soccer: the anti-hero sport

T

timmyj51

soccer: the anti-hero sport

You become a sports hero in...

a baseball game by going 4 for 5 with 2 homers.
an American football game by rushing for a 150 yards and scoring 2 TDs.
a basketball game by scoring 40 points.
a cricket match by scoring 100 runs.
a soccer game by kicking one stinkin' ball into a fish net.

Re: soccer: the anti-hero sport

Yes but maybe its more than that. You do run alot and tend to weightleft in a downward spiral. Therefor its a fenesse thing. Couple that in with obvious plays and its quit attractive for the score. I played for a good 20 years and favoritism exsist. However it can aggravate. I mean to receive ball and redistribute it. This isn't quite as easy. Sure the big factor is movement and many outside pre-game things can occur. Especially build-ups to the actual match. But if the average ball moves 10 - 20 mph; you can only imagine miscalculations. Pros however could easily kick the ball around hundred miles per hour. So that is a factor.

Soccer can be so slow or appears to be. That only afew Strikers/Forwards average goal/assit per contest or every other match. That is something special and some will be average. While others could haul N' the powerball jackpots.

Goalies are a treat. Most players have the right skills but lack the full dynamics for shot blockers. You get a good goalie and its amazing the heights and lengths player will attempt saves. I always thought a track star would fit best here. Tripple jumper, long jumpers and high jumpers would solve some but even they might lack the judgement mindset for competitiveness.

Overall this sport carries some nasty baggage but if you read properly. Its quip can lighten the pockets of countries not even imaginable in most hoods...

Dont forget:

a hockey game when a player beats the heck out of the other team's goon and then scores 3 goals for a hat trick.

if i had my arms cut off...........soccer would be one of the first sports i'd look at playing

timmyj51;128794 said:

hockey match when you belt the suitcase out of three opponents in one fight:D :p

Back