of view. I was more referring to the Meat Pies bowler who needs no encouragement from me for a few frothies !!

cheer_cheer;378323 said:
will be a few blokes in the same bucket as yourself Ants !! Cricket royalty will be in attendance, and there is not really a bigger name than Sir Viv from a world cricket point of view. I was more referring to the Meat Pies bowler who needs no encouragement from me for a few frothies !!
I do love a few frothies on a friday night.. ahh wat the hell i love a few frothies on any night

Guys, below is the link to the SBCC website and your chance to order tickets to this once in a life time event. Your cricket club will also receive notification and the opportunity to purchase some tickets or a table for the event. Tickets are selling fast, so you will want to get in soon as tickets are limited.

Cricket Victoria - South Barwon Cricket Club

Will be looking for all local cricket clubs that get a table to go into the draw for one of the clubs to get Sir Viv and Hoggy to sign a piece of memorabilia to go up into their rooms. Not sure what it will be yet but there will be something which will look fantastic on the wall of any club !!

cheer_cheer;383105 said:
Will be looking for all local cricket clubs that get a table to go into the draw for one of the clubs to get Sir Viv and Hoggy to sign a piece of memorabilia to go up into their rooms. Not sure what it will be yet but there will be something which will look fantastic on the wall of any club !!

Not sure if BPH are getting a table so you will have to put me on the South table with the lads. . . :D

Watching Closely;383170 said:
Not sure if BPH are getting a table so you will have to put me on the South table with the lads. . . :D

that is all you would need yourself can keep, Hoggy can bowl and Sir Viv could just smack the ball out of the ground everytime !!

cheer_cheer;383181 said:
that is all you would need yourself can keep, Hoggy can bowl and Sir Viv could just smack the ball out of the ground everytime !!

Seems i would be the only feilder in this game i would be fetching them off the moon i would think. . . :D:D:D

Watching Closely;383182 said:
Seems i would be the only feilder in this game i would be fetching them off the moon i would think. . . :D:D:D

I will be fielding at fine leg, so I can field all the clips off the legs or the ones that are to wide down leg side for you to take, which in my case these days is pretty much every ball down leg side!!

Guys, this is VERY VERY close to being a sell out. So, if you want tix to the event, you had better get in touch with the club ASAP. They will all be sold within a week.

SOLD OUT !!! Waiting list only now will be set up, unless we find more seats !! Will be a great night for those that jumped at the opportunity early enough.

Back