Sorting out the VTCA forums...

mas cambios

Sorting out the VTCA forums...

Now, as I understand it there is some unrest amongst members in this section of the site due to what you consider to be heavy handed moderation, mainly when it comes to deleting accounts.

Whilst I back the policy in the interest of fairness and in light of the upcoming season, I would like to try and sort out the issue/s once and for all. To do this I need you guys to be honest with me and come clean with regards to all accounts that you own.

Posters having multiple accounts cause nothing but trouble, as that is what they are generally used for - whether it's to insult others, back themselves in arguments or just to be an arse etc.

It's safe to say that the VTCA has been and still is one of the worst areas for setting off the multiple account detector, something which needs to stop.

For the next 2/3 weeks I'm prepared to work with you, this means that you need to pm myself, LJP86 or one of the VTCA mods with details of what accounts you own and which one you'd like to keep. Nothing will be said and the matter will be considered as dealt with.

After this period anyone suspected of having multiple accounts will have a block put on all accounts. If you post from a location that is likely to have more than one Big Cricket user, then it is up to YOU to inform the board admin that this is the case.

This message in particular goes out to members of Yarraville who may have gotten the rough end of the stick due to one or two members going overboard with the account creation.

Re: Sorting out the VTCA forums...

mas cambios;359108 said:
Now, as I understand it there is some unrest amongst members in this section of the site due to what you consider to be heavy handed moderation, mainly when it comes to deleting accounts.

Whilst I back the policy in the interest of fairness and in light of the upcoming season, I would like to try and sort out the issue/s once and for all. To do this I need you guys to be honest with me and come clean with regards to all accounts that you own.

Posters having multiple accounts cause nothing but trouble, as that is what they are generally used for - whether it's to insult others, back themselves in arguments or just to be an arse etc.

It's safe to say that the VTCA has been and still is one of the worst areas for setting off the multiple account detector, something which needs to stop.

For the next 2/3 weeks I'm prepared to work with you, this means that you need to pm myself, LJP86 or one of the VTCA mods with details of what accounts you own and which one you'd like to keep. Nothing will be said and the matter will be considered as dealt with.

After this period anyone suspected of having multiple accounts will have a block put on all accounts. If you post from a location that is likely to have more than one Big Cricket user, then it is up to YOU to inform the board admin that this is the case.

This message in particular goes out to members of Yarraville who may have gotten the rough end of the stick due to one or two members going overboard with the account creation.

Mate the problem is you take the whole thing way to seriously, if you havent noticed the whole forum has died on its arse the last year due to no one being able to have a joke and take the piss. Lighten up, do you even know anything regarding the VTCA? I'M SURE THIS WILL BE DELETED ANYWAY SO NOT SURE WHY IM BOTHERING!!!

vivion;359153 said:
Mate the problem is you take the whole thing way to seriously, if you havent noticed the whole forum has died on its arse the last year due to no one being able to have a joke and take the piss. Lighten up, do you even know anything regarding the VTCA? I'M SURE THIS WILL BE DELETED ANYWAY SO NOT SURE WHY IM BOTHERING!!!

I agree vivion,i looked forward to the banter that went
on with vic police,oracle,millhouse,rubble,martyandmumbles taylor
etc i say more of it.:D

hey century scorer i believe that you would agree with viv ion because i think that you are all the characters that you wrote on your last post , just come clean and be honest . you were proberly just a fourths cricketer anyway.

I enjoy the banter as well but when it gets personal something has to be done. If you all use one account and stop the insults the board will operate better with more freedom.

vivion;359153 said:

Depends, do you really think it's fun when 'rubble' has something like 7 accounts? That half the names you mention in all reality are figments of someone's imagination?

Do I take it all too seriously, maybe or maybe not but I do know that a lot of you take it way too far. The insults go too far, language becomes coarse and abusive and the slightest change results in a barrage of lip time and time again.

I'll be perfectly honest here with you, I could care less about the club forums and the VTCA. This really is your last chance as a group to settle down and play by the rules. If things don't improve, the club area will be closed down and efforts put into other areas of the site.

you guys are 100 % right those guys doing that are wrong , why cant we just get on here and have some fun . i like banter as much as any one but the way certain members went on was just rediculas . have a good think about it boys .

Back