South Africa aim to end quotas by 2010.

grapedo

South Africa aim to end quotas by 2010.

Recently members of the South African cricket board have announced that they are hoping for the racial quotas to be abolished by 2010 ? What is your view on this ?

Re: South Africa aim to end quotas by 2010.

Though I can understand why they were plut in place, in truth they should never had had them. They should have been abolished a long time ago.

You select on ability and ability alone. Skin colour should not be a consideration.

Yea I think after their ban they shouldn't of had them. They understood that the best and only the best players get a go.

That'd be great for South African cricket and definitely the right move.

Does anyone know what the quotas are right now?

Jolldo87;300243 said:
That'd be great for South African cricket and definitely the right move.

Does anyone know what the quotas are right now?

Yes their needs to be seven non white players in every 15 man squad.

At the moment these players are Amla, Prince, Duminy,Ntini,Zondeki,Petersen and Tsotsobe.

Interesting though because most of these players bar Zondeki and Petersen will be included in future south african sides.

So just say that One of the non white players in the squad is injured. Does he have to be replace by a non white guy, even if their is 3 or 4 white guys better than him?

breeno;300359 said:
So just say that One of the non white players in the squad is injured. Does he have to be replace by a non white guy, even if their is 3 or 4 white guys better than him?

Yes if it is just a one on one swap then yes that is correct.

One good thing is that the Quotas have helped them realise some talented black cricketers that they wouldn't have discovered with rascist selectors.

Now would be a great time to remove the quotas, as i believe that bar peterson, all the black/coloured players are very much deserving of their spot in squad.

People forget that basically there was a quota in the years before this one came in. You had to be white or you wouldn't get a game.

Now South Africa is relatively stable it is the right move to remove this system.

the_socialite;304608 said:
Now would be a great time to remove the quotas, as i believe that bar peterson, all the black/coloured players are very much deserving of their spot in squad.

I think Pietersen really spun a story about the quotas although there are some talented players that do miss out due to them.

Pietersen batted at 7 and bowled part time off spinners for his South African provincial side so he was never really recognised by the selectors.

grapedo;304765 said:
I think Pietersen really spun a story about the quotas although there are some talented players that do miss out due to them.

Pietersen batted at 7 and bowled part time off spinners for his South African provincial side so he was never really recognised by the selectors.

yeah i know, im referring to robin peterson though, and how he is probably the only player who is there just because of the quota

the_socialite;304824 said:
yeah i know, im referring to robin peterson though, and how he is probably the only player who is there just because of the quota

:D oh I spose I should've suspected you could spell. :p

Back