South A and B 09/10

Re: South A and B 09/10

underarm bowler;364378 said:
What is the difference between the 2 south forums????? Wouldn't South A & B fall under the Southern banner?

I know you're a bit slow Underarm, so i'll take my time explaining this... The VTCA now has 3 divisions in the Sth (Sth Div, Sth A and Sth B). To simply lump all South divisions under one Southern banner could cause confusion with the single new Sth Div.

It makes sense to do it like this, which is what I tried doing (separate Sth Div from Sth A & B) before the dictators that run this show locked my new thread.

southern sledge;364434 said:
Thank you SS, underarm must have been in hibernation for the last 6 months.

Do we really need seperate threads though, its becoming so cluttered. Why not just the 1 Thread for Senior and Senior A, one for North (all 3 divisions) and one for South (all 3 divisions).

Sorry Southern Son and .... it was brought to my attention last night at training that we had 3 southern divisions not the 2 i thought we had.
As for not having the fixtures ready 3 weeks out from the season, i realise its probably a tough gig but if the comp is serious about being the number 1 behind District its poor form.

Or at the very least with the changes to 7 one dayers and 7 2 dayers for some divisions, the dates for the rounds would help with planning social functions. Unless you are in senior division it doesn't matter who or where you are playing; as much anyway. Happy for the fixtures to be announced late, we'll flog whoever we play.

gib;364599 said:
Or at the very least with the changes to 7 one dayers and 7 2 dayers for some divisions, the dates for the rounds would help with planning social functions. Unless you are in senior division it doesn't matter who or where you are playing; as much anyway. Happy for the fixtures to be announced late, we'll flog whoever we play.

Agree, must be very frustrating for club administrators.

Fixtures wouldn't matter for the likes of Yarraville. I'm tipping their social calendar mostly involves a monthly group get-together to count the take on each of their poker machines. Airport West would be interesting. Gotta love lining up at their rooms on a Saturday night to spend an evening behind security bars. Must rekindle fond memories of Barwon for a few of them.:D

'We'll flog whover we play'... Very bullish attitude you have there Gib. Hope you can back it up

In South B1, South Yarra have left for the MCA (as previously mentioned). I have heard that RMIT will be the replacement team...not sure where they play but I'm presuming it's not in the south of Melbourne.

South B1 very open this year with both Grand Finalists going up and only Highett coming down...could be a good chance for a club that has been lingering in SB1 for too long.

Sad year for my beloved panthers with the retirement of the great Sven Samild. Has been a great clubman and hopefully stays involved at the club. After last years loss in the grand final has hit him hard and has decided to retire....All the best svenna.

cmon panther;367458 said:
Sad year for my beloved panthers with the retirement of the great Sven Samild. Has been a great clubman and hopefully stays involved at the club. After last years loss in the grand final has hit him hard and has decided to retire....All the best svenna.

Sad news down there at old mentonians shame they will miss his cricket trip stories......any truth to the rumour that tim litchfield has left the club also to concentrate on his music career???

the fountain;367718 said:
Sad news down there at old mentonians shame they will miss his cricket trip stories......any truth to the rumour that tim litchfield has left the club also to concentrate on his music career???

Have you picked up any players? Old Mentonians still the team to beat or does everyone think that Heatherton will do the double climb on the back of Bradman - Tendulkar Perera. Could well make 1500 runs if he plays all 14 rounds and 2 finals this season. He could have 1000 by Christmas.

WristSpin;368749 said:
heard that parkdale will have a decent side this year
anybody know who theyve picked up?

don't want to give to much away, but will say we got a pom (amateur) and two blokes who'll play firsts walked in and asked for a game. Handy players all three, so with all players (I think we played 48 blokes in the firsts last season) retained we'll be there abouts

TIGERS or PANTHERS to finish top 4?

Tigers appear to be missing a few. Noticed a significant change in bowling line up though. Who are those guys? Is Jones the chubby kid that bowls off the wrong foot and has one shot in the direction of cow corner?

Panthers: Good performance. Is Seeary still there?

Bowling attack looked the same on Saturday. Seeary, Young, Atkins, Dougherty. Who are the handy 3? Maybe Finn who started the year with 2 runs and 2 others that dont bat or bowl.

oldboys;370426 said:
Bowling attack looked the same on Saturday. Seeary, Young, Atkins, Dougherty. Who are the handy 3? Maybe Finn who started the year with 2 runs and 2 others that dont bat or bowl.

The Young your thinking did not play, look again. There's 1

Finn can play, may have missed out with the bat but no bye's on a tough deck & had clean hands all day. That's 2

The 3rd did not play this week in and out for the first few rounds, that'd be 3.

All handy, no superstars I'm afraid but a few more blokes to contribute should go along way.

hamstrung;370439 said:
The Young your thinking did not play, look again. There's 1

Ive rechecked mycricket and I see its N.Youngs at Parkdale. This also helps explian Mentones lack of bowlers.

Thanks Hamster.

Back