South A & B 2011/12

Good to see 7 one day games 7 two day games
Any one here if Clayton have pick up anyone ? Or lost anyone?
Bonny Hampton ?

Good to see 7 one day games 7 two day games
Any one here if Clayton have pick up anyone ? Or lost anyone?
Bonny Hampton ?

Well done to Hampton who have re-signed James Hawley for another season. Given his stats in a higher grade last year, he would be an early odds-on fav for the best player medal in South A and I think Hampton will start early fav's to win.

could be a close year in south A this year all teams have seemed to have picked up a couple of players, thoughts of the top sides I think
carnige and Hampton

could be a close year in south A this year all teams have seemed to have picked up a couple of players, thoughts of the top sides I think
carnige and Hampton
Carnegie will always be competitive
Be interesting to see how HCC new ground and wicket will hold out? I hope the curator gets it right

Hey Champ
I heard Stinga had talked Stumpy into joining AJAX to play Mercantile, but that's Sundays anyway- so no major problems for the Middle Park establishment is there?
Is that what you heard? :rolleyes:

More worried about getting the old body up for another year at the moment.

At least the VTCA has listened about one day rules and the format of the 7 two day and 7 one day games. Now if only we can get our 3s and 4s not to play in the same grade!!!

Agree SS DH is a good bloke, but why are u so fired up? I don't remember saying anything about u? I just mentioned a mate of mine has said he might not play.
Am I not allowed to do this?
QB - Not if it contradicts the all-seeing/all knowing one!!!

I agree with you, SS did seem to play the man a little harshly. I do agree with him on one point though. Middle Park will be around the top 4. However, given there are only 8 teams in the comp I reckon everybody will be around the top and bottom 4!!!

A forum is generally a place where people post what they have heard or think they have. Considering nobody likes to tell everyone what is true then why not make things up/voice what they have heard. From your response sledge you have obvious knowledge of this story so i'm tipping whoever is right will put their hand up and be a champ while the other will accept defeat and be a chump. Has anybody else had a pre season as strong as mine?:rolleyes:

A mate of yours said he might not play ! ffs where do you get off. Show some balls mate and tell us who you are at least and what club.
Geez SS did your keyboard just drown in hypocrisy. Who are you and what club are you from? Go back over some of your old posts and see some of the things you have put up. It is either stuff you picked up from a mate, or you have a mole at VTCA house. A bloke said he had some info, and you have gone all postal. It may turn out to be true, it may not. Wait and see and then I am sure one of you will put up their hand and say they got it wrong
It is a forum. Some post here using their names, most don't. Of those some are known, some aren't. It is what makes it a forum. Otherwise it will just be you posting things to yourself. I know there are a couple of guys from my club here, but there may be others I don't know.

No problems with that Rat, its just that i've spoken to the player mentioned and he is not going anywhere. So i reckon its fair enough that i tell to stop posting stuff thats not true.

Right i think we need to call Mr. Ray and get him to have a press conference to settle. I'm sure he's happy about you 2 calling him every 2 minutes haha. I think i pretty much know who most of the posters on here are but who cares. As long as people post interesting things and don't get personal i don't care who posts, sadly we are lacking in that department. On the cricket front i think its pretty hard to say who will be good/bad. Like Rat stated if there is only 8 teams most have a fair chance to play finals. Aspendale will be strong with Campbell going where the money is.....i mean returning to his junior club. Carnegie look to have improved their stocks and Hampton and Bonbeach will be around the mix if they can keep similar teams. Parkdale Utd have recruited well maybe due to a change in leadership but other than that i have not much on the rest so would be wrong of me to pass judgement.

Pretty poor forum etiquette to out someone who doesnt want to be outed, IMO
Well what did he do mate. It's all over i hope, lets get back to whats really happening in the South.
The worrying thing is that we can't loose anymore clubs in the South, what do any of you think is the reason, be it CMCA, Councils or lack of help

UB my pre-season after twelve weeks of gruelling batting and bowling, has fallen in a screaming heap of back spasms and neurofen +, 3 weeks out. Unbelievable! I hope yours has been a better experience.
Qball you called down the thunder, you'll just need to live with the consequences - at least until the moderators decide your responses or SS replies have overstepped the mark.
Mind you great start to what was a very drab BC opening.
IMO Carnegie making a lot of noise about recruits- but no-one seems to stay there, I like Hampton or Bonny for the flag. Best of luck to all involved.
On another note, great band playing live at Parkdale CC on 20 October from 8pm $25 cover charge pp and $40 for doubles.
Soul Sister 6 piece band, big sound. With a crew of of South and South A cricketers we can recreate Jakes without the sawdust and crap bouncers! see http://parkdalecc.com/pageitem.aspx?id=59314&id2=&eID=104&entityID=104

Well what did he do mate. It's all over i hope, lets get back to whats really happening in the South.
The worrying thing is that we can't loose anymore clubs in the South, what do any of you think is the reason, be it CMCA, Councils or lack of help
SS mate it's pretty simple - too many clubs. Have a look at the clubs that have been created or converted from junior to senior in the last two decades. I can throw a rock and hit 6 from Gerry Green Reserve. Some of these are 50+ year clubs, but for Councils to give the green light to start-ups now, without thought for resources and current clubs - it dilutes the whole cricket community.
That and my aforementioned thoughts on overseas players, and I can see the benefit of one or two if you can't recruit a local player of decent standard, but when you're filling your team with FIFO's its the kids who miss out on coaching and opportunity, then we all sit back and say the kids aren't interested. You can't have it both ways. Look after the kids and they might be.

You should try replying Q, then you might have the facts. Senior Division won't change and thats for the benefit of South Clubs and we will never become as bad as the Subbies. DH it is an arms race in Senior and the top clubs have to do it to competer with the likes of Yarraville and Hoppers who have more money than the rest of the comp combined. You can't stop them if they have pokies, you just have to try an import players to try and match them, picking the right one's is the key.

Back