South A & B 2011/12

Whats the vibe on the fixture lads?
More 2 dayers I hope. I think Cricket Victoria needs to set the direction for all leagues including Vtca and Premier Cricket.
Have a look at the Vic squad....how many home grown batters in that line up...our batters need more time in the middle to craft skills...we need more longer cricket, and it starts with grass roots! What has happened to playing against those guys you just can't get out??? They certainly weren't playing in the last Ashes for Oz!

Not sure that the South A 10/11 fixture is responsible for not having any Victorian batsmen in the Ashes squad.

Standing in the field for 80-overs is not very attractive to the younger guys. I thought the fixture was perfect. More games of cricket, everyone plays each other twice and 50% of the teams play finals. It was just a shame that most of the two-day games got washed out.

I hope the fixture stays the same.

Not sure that the South A 10/11 fixture is responsible for not having any Victorian batsmen in the Ashes squad.

Standing in the field for 80-overs is not very attractive to the younger guys. I thought the fixture was perfect. More games of cricket, everyone plays each other twice and 50% of the teams play finals. It was just a shame that most of the two-day games got washed out.

I hope the fixture stays the same.

Local cricket in the uk is only one dayers and the english are doing just fine... its great rock up have a bat a bowl get a result get on the sauce bring on next week!! .... oh and repeat 26 times...

Fair points lads....guess I'm a bit jaded having not completed a 2 day game for the regular season!
But we are always the breeding ground for the next generation...good luck Scotty Boland....former South A player!

Local cricket in the uk is only one dayers and the english are doing just fine... its great rock up have a bat a bowl get a result get on the sauce bring on next week!! .... oh and repeat 26 times...
I'm happy with the blend of one day vs two day, but honestly we have to have the VTCA recognise the differences between the two formats, we need bowling restrictions and straightforward first 15 over fielding restrictions. Facing an offie who chucks it on our pitches for 20 overs is hardly conducive to entertaining cricket!
On another note, North Caulfield/Glenhuntly appear to have fallen over, which is a shame given they were due for promotion up from South B1. Does this open the door for Bradley and his mob to jump a grade?

I'm happy with the blend of one day vs two day, but honestly we have to have the VTCA recognise the differences between the two formats, we need bowling restrictions and straightforward first 15 over fielding restrictions. Facing an offie who chucks it on our pitches for 20 overs is hardly conducive to entertaining cricket!
On another note, North Caulfield/Glenhuntly appear to have fallen over, which is a shame given they were due for promotion up from South B1. Does this open the door for Bradley and his mob to jump a grade?
Are North Caulfield-Glenhuntly really folding?

yeh well said would love a proper split between the formats. One less club in South B would make it a 5 or 6 team grade i think? Mite have to make South Div and South A 12 team comps and drop South B...

I know I said this last year but I reckon we should do like they do in district cricket and have a one day final separate to the two day final. Play it in December or early Jan potentially gives some more teams a chance to experience finals then we can get stuck into the two dayers when the pitches are better outfields faster weather (sometimes) better which would also be a better preparation for 2 day and 4 day final...

yeh well said would love a proper split between the formats. One less club in South B would make it a 5 or 6 team grade i think? Mite have to make South Div and South A 12 team comps and drop South B...

I like it!!!
So Hampton, Bonny, Beenas and Parky in South Div. (All should be competitive based on recent results and Old Ment performance)
Rest in South A.
Play each other once!?!? Plus more finals?!?! Final 5 or 6?
Very innovative Streky!
I'm not seeing the problem lads....what are the problems...really???

I like it!!!
So Hampton, Bonny, Beenas and Parky in South Div. (All should be competitive based on recent results and Old Ment performance)
Rest in South A.
Play each other once!?!? Plus more finals?!?! Final 5 or 6?
Very innovative Streky!
I'm not seeing the problem lads....what are the problems...really???

Ok....done a bit of research...found some holes myself, but I think it is possible. A thing to keep in mind is that there is rumours about new teams joining and others folding in the North, and more importantly to us there is no obvious team to relegate if Beaumaris go up...which better happen!

Currently - Senior Div 12 teams, South Div 10 teams, South A 8 teams(including a team for Nth C/G), South B 7 teams(2011/12)
For interest North Div 10 teams, North A 10 teams, North B 10 teams (will change???)

So.........

South Div 12 - we could just let Beauy go up or keep Beauy and head off Youlden Parkville from South to North (where they should be, or Port, or AJAX!), keep MHSOB and AJAX from being relegated, and add Bonny, Hampton and 1 more (Beenas (1) or Parky (2)) or (relegate AJAX for both Beenas and Parky)= 12 teams
Then 12 teams left for South A.

Or will the great VTCA have a grand plan to break us into Senior, North, South, Central or East/West.....man my head is spinning!!!
After all..... they are planning to take over the world aren't they?!?!?:confused:!

Not to get personal boys, but I'm not that happy with a team like Parkdale getting promoted when they haven't won a final, on the back of a division restructure. Surely there is another way around it than to reward clubs in that regard?

I agree its a massive issue. Is Aspendale still around this season? There have been rumours of their demise for a couple of seasons now?

Not to get personal boys, but I'm not that happy with a team like Parkdale getting promoted when they haven't won a final, on the back of a division restructure. Surely there is another way around it than to reward clubs in that regard?

I agree its a massive issue. Is Aspendale still around this season? There have been rumours of their demise for a couple of seasons now?

So if you use that theory then no one from south a would go up if it's restructured because everyone that's left hasn't won a final, so should the two teams that finished last in south stay up or should you reward the teams that have been at the top of the ladder in the previous year with consistent form, yet got beaten by the better team on the day?? What ever way you go not everyone is going to be happy

Totally agree, I'd prefer to win the Premiership before gaining promotion regardless of finish in the season. To be frank I'd feel cheated without having achieved at least a Grand Final berth after the cricket we've played over the last two years. I see Old Mentonians have travelled well in Senior South from South A1 the previous season.

I would think before you start going around spruking that clubs had fallen over you would get your facts right. NCG are merging with Caulfield Grammmerians, not falling over !

I would think before you start going around spruking that clubs had fallen over you would get your facts right. NCG are merging with Caulfield Grammmerians, not falling over !

Point One: Stating - appear to have fallen over - does not equate with spruiking. Nor was it said with any ill-intent.
Point Two: What does that make the Club? North Caulfield/Glenhuntly/Caulfield Grammarians? One too many backslashes for a single entity for my liking.
Point Three: Contrary to your own opinion, you're not always right. I've had a conversation with the most recent North Caulfield/Glenhuntly President who stated that was the decision making at their AGM.
Point Four: You are in fact a semi-literate moron with a functioning ability to use the internet, not a source of fact.

So...if one of Beenas (first preference!) or Parky (second preference!) don't go up on merit....I guess we make all of our lives less pleasant by bringing another Northern club into South Div so that people can drive further to play....oh and we sack Aspendale?!?! Harsh!
Or we can just top up South B with the new teams out of Werribee or Williamstown ....thats easy!

Back