Sourav Ganguly Announces his Retirement

Do you think that Sourav's decision is right?

• Total voters

Hitterman

Sourav Ganguly Announces his Retirement

After a long controversy ,Finally former indian Captain Sourav Chandidas Ganguly has accounced his Retirement from Tests after the Aussie series.

What a bad news.

Re: Sourav Ganguly Announces his Retirement

It is the right decision. The selectors have been messing around a lot with him so its better that he has decided to go out on his terms rather than being dropped.
Sad news though. I enjoyed watching him bat.

Good as time as any to leave. If India win the series, he may well leave on a high, which isn't a bad way to go.

It firstly came as a shock to me, you know its kinda hard to digest such big changes. On the other hand, every Cricketer has an end to their career, and I think Ganguly chose just the right moment and the right time for his.

This is the time when he has got a lot of public support, and the selectors were indeed messing a lot up, especially in regards to him.

Good Bye Ganguly. We'll miss you dada! :)

I just want to say one thing to all selectors and Dada protesters "Go to Hell".
I am sure dada has taken this decision due to the Pressure on him.

AB;270387 said:
It is the right decision. The selectors have been messing around a lot with him so its better that he has decided to go out on his terms rather than being dropped.
Sad news though. I enjoyed watching him bat.

bout time. he was the most petrified batsman to play the game.:p

Hitterman;270567 said:
I just want to say one thing to all selectors and Dada protesters "Go to Hell".
I am sure dada has taken this decision due to the Pressure on him.
Yeah, he said that the decision to retire was prompted by his exclusion from the Irani trophy squad. I think that was really harsh of the selectors. Its sad that despite having proved himself over and over again, Dada was always under the scrutiny of the selectors since he lost the captaincy.

Sourav Ganguly not only made a comeback to the Indian team, he even recreated that magic with his bat, the magic that had made him one of India’s best batsmen of all time. He should not retire from the Cricket. I think he has a career again in the Cricket. He was a very powerful Captain of the Indian team.

In this current he has played well compared to the other indian batsmen and the century in Mohali has certainly taken a lot of pressure from his back and also the first Indian batsmen to score a century in this series will be a moral booster to carry on and end the series on a winning note for India.

Hitterman;270368 said:
After a long controversy ,Finally former indian Captain Sourav Chandidas Ganguly has announced his Retirement from Tests after the Aussie series.

What a bad news.
Listen, He can't be around forever. It's a good thing that he is going out on a high with his batting getting better and better.
Don't be to disappointed, I think you guys have got plenty of up and coming batsmen who will be able to replace him.
Chin up Hitters. :)

Yes,,it is good for him and for the team as well.
Because as it he was been judged for selection on basis of series after series...
So instead waiting for the call and playing under pressure that if i don't play then i will be replaced.

It is better he takes this call and play his last series with pride and without any pressure and leave the game with his head high...

After all he was India's most successfully captain...

I'm not happy of Sourov Ganguly's Retirement! He can play well but he stops !But i prefered he can get involve again with his cricket life....

Back